Please can anyone clear the issue on 4g for me? Do I need a carrier or service provider that offers 4g before I can enable it in settings? I can't find the option to switch to 4g o my phone. Does that mean that I can't use the service even if I were to change to a network that provides it or if my network suddenly upgrades to the 4g services? If that's the case, then this is purely a scam as no one ever said there'd be 3g and 4g versions. All they said was that the z10 is a 4g device.
    03-03-13 07:08 AM
    Which carrier are you on?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:13 AM
    I'm on 3 in the UK.
    03-03-13 07:17 AM
    What are the options shown under the network connections?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:42 AM
    Has 3 rolled out 4G in your area? It looks like they are just beginning to roll out 4G coverage this spring.
    03-03-13 08:55 AM
    I can confirm that 3 haven't rolled out any 4g services yet...... but I ask cos I only see 2g,2g&3g and 3g only as selectable options. I've always thought I would have the 4g option as well and will only not be able to use it cos my provider doesn't support it yet. It doesn't offer them option and I'd like to know if I need to have a carrier that provides the service before being able to seen it listed as an option.
    03-03-13 09:45 AM
    I thought three said they were push out a network update to 4G capable phones when they had done the network? I am pretty sure you will not see it unless it is provided by your carrier.
    03-03-13 09:46 AM
    You won't "see" if you are on a carrier without it.

And why would you need to?
    03-03-13 09:57 AM
    Thanks for the response...i'm aware that some phones are not 4g compatible and only thought I had to know so I could know if it's a device issue or carrier issue. like the older 2g phones that couldn't handle 3g services, once u don't find 3g on as an option , you know it's cos ur phone isn't compatible...move had a few who moan about having versions they thought were compatible and only found out when they switched to EE that their phones ain't compatible. I asked so I could clear it up.....like I said, I thought it would always show up cos it's a device attribute and only thought one wouldn't be able to select it cos the provider doesn't offer it. Thanks a lot for the responses. I'd appreciate more comments on the subject though.
    03-03-13 10:50 AM
    No I'm pretty sure that it won't show, I have an iphone5 and in using it on tmobile and the LTE option isn't there but on my cousins iphone5 it is. I'm guessing its because LTE isn't available with tmobile or maybe because its a verizon iPhone 5 and its different bands but I could be wrong
    03-03-13 02:26 PM