Why stop at one creative director? Could do 50 cent, Alicia Keys, CrackBerry Kevin, Justin Bieber, Bill Clinton... have a panel of Creative Directors... a Creative Board if you will!
    02-15-13 06:04 PM
    Why stop at one creative director? Could do 50 cent, Alicia Keys, CrackBerry Kevin, Justin Bieber, Bill Clinton... have a panel of Creative Directors... a Creative Board if you will!
    Nope. Because each and every one of us think WE can do it better.
    You've heard of the #ArmChairCEO....
    Now you've got #ArmChairCreativeDirectors...
    02-15-13 06:22 PM
    Oh @ this blatant Britney Spears omission. The Holy Spearit shall see you on judgement day
    zclash, Mecca EL and EsJayDee like this.
    02-15-13 06:32 PM
    Yeah. Jay z maybe but plenty of other too. Sometimes it seems weird to have a celeb endorse something sometimes. But as a creative director that's a different story
    02-15-13 06:42 PM
    Oh @ this blatant Britney Spears omission. The Holy Spearit shall see you on judgement day http://onyxeffect.com/public/style_e...ault/slash.png
    I love her but at this point I would say she would have to be "lucky" to get the job. She's just not the same Britney. But I do love her. And I wouldn't care if she was on the board
    02-15-13 06:46 PM
    I love her but at this point I would say she would have to be "lucky" to get the job. She's just not the same Britney. But I do love her. And I wouldn't care if she was on the board
    May the Holy Spearit protect you from common, every day accidents such as being pushed off a flight of stairs by someone whose username begins with A and ends with a V
    02-15-13 06:55 PM
    That hurts. But I'm sure I cut you deeper. I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?

Anyone got any ideas for endorsements? Who do all the kids like nowadays? dRose? Ryan gossling? John malkovich? Jk cuz apples snagged him first... Jimmy Kimmel? I'm surprised my playbook knew that last one
    02-15-13 07:00 PM
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:10 PM
    to be fair alicia isnt great. but 50 is by far worse. a one year wannabe who noone takes seriously anymore. try harder op. bieber is better then 50 right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 07:41 PM
    He would only be a good one to an urban market. For the people who aren't into the gangster rap scene, it would turn them off. Alicia Keys is non threatening, pretty face for them to put up. Plus she also helps reach the urban market. Let's be honest, look at the video games that he was in. They were decent, but his face didn't sell them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 07:59 PM
    She has children, she is a working mother.
    50 Cent has children, he is a working father.

I actually like the guy, as an entrepreneur and as an emcee, but he doesn't fit with the image BlackBerry is actually trying to portray.

And, if you study 50 Cent, he mentions a couple times in interviews that he will only endorse brands that go together and fit his image (Vitamin Water, energy drinks, urban clothing line, etc). Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't go with that image. Not saying people who fit that mold aren't BB users (I was a DJ and music producer for almost 10 years and have stuck with BB for a while); the general public would have a hard time picturing 50 and BB together.

Now, maybe in years down the road and 50 Cent establishes himself as a mogul across different horizons, then yeah maybe then he would make a good BB endorsement. But, the majority of people out there picture the Get-Rich-or-Die-Trying-gangsta-rapper when they hear the words "50 Cent". It's a tough sell, indeed.

Alicia Keys makes for the better endorsement. The best? Not sure, but better than 50 Cent. She is a working professional woman, and her style of music and performances has always been classy/elegant (just about opposite of what you'd see Beyonce or Jennifer Lopez doing on stage). On top of that, her style of music is more widely accepted than 50 Cent (I personally don't really like Alicia Keys work), especially with the demographic that BB is targeting. And, because she is a woman, part black-part-white, she can reach out and relate to markets that 50 Cent wouldn't be able to.

Personally, I think Justin Timberlake would make for a good endorser. I realize that Alicia Keys' role in BlackBerry is more than just a poster-girl, but if all you wanted to do was put a modern day celebrity face with BlackBerry, I think JT would be a good one. Not too young, not too old. Talented. Girls love him. Guys don't generally have anything against him (and wouldn't mind being him). His style of music appeals to both urban and soulful to the guy from the suburbs who can't dance. And he's always had a professional style in the way he carries himself.

Now that I think of it, Leonardo DiCapprio wouldn't be bad either...
    Last edited by JR A; 02-15-13 at 09:50 PM.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-15-13 09:37 PM
    Jay-z would be better than 50 cent but Alicia Keys is ok too
    I'm in, Boeing jets, Global Express
    Out the country but the blueberry still connect

-from Encore (or Numb/Encore...if that Linkin Park collaboration is more up your alley.) But let's overlook that

Regarding 50, well...I kinda see where the OP is coming from. On one hand 50's ruthless almost to the point of obsession (destroying Ja Rule's career, marketing the he11 out of Vitamin Water, etc.), fearless to a degree, and a smart businessman overall. But on the other hand, he catches mild cases of foot-in-mouth disease every once in a while (calling out much more talented emcees like Nas and Jadakiss, and incidents that may suggest...um...collaboration with law enforcement--a big no-no in gangsta rap), and most importantly, he's past his mainstream appeal.

If we want to stay within the hip-hop/rap industry, yes Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Kanye West (as much as I hate to say it) or even Eminem (remember the Chrysler commercial?) might have been better choices as celebrity endorsers.
    02-15-13 09:42 PM
    She has children, she is a working mother.
    50 cent has a son, hes a working father. I dont see Alicia Key being big in the industry
    MERCDROID likes this.
    02-15-13 09:42 PM
    Jay-z would be better than 50 cent but Alicia Keys is ok too
    Blackberry doesn thave Jay-z money, but i agree with you.
    02-15-13 09:45 PM
    Blackberry doesn thave Jay-z money, but i agree with you.
    No, no, no... Jay Z doesn't have BlackBerry money...
    02-15-13 09:51 PM
    to be fair alicia isnt great. but 50 is by far worse. a one year wannabe who noone takes seriously anymore. try harder op. bieber is better then 50 right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I meant fifty as a business man not the rapper. His headphones are selling, hes doing great things for communities and humanity. He is what "keep moving" is all about.

JR A and MERCDROID like this.
    02-15-13 09:53 PM
    I meant fifty as a business man not the rapper. His headphones are selling, hes doing great things for communities and humanity. He is what "keep moving" is all about.

I'm a fan of his work musically, business-wise, and philanthropically.

The trouble is, it's a tough sell for BlackBerry to say, "Here's our new head of _____ operations," when most people still have the Get-Rich-or-Die-Trying-gangsta-rapper image in their head. Like I said, maybe in years down the road when 50 is a bona-fide mogul that spans several horizons, then yeah, I can see him and BB together.

I still think Justin Timberlake would make for a good person for BlackBerry to utilize. Maybe not at a top senior role like the one Alicia Keys has, but at least as a poster boy spokesperson for reason I pointed out in my earlier post.
    02-15-13 10:01 PM
    excerpt from linked article:

From Jepsen�s latest video, "This Kiss," which prominently featured a Nokia Lumia 900. Like any product placement deal, she was well compensated for the plug. But once she�s off-set, Jepsen�s tweets still carry a telltale "Twitter for iPhone" tag. And she�s not alone. After a bit of digging, The Verge also found Rita Ora tweeting from a BlackBerry and Greek pop star Anna Vissi tweeting from an iPhone, after both had featured Windows Phones in their videos. (A Lumia 900 in "How We Do" and a Lumia 800 in "Tiranniemai," respectively.) When you throw in Oprah�s recent tweet endorsing Microsoft�s Surface � which happened to be sent from an iPad � celebrity tech endorsements have had an extremely embarrassing few weeks.

The stars are liars: how Twitter outs celebrity smartphone shills | The Verge
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-15-13 10:01 PM
    I still think Justin Timberlake would make for a good person for BlackBerry to utilize. Maybe not at a top senior role like the one Alicia Keys has, but at least as a poster boy spokesperson for reason I pointed out in my earlier post.
    JT would also be a great pick, specially now that he is coming back
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-15-13 10:10 PM
    Touch�e my friends.
    02-16-13 01:03 AM
    Whatever 50 cent markets, it gets great response in the market. He will actually market a product and not claim he got hacked like alicia keys did. I still dont understand her role with blackberry, she hasn't tweeted much about it or talked about it. 50 cent has a great following on twitter and people actually tweet him and he tweets them back. Here is an example of what he can do for a stock: 50 Cent's Twitter Penny Stock Scheme: Makes $8.7 Million On H&H Importing By Encouraging Fans To Invest he tweeted about this stock and it shot up so fast that he made $9 million in 24hours. He is always promoting the things he is involved in. Would anyone agree with me on this? Does anyone know what Mrs. Keys is actually doing with blackberry? Her actual role? other than two timing?
    I find fitty cents talent to be solely in creating raps - which I dont see translating well into marketing a smartphone. I find people that are talented across several areas (like Alicia Keys - like her or hate her - she is multitalented) able to maybe better adapt in different roles. People like Alicia Keys, Dr Dre, Tom Morello, Beck - people talented across the spectrum - can kick *** in those roles. Fitty Cent? Not so much.
    02-16-13 07:13 AM
    I don't see why people have a problem with Alicia Keys in this role. She did use an iphone but did she tweet with one after the event? I know she posted pictures of the Z10 and Q10 since taking the job. She wasn't hired as an endorser, she was hired as a creative director. If she wasn't a celebrity then I don't think people would confuse the two.

To me she seems like a good fit for this role. For BlackBerry they get someone that is creative and could do something good with this project, plus they get the added bonus of her being a celebrity. She is going make videos with it or something like while on tour from what I hear. The fact that she is going on tour can be another plus.

I think people need to give her a chance to prove herself in this new job.

James
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-16-13 07:40 AM
    I don't see why people have a problem with Alicia Keys in this role. She did use an iphone but did she tweet with one after the event? I know she posted pictures of the Z10 and Q10 since taking the job. She wasn't hired as an endorser, she was hired as a creative director. If she wasn't a celebrity then I don't think people would confuse the two.

To me she seems like a good fit for this role. For BlackBerry they get someone that is creative and could do something good with this project, plus they get the added bonus of her being a celebrity. She is going make videos with it or something like while on tour from what I hear. The fact that she is going on tour can be another plus.

I think people need to give her a chance to prove herself in this new job.

James
    yes, she did tweet with an iphone after she had her z10, she tweet twice actually. But you are right, we need to see what shes got, she just started.
    02-16-13 09:15 AM
    Ted Nugent!!!
    02-16-13 09:24 AM
    If 50 cent gave away a Z10 with ever album sold... Would probably push out 30 devices.

dude can't even sell his own music over the last few years AND his new SMS headphones have the quality build of mcdonalds kids meal toys
    northernrds and MERCDROID like this.
    02-16-13 09:55 AM
119 1234 ...