hey,
    just wanted to know if the new 5.0 os is coming to the pearl series??
    04-11-09 12:48 AM
    As far as I know, yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 12:50 AM
    yep.. it looks as though its gonna be an across the board type of thing..
    04-11-09 12:54 AM
    Yes it is but with the Pearl being dated, I wouldnt expect the same kind of leaks as you will/would with the newer devices.
    04-11-09 12:56 AM
    oh thats goood news

I see all the leaks coming out for the new series, but is there an official date of release for 5.0?
    04-11-09 01:21 AM
    oh thats goood news

I see all the leaks coming out for the new series, but is there an official date of release for 5.0?

None at all. I expect it to be awhile.
    04-11-09 01:23 AM
    I'm not saying this information is untrue, but what leads you guys to say that 5.0 will come out for the Pearl? I'm just idk. Somewhat doubtful. If it does, will it be out for the original Candy-Bar Pearl?
    04-11-09 03:50 PM
    According to what I've heard, RIM's plan is to standardize the OS across their devices

04-11-09 03:53 PM
    Cool! Still a whole summer ahead with my Pearl before end of contract. So a 5.0 would be really great! Actually any new OS would make me happy now before the BIG decision later this year on which new BB to buy.
    04-11-09 04:17 PM
    Well, taking what aerophage said to heart, that's probably the best way to go. It'll make people be able to chose a phone based on its features and looks, instead of OS. My only fear is that os 5.0 might be a resource hog on the Pearl? Perhaps I'm wrong though. I'd love to see the "media" interface reworked, and the precision themes implemented by RIM on the Pearl.

Anyone know any good Precision like themes for the Pearl? or an 8900 style / Bold style?
    04-11-09 05:27 PM
    Yes the Pearl series will see 5.0.
    04-11-09 05:28 PM
    ETA .. 6-9 months? Lol
    04-11-09 05:40 PM
    As I said before, its a waste of time for them to work on an OS that is backwards compatible with old models. It means sacrifices for newer faster phones, most likely speed hit for the old phones, and more areas for something to get screwed up. Sounds like another half thought by RIM...

04-11-09 10:05 PM
    As I said before, its a waste of time for them to work on an OS that is backwards compatible with old models. It means sacrifices for newer faster phones, most likely speed hit for the old phones, and more areas for something to get screwed up. Sounds like another half thought by RIM...

not really. those older models are still being sold, and will continue to be sold for quite a while. so until they get phased out, it makes sense they will put 5.0 on it since it's coming soon anyway.
    04-12-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD