That's a lot of faith in BB. RIM can develop the fastest, most awesome looking OS but if it lacks features, functions and quality apps, it won't matter when it�s competing along side iOS and Android. BBX is a new operating system and as the public saw on the PB, very few know or care what QNX or BBX is. I don't think it's gonna be the life changing OMGWTFLOLBBQ moment everyone thinks it'll be. Most people have a preconceived notion of what BB is - emails and texts only - and it's gonna take a lot more than a new OS to get people to come back.

Most people don't know or don't care about what kind of engine is in their car. Nissan could announce that they just dropped a brand new super duper speedy engine in an Xterra and some people just wouldn't care. They don't know to be impressed. They're not into the techincal aspects like we are. We know what BBX is or at least the rumors of what it's supposed to be. For most people, it's like going from Windows 95 to Windows98. It's just another OS.
    I mostly agree.

I think the same can be said for every OS. I do not believe BBX is going to unleash a tidal wave of consumer adoption. Why? I don't think the average consumer don't care about the finer points of multi-tasking, nor do they care that a kernel "works on the moon."

I think they want to be able to do as much as possible on the device, have access to content in an easy manner, and have fun. That is going to be the key: the ecosystem.

BBX will be useless without a compelling ecosystem, IMHO.
    11-04-11 03:53 PM
    My one dog prefers purina dog chow and the other loves kibbles and bits. Even though the kibbles and bits looks better and has more pieces in it the other dog still prefers the dog chow. Go figure.
    11-04-11 04:51 PM
    My one dog prefers purina dog chow and the other loves kibbles and bits. Even though the kibbles and bits looks better and has more pieces in it the other dog still prefers the dog chow. Go figure.
    Different strokes for different folks. Choice is good!
    11-04-11 06:22 PM
    bbx would take some time to be acclimatised to the developers and maybe carriers. then to customers. because its relatively new (rather than incremental changes from 5 to 6 and 7) its critical to see how it fares in playbook.
    i have a nokia meego handphone, its also similar to webos (as bbx is) and its fast. intuitive as well. i found it better than bbx ( the interface and the way it responds to swipes). and you don't really need that thick gesture area as in playbook.
    11-04-11 08:20 PM
104 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD