So far I know, they could have native BBM but not synced with your phone (means 2 SIMs with 2 BBIDs).
    Now, will RIM release that ... is another question.
    Yes they will or should I say, I sincerely hope so. This will then target those consumers who do not have or choose not to have Blackberry smartphones. They can still have the best of both worlds, their preferred smartphone, whatever platform that maybe, and all of this blackberry goodness, "now featuring blackberry messenger and 4G connectivity."
    04-13-12 12:57 AM
    Ahh.. But this is not the same thing is it?

Child Molestation is a completely different thing then someone saying they obtained stolen playbooks on an internet forum. Firstly it involves a child who as adults we have a responsibility to protect them as they are unable to protect themselves. Secondly the VICTIM contacted you directly is in danger from further harm.

But hey. Its all the same thing to you apparently. Call your local police department and report the "Crime" that is taking place in this thread.

Let me know how that turns out.

Pretty sure he never said " it was stolen" or " i knowingly obtained these illegally"
    Child Molestation is a crime... just like stealing.
    This person CONTACTED us through the form and can CAUSE further danger by supporting the acts which got him the merchandise in the first place.

Im sorry, but if it is ANY crime it is A CRIME.

I never said we should inform the police just because he posted... i said that we should stop supporting his actions by purchasing the items from him. We arent sure if HE stole them or if it was someone else, so to make that claim would be an accusation, what we do know is that they were stolen property... and purchasing stolen property is illegal. THAT was the point I was making.
    04-13-12 02:47 AM

This person CONTACTED us through the form and can CAUSE further danger by supporting the acts which got him the merchandise in the first place.

I never said we should inform the police just because he posted... i said that we should stop supporting his actions by purchasing the items from him. We arent sure if HE stole them or if it was someone else, so to make that claim would be an accusation, what we do know is that they were stolen property... and purchasing stolen property is illegal. THAT was the point I was making.

first of all; while both child molestation and theft are both crimes, they are in no way close in severity.

stop making false equivalence. there is no moral relevance between the two.

here in Canada any type of theft or robbery under 5k$ is considered a minor crime.

what you are trying to do is imply that anyone who buys stolen goods is the same as a child molester. that is just plain ignorance on your part.

second of all: people are all adults here. everyone knows what is right or wrong and the consequences to illegal activity. get off your moral high horse and mind your own business.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    Princepia likes this.
    04-13-12 06:59 AM
    Can we reduce the personal attacks to 0%?
    04-13-12 07:10 AM
    Ah. Now the thread is ripe for closure.
    anon(757282) likes this.
    04-13-12 09:29 AM
    Ah. Now the thread is ripe for closure.
    Just waiting for the mods to flip the switch...
    04-13-12 09:30 AM
    Just waiting for the mods to flip the switch...
    Child molestation? LOL. A guy was trying to sell some found tablets.

Yes, this thread has run its course and then some. Time to close.
    Princepia likes this.
    04-13-12 10:21 AM

Where did he say he knew they were stolen?

I read the thread and must of missed that part.

As you know a crime is a crime. Smoking majuana is a crime but one is rarely charged for smoking or possessing small amounts, even though its a crime.

Just saying. If someone wants to buy these questionably obtained playbooks they can. Its sketchy for sure, but nothing saying they are stolen.

just saying.
    04-13-12 10:29 AM
    first of all; while both child molestation and theft are both crimes, they are in no way close in severity.

stop making false equivalence. there is no moral relevance between the two.

here in Canada any type of theft or robbery under 5k$ is considered a minor crime.

what you are trying to do is imply that anyone who buys stolen goods is the same as a child molester. that is just plain ignorance on your part.

second of all: people are all adults here. everyone knows what is right or wrong and the consequences to illegal activity. get off your moral high horse and mind your own business.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    Look, i dont want to continue to take this off topic. You seem to understand part of the point i am making, so i will stat it one more time and then ONLY discuss the topic after that.

My point was that MAJOR crimes or MINOR crimes are both CRIMES... that is all.

You can sugar coat it or try to make other things up but my point in comparing a child molester to a thief was not to say that they are the same degree of criminals, bt merely that they are both criminals... and CRIMINALS/CRIME IN ANY DEGRE needs to be dealt with.

If you guys dont agree that is fine. From now on please keep this discussion on topic.

(as for the people asking where he tried to sell them... Some posts may have been deleted due to the fact that he was trying to sell stolen property)
    04-13-12 01:26 PM
    04-13-12 07:04 PM
    He's selling it on ebay of all places. If he's in toronto, the cops monitor it all the time!
    04-13-12 07:16 PM
    I believe the UK version LTE PlayBook are being sold from Ireland on eBay
    04-13-12 07:32 PM
    I believe the UK version LTE PlayBook are being sold from Ireland on eBay
    Hmm, has anybody from the UK or ireland tipped the cops with the link to the listing?
    04-13-12 07:36 PM
    Both of the Playbooks on that page are wifi only and the seller will provide the original receipt if required.
    04-16-12 07:09 AM
    Fail

lol...
    04-16-12 03:37 PM
    Wish this thread was about pb 4G instead of a discussion on morality.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-16-12 03:53 PM
    Then make a post...
    04-17-12 12:56 AM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD