(From BGR)
    ArsTechnica wrote up an interesting piece that examines the future plans, and loyalty, of BlackBerry owners. The article, which cites a Crowd Science survey, found that 2 out of every 5 BlackBerry users surveyed indicated having plans to switch out their BlackBerry for an iPhone when their service contracts expire.....
    Oh, the study also mentioned… 90% of Android and iPhone owners plan to stay loyal to their respective device operating systems when the time comes to upgrade
    03-15-10 05:54 PM
    They also only surveyed 1100 people and 95 were BB users, so its not exactly accurate data either way for any viewpoint.
    03-15-10 06:02 PM
    Looks like they missed most of us here at CB. I cannot imagine life without BB but for some the social functions of Iphony are better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 06:07 PM
    They would have to kill me to get my 9700 out of my hands.
    03-15-10 06:10 PM
    I have used the BB as well as the iPhone. I had all kinds of issues with my iPhone. I (knock on wood) have not had any issues with my BB. Personally, I can't afford what will be the iPhone replacement. Apple seems to be heading away from phones with their iPad.

It is like the editorial cartoon I saw with the following caption. "iPod, iPhone, iPad, iBroke".
    03-15-10 06:16 PM
    I would agree with the survey, and prefer to have more data in order to make an informed comment.

After talking with friends, co workers and others; most have stated they will be staying with their iphone or switching to an iphone when their contract allowed. Out of the blackberry owners all but 4 ou of approimately 15, said they will stay.
    03-15-10 06:27 PM
    I personally do not like iPhones so me dumping BlackBerry for one won't happen. However, that Nexus One looks intriguing but I much prefer phones with hard keyboards. I always say, if it had to be all touch screen, I'd go with Storm 2.

Anyway, I'm relatively new to BlackBerry and I can't see myself not having one now.
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 03-15-10 at 06:43 PM.
    03-15-10 06:41 PM
    You can manipulate numbers to give the appearance of any support that the end user wants it to appear like. If anyone's not happy with their bb device, switch to something different. I can't speak for anyone else, but the only phone I care about is mine. There are a lot of people out there who find dis-satisfaction in just about everything. It's an imperfect world. As a great songwriter once said...love the one your with.
    03-15-10 06:47 PM
    Its still a fishy survey without any collection methods presented. One city? How many cities then? How many carriers (even though they say "all")?

Still, only 1100 people out of tens of millions of smartphones is a VERY small sample size. And 93/1100 being BB users is highly disproportionate. Were there 500 iphone users, 300 Android users, 93 BB users, and a few others? What were the ratios? Why werent an equal # of people on each platform used?

There are a lot of problems extrapolating results out of this to mean anything for any side.
    03-15-10 07:11 PM
    Out of the 1100 people most of them were probably Storm 1 owners!
    03-15-10 07:15 PM
    you couldnt pay me enough to trade my Blackberry in for an Iphone... it will NEVER happen!
    03-15-10 07:23 PM
    (From BGR)
    ArsTechnica wrote up an interesting piece that examines the future plans, and loyalty, of BlackBerry owners. The article, which cites a Crowd Science survey, found that 2 out of every 5 BlackBerry users surveyed indicated having plans to switch out their BlackBerry for an iPhone when their service contracts expire.....
    Oh, the study also mentioned� 90% of Android and iPhone owners plan to stay loyal to their respective device operating systems when the time comes to upgrade
    i dont know if that 90% us correct. Must be all the high school kids that think they are cool because they have an iPhone and Android.
    03-15-10 07:48 PM
    Uhhh, now how much did RIM's sales increase this past year? they must be selling quite a few devices. Ive been using berries for over four years and I am not going to stop-love my 9700.
    03-15-10 07:48 PM
    you couldnt pay me enough to trade my Blackberry in for an Iphone... it will NEVER happen!
    I did and wish i would never have. thank god i am back
    03-15-10 07:51 PM
    I wouldn't switch for a iphone. But Rim needs to catch up fast...
    Last edited by blkbryluva; 03-15-10 at 09:51 PM.
    03-15-10 08:13 PM
    2 out of every 5 BlackBerry users surveyed indicated having plans to switch out their BlackBerry

40% of Blackberry owners are not that stupid . . . no matter how long you look!
    03-15-10 08:17 PM
    This survey was so poorly conducted every single site that posted it for purposes of showing it as valid information should feel ashamed for doing so...

Yeah I'm talking about you BGR... I kinda think they hire monkeys to post things at BGR these days... They've done crap like this numerous times over various different issues recently.

Read the number of respondents, let alone the number of respondents that actually had smartphones...
    03-15-10 08:23 PM
    I wouldn't switch for a iphone.But Rim needs to catch up fast...
    An iPhone is not worth it at all. Get the itouch if you want games. Texting is still the best on the berry.

03-15-10 08:25 PM
    Im switching this summer. Funk BB.
    03-15-10 08:30 PM
    10 out of 8 people don't believe statistics are accurate.
    03-15-10 08:31 PM
    57% of all statistics are just made up. Oops, I meant 63%...

I'd like to see how many of the alleged switchers would switch back after putting the hype aside and actually using one...
    03-15-10 08:40 PM
    The sample size isn't large enough to be relevant.

Lrn2stat

03-15-10 08:48 PM
    Im switching this summer. Funk BB.

You promise?
    03-15-10 08:54 PM
    97% of those that switch come back, 3% of those that switch quit using a cellphone, 63% of those that come back upgrade from the BB they had prior to the switch, 98% of those that come back use their BB 18.75 hours a day.
    03-15-10 09:11 PM
    This survey was so poorly conducted every single site that posted it for purposes of showing it as valid information should feel ashamed for doing so...

Yeah I'm talking about you BGR... I kinda think they hire monkeys to post things at BGR these days... They've done crap like this numerous times over various different issues recently.

Read the number of respondents, let alone the number of respondents that actually had smartphones...
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the sites that have posted that survey knew perfectly well how dodgy the data actually was, the simple fact is that its a nice controversial headline and thats what gets people to read on or comment and they want anything that boosts their traffic no matter how idiotic.
    03-15-10 09:49 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD