Trying to connect to the internet and keep recieving this message. I have unlimited internet so just booting up to the internet causes this message. After a reboot it goes away. 6-8 times a day is too many reboots!! what is causing this and how do i fix this?
    01-09-10 07:06 PM
    try resending your service books from the at&t BIS website or through the Email Setup icon in the phone.
    01-09-10 07:09 PM
    I do not use BES on my Berry therefore BBM and email are not able to perform. I have to use good old fashioned Yahoomail. And as far as service books go i have no idea how to do what you are talking about..
    01-09-10 07:12 PM
    I do not use BES on my Berry therefore BBM and email are not able to perform. I have to use good old fashioned Yahoomail. And as far as service books go i have no idea how to do what you are talking about..
    well thats kind of important information you left out of your first post.

you need to set your default browser settings to "WAP" since you cant use the browser set as "Internet Browser" without a BB data plan. or try using a 3rd party browser. you also may want to make sure your APN settings are correct.
    01-09-10 07:29 PM
    Well sry about that.. My internet settings are set to WAP. I havent changed anything on the phone..and a 3rd party browser works fine. both Opera Mini & Bolt work fine I am trying to figure out what is causing this message in the default browser all the sudden and how to fix it. but thank you for your um.. help.
    01-09-10 07:35 PM
    the default browser uses BES/BIS by default. i didnt think it would even work at all without the BB data plan. it is probably causing this error because its trying to default to looking for BB data, when you only have the carriers data plan. just stick to using the 3rd party browsers.
    01-09-10 07:46 PM
    the default browser uses BES/BIS by default. i didnt think it would even work at all without the BB data plan. it is probably causing this error because its trying to default to looking for BB data, when you only have the carriers data plan. just stick to using the 3rd party browsers.
    I have had this phone on att go plan for well over a yr. this is a new problem not an old one. if i WANTED to stick to 3rd party browsers that would be one thing BUT AS I STATED I WOULD LIKE TO FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEM.
    01-09-10 09:08 PM
    There is nothing wrong with your phone(or your settings). It is at&t. I am having the same problem recently on my phone and the wife's phone. When we try to use anything that has a direct tcp connection we have issues. Just like you said. several times a day.

MMS, Medianet, Pandora, Slingplayer...etc.

What I have found is that a reboot does cure it, just like you discovered, but I have also found that if you wait a few minutes, it starts working again.

We do have BB data plans on both phones, but it is the direct tcp stuff we are having issues with recently. I have seen other threads with people complaining of the same issues.
    01-10-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD