The odds are that the only 4g blackberry due in June '11 would be a playbook and anything else is simply people plugging together old and new rumours to come out with this latest one.
    02-22-11 04:55 AM
    If Sprint has 4 G, why can't we have a Blackberry 4G on Sprint?

Do I need to get the Samsung Epic or Evo ?

I'd rather have a BB but this is getting sort of ridiculous, don't cha think?
    I completely agree. The fact that there are 2 Google phones that are 4G before 1 BlackBerry, is very disheartening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 04:35 PM
    Yes, I heard from a friend who knows a friend who works in Waterloo headquarters that there is a 4G Blackberry on the way equipt with LTE, 1080p video recording, HDMI out, dual led flash, 8 MP camera, 3.2 MP front facing camera, a 4.5 inch 1080x720 resolution screen, and a tri-core 2 Ghz processor which also runs QNX.

02-22-11 07:22 PM
    I beeive it when I see it until then it's just another bs rumor
    02-22-11 08:01 PM
    Yes, I heard from a friend who knows a friend who works in Waterloo headquarters that there is a 4G Blackberry on the way equipt with LTE, 1080p video recording, HDMI out, dual led flash, 8 MP camera, 3.2 MP front facing camera, a 4.5 inch 1080x720 resolution screen, and a tri-core 2 Ghz processor which also runs QNX.

A friend of a friend told you that RIM is developing every Blackberry fan's wet dream of a phone?

No offense, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.
    02-22-11 08:21 PM

LOL...thanks. And it even appears a couple of posters take your tongue in cheek comments seriously.
    02-25-11 07:28 AM
    LOL...thanks. And it even appears a couple of posters take your tongue in cheek comments seriously.
    Given the jump in this year's hardware and the specs of the playbook, maybe those specs aren't going to end up being so far away from what we see next year, albeit a little on the high side in some areas like cpu speed which would be dreadful for the battery.

In order for them to reduce the amount of work where possible in optimising the performance of qnx on a phone I think we can expect a minimum of 1gb of ram, 1ghz dualcore and a 4-4.3" display with a similar rez to the one on the playbook as then the main areas to concentrate would be optimising the ui for a smaller screen and not running out of power in the middle of the day.
    02-25-11 03:37 PM
    I don't think we will see a 4g blackberry this year. It seems RIM is gonna hold out until QNX to deliver any serious advacements in their products.

02-28-11 02:06 PM
    i will be back to blackberry as soon as sprint has a 4G blackberry. cant wait...
    03-24-11 03:02 PM
    i will be back to blackberry as soon as sprint has a 4G blackberry. cant wait...
    That "4G" blackberry will be CDMA, you won't be able to unlock it, or use data and voice at the same time until they get off of CDMA. WCDMA is basically the same.

03-24-11 03:07 PM
    This was discussed during today's earnings call, more so sidestepped. Sounds more like a QNX super phone feature(2012) than a 6.1 feature.
    03-24-11 05:18 PM
    My carrier is Sprint, and I'm in metro-Detroit, so far the Detroit area getting 4G coverage this year seems pretty slim to none. Even if RIM came out with a 4G BlackBerry on Sprint, it wouldn't do me any good. And seeing the leaked CDMA 2011 roadmap, no 4G was even mentioned. I'll be happy this early June to pick up a Bold Touch with my upgrade, and enjoy it until 2013 when by then, 4G coverage in Detroit for Sprint AND QNX will be firmly intact.

03-26-11 07:15 AM
    Thank you I'm from the D as well, I live 2 miles from where those miserable Lions play. Everyone is talking about 4G as if without it your phone will stop working. 4G is not anything special, its not some secret level of internet access. Its just higher speeds, if you demand 4G maybe you should switch carriers because your current one isn't pleasing you.

4G is just another way for them to charge more money under 'justifiable' causes. As he said, Detroit doesn't even have 4G here....I believe some Canadian TV company owns the rights to it as of now, but even if you had a 4G phone....and NEVER used 4G service, you would still pay the 4G price. WOW

And the sad thing is, a lot of people still don't have 3G yet!
    03-26-11 12:17 PM
    Thank you I'm from the D as well, I live 2 miles from where those miserable Lions play. Everyone is talking about 4G as if without it your phone will stop working. 4G is not anything special, its not some secret level of internet access. Its just higher speeds, if you demand 4G maybe you should switch carriers because your current one isn't pleasing you.

4G is just another way for them to charge more money under 'justifiable' causes. As he said, Detroit doesn't even have 4G here....I believe some Canadian TV company owns the rights to it as of now, but even if you had a 4G phone....and NEVER used 4G service, you would still pay the 4G price. WOW

And the sad thing is, a lot of people still don't have 3G yet!
    Sprint seeing that $10 premium data fee wouldn't fly when a metro area like Detroit won't have 4G for at least a year, changed it to any smartphone purchased after Jan 31st will coast the addtional $10 and to my fellow Detroiter, at least we can see if the Tigers will make a run for the central division title...and there is always the Eastern Market on Saturdays

03-26-11 02:40 PM
    There is no need for a 4G blackberry, for 99.9% of us it would be an extra antena that will never get used.

03-26-11 04:42 PM
    I think RIM looses its position as compared with Apple or Android devices. You see there are so many 4G devices already announced and BlackBerry shows only rumour about its first 4G phone.
    The official press release on BlackBerry Bold smartphones says "they are built on a new performance-driven platform featuring a 1.2 GHz processor, Liquid Graphics� touch screen, and support for high speed 4G/HSPA+ wide area wireless networks". But as you investigate some, you'll see those are not real 4G devices.
    Last edited by AdamJ.; 05-30-11 at 03:27 PM.
    05-30-11 03:20 PM
    I think RIM looses its position as compared with Apple or Android devices. You see there are so many 4G devices already announced and BlackBerry shows only rumour about its first 4G phone.
    The press release about BlackBerry Bold smartphones says "they are built on a new performance-driven platform featuring a 1.2 GHz processor, Liquid Graphics� touch screen, and support for high speed 4G/HSPA+ wide area wireless networks". But as you investigate some, you'll see those are not real 4G devices!
    None of the networks depicted to be 4G are actually 4G, but rather 3G, 3.5G or 3G+.

kbz1960 likes this.
    05-30-11 03:23 PM
    You have a magic orb?
    Using this:

BlackBerry App World - Magic 8 Ball
    05-30-11 06:46 PM
    this thread is rather comical. anyone who thinks rim doesn't need a 4g device has not tried vzn's 4g network. it is blazing fast. twice as fast as my cable modem. i have the droid charge and i hate the touchscreen and really miss the bold...but 4g opens up a whole new world.

the mobile hotspot is a must have for me and makes Tether feel like a turtle. i can't wait for a 4G BB and by the time the new bold touch comes out, it will be already outdated in that respect. vzn is adding new cites every few weeks.
    06-28-11 07:42 PM
    I was looking forward to having a 4G device in the future, but read an article about AT&T having 4G data plans with $30 being the cheapest option. Prices just get higher and higher. Grr.
    06-29-11 03:36 PM
    Sprint seeing that $10 premium data fee wouldn't fly when a metro area like Detroit won't have 4G for at least a year, changed it to any smartphone purchased after Jan 31st will coast the addtional $10 and to my fellow Detroiter, at least we can see if the Tigers will make a run for the central division title...and there is always the Eastern Market on Saturdays

What is Sprint trying to do, lose the customers it has? Yeah you can't even use it but we're going to charge you for it anyway. Great move bone heads.

I can only hope that uscell doesn't follow these idiots.
    06-29-11 04:47 PM
    yeah... i use several site to test speed and speedtest.net is one of them. those number are pretty common, but i have seen down go over 20. it's just as fast using the mobile hotspot, which is much faster than my home network.

i miss my BB bold sooo much. but 4G is the bomb is you have a good signal. and i travel a lot and all the markets i do business in regularly all have 4G now.

I am amazed RIM got caught with their pants down on this one. I will by the first 4G BB and never look back....but for now 4G opens up options that don't exist with 3G coverage...like listening to any radio station in the country as i drive down the road, thru my car stereo via BT.

its funny you mention the droid charge on vz's lte network. on monday i was waiting in line for transformers 3 prescreen release, and my buddy was showing me his droid charge. to say i was impressed was an understatement. his phone's browser is faster than my desktop. i did the speedtest.net app and he hit 18mbps down and 6 mbps up with a 60ms ping. i have a video of it on my phone too lol. i just dont know how to upload it.
    06-30-11 09:19 PM
    And how much do you pay to consume gb after gb of data?
    06-30-11 09:21 PM
    $30 unlimited. and it's grandfathered in after vzn goes to tiered data. the mobile hotspot is $20 for 2 gigs.
    06-30-11 10:17 PM
    Not so bad, but guess you'd be raped in the new tired data plans as I can imagine those phones go thru data like water.
    06-30-11 10:22 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD