Hi, completely new to this and finally decided to ask for help.

I have the BB 8100 through work and for the life of me can not fathom this out.
    Prolem:
    If i save my contacts with +44 in the number, i can see the name when i get a text from them but If they phone, it just shows the number and not their name. If i save their number without +44, the name appears when they call, but number only when they text arggggghhhhhhh......is there a way to show the name for both text and phone calls?

Thanks from complete forum newbie
    06-08-09 09:42 AM
    Hi

Welcome to CB

I'm on o2 also, using an 8900. I save all of my contacts using the +44 format, and I don't have an issue with calls/texts. Perhaps try a battery pull - with the phone on, take the battery out and leave it for 30secs. Then put it back in and the phone will boot up.

Get someone to try calling/texting you to see if it has helped. Other than that I don't know what to suggest. Perhaps someone more experienced than I will have another suggestion.

Hope you get it sorted!
    06-08-09 11:06 AM
    Guys - try the following and see if this solves the problem:

Go into the call log > menu key > options > smart dialling > set country code to +44. That normally sorts it out.

Let me know how you go on...

Osh
    06-08-09 11:19 AM
    Guys - try the following and see if this solves the problem:

Go into the call log > menu key > options > smart dialling > set country code to +44. That normally sorts it out.

Let me know how you go on...

Osh
    Yeah Osh is spot on. Once you've done that you don't need to save +44 for anyone. The phone does it all for you no matter where in the world you are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:57 AM
    Hi Osh - you've just made my day!

Thanks
    06-09-09 03:22 AM
    The other reasons a phone may fail to show caller name are
    * Multiple contact entries with the same number associated
    * Content Protection set to Enabled and Exclude Contacts = No
    06-09-09 04:02 AM
    The other reasons a phone may fail to show caller name are
    * Multiple contact entries with the same number associated
    * Content Protection set to Enabled and Exclude Contacts = No
    Also if your on Orange, it can turn itself off. Does it on my work phone. Randomly have to ring customer services to send me the settings for my phone to read the contacts. God its silly.
    06-09-09 04:04 AM
    Also if your on Orange, it can turn itself off. Does it on my work phone. Randomly have to ring customer services to send me the settings for my phone to read the contacts. God its silly.
    Morning Joe - have to say that Orange a total joke when it comes to BlackBerry; did you know that if you have a normal mobile number with Orange and you are in contract and YOU (i.e. the customer) decide that you want to add BlackBerry YOU CANT!!!! Crazy! Their SLA for getting a BES connection is something like 72 hours...mind you that's not as bad as o2 - their SLA used to be two weeks. With Vodafone I can do it in just 30 minutes....

Scala78 - no worries m8; can't take th credit for it as i asked one of my engineers!

Osh
    06-09-09 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD