yet people still believe apple!! what a farce!! wheres this OPENSOURCE facetime then!! yea, exactly, steve hasnt looked at what opensource means yet lol

edit: and wheres my white iPhone4??
    Steve and Apple don't even know what OPEN means let alone open source.
    03-25-11 05:51 AM
    Looking to outside vendors? Such as acquisitions? Those are a reality of prudent vision moving forward...remember android was aquired by Google...Microsoft is the sum total of 25 years of acquisitions ....Bill Gates brain child in windows is the sum total of looking to outside vendors....are you aware of all the ant-trust issues over the past?

Are you aware that Apple collaborated with QNX to bring graphics capabilities to the platform it has now? Not to mention other functionings? Not to mention Google has as well.

Are you aware that companies such as Microsoft, HP, Google and Cisco &IBM are seeking partnerships with RIM and not the other way around? Why would that be? I feel you are obligated to answer this one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think you're an ***** and need to revisit those Anti-Trust cases.

They're seeking partnerships with RIM because RIM is deep in the corporate sector (i.e. not consumers like us) and that's where companies like Microsoft/HP/Google/CISCO/IBM make most of their money... From big businesses selling enterprise software/services and Volume License agreements.

Microsoft isn't seeking a partnetship with RIM. They just make some stuff free for BB users so that they can sell more licenses to their services, which are targetted at business users.

Use a bit of logic.
    03-25-11 07:49 AM
    I think you're an ***** and need to revisit those Anti-Trust cases.

They're seeking partnerships with RIM because RIM is deep in the corporate sector (i.e. not consumers like us) and that's where companies like Microsoft/HP/Google/CISCO/IBM make most of their money... From big businesses selling enterprise software/services and Volume License agreements.

Microsoft isn't seeking a partnetship with RIM. They just make some stuff free for BB users so that they can sell more licenses to their services, which are targetted at business users.

Use a bit of logic.
    Like I've mentioned in other posts...RIM has cornered the market in regards to QNX universal reach...they have cornered the market, and thus competition has no other choice but to offer cross platform services.

In response your very rude and ignorant coment...microsoft is the sum of it's acquisitions to date..25 years to be exact..you should revisit the matter and see the context of my post in reponse to the poster that's quote I am referring to...

A forumer was demoteing RIM since they have acquired companies...I used Microsoft as an example...nothing more...
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-25-11 at 08:45 AM.
    03-25-11 08:42 AM
    I challenge you to where they lack vision!

you tell me?
    03-25-11 11:20 AM
    yet people still believe apple!! what a farce!! wheres this OPENSOURCE facetime then!! yea, exactly, steve hasnt looked at what opensource means yet lol

edit: and wheres my white iPhone4??
    apple doesn't make silly promises on the conference call about how much they are going to earn in a year, and then get laughed at by the listeners.
    03-25-11 11:56 AM

you tell me?
    I guess the stock price is now the definitive indicator on whether a company has vision or not.
    03-25-11 01:35 PM
    I guess the stock price is now the definitive indicator on whether a company has vision or not.
    Ever heard of blockbuster or borders?
    03-25-11 02:12 PM
    Ever heard of blockbuster or borders?
    so your answer is no.

03-25-11 02:18 PM
    so your answer is no.

my answer is Yes....
    those two companies are now bankrupt my friend
    03-25-11 02:25 PM

my answer is Yes....
    those two companies are now bankrupt my friend
    As an investor I'm not worried in the least. As a consumer I'm not worried either. As an outside observer I think the company is doing well.

03-25-11 02:29 PM
    One thing that has really impressed me is the amount of large developing firms and content providers investing so heavily into the platform..by that I imply investing their interest(currently working on providing products)..as far as titans go...RIM has some of the biggest and most influencial devs for the consumer/enterprise market very thrilled and excited for the platform. The sheer scale of interest as far as content providers goes, IMHO is unrivaled on a new platform launch in recent memory!

The extent to which QNX on PB and hh's in the future will support sdk's puts RIM in a position to have no peer or rival for many years to come...the magnitude of future support is just to a point it's very difficult to comprehend...as it transcends the barriers of anything currently possible. Wow is all I can say..

Remember we have only seen the basics demoed on this platform, which already out perform anything on the market...just wait until devs actualy exploit it's potential to it's limits...

One things for sure..If I was a talented dev...I would be very excited to work on a platform where I can extend to the furthest reach of my potential..very gifted and talented people will thrive on this platform !!!!! Why else would TAT be so thrilled to be on board????

03-25-11 06:16 PM
    ^^Excited much?

03-26-11 08:46 AM
    ^^Excited much?

I am very excited....especialy when the native sdk gets in the hands of talented devs...

QNX is greater then windows....so I'm looking at the software the platform will support in a year from now...it's just awesome that we will have software potential that is more sophisticated on a tablet then on a desktop in the consumer market...that's just cool!by no means is that an exageration.....that's just what the platform supports....

Lol...what realy excites me is that v1.0 will be on par to some mid-range laptops! Lol...Imagine when we are at 2.0.....remember the QNX os software on tablet os..will at somepoint be more sophisticated then what's on a macbook pro!!! The reality is that QNX>OSX....and they are running full scale QNX on the tab!!!!!!people have no clue what's to come! No clue at all

People fail to realize...that(QNX) when on tablet os finds it's nearest peer amongst the most sophisticated desktop os's...and then still out classes and out performs!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-26-11 at 11:13 AM.
    03-26-11 11:07 AM
    The issue is will developers, other than RIM's in house developers, really get behind the platform. That will only happen when they show that the platform will sell enough units to make developers feel there is enough potential business. I mean developers can be excited by a platform's capabilities, but if they can't make money off of it they won't develop for it.
    03-26-11 11:34 AM
    The issue is will developers, other than RIM's in house developers, really get behind the platform. That will only happen when they show that the platform will sell enough units to make developers feel there is enough potential business. I mean developers can be excited by a platform's capabilities, but if they can't make money off of it they won't develop for it.
    Very true. But the fact that they'll now be able to easily port apps they've already developed for Android significantly lowers the effort required, at least for those existing Android apps. I know there are limitations that will exclude a portion of the whole Android app arsenal, but it still opens the door for a good 100,000 or so to be readily available for a QNX-based platform. Developers will still need to be at least somewhat excited even to go through that effort, but a whole lot less excited than if they had to develop those apps from scratch. That move by RIM won't completely close the app gap, but it should serve to significantly narrow it.

@missing_K-W, the technological capabilities of a platform will only go so far with the average consumer. Yes, many of us are stoked about it, but the Joe walking into your local Best Buy is going to look at his options and ask what each one can do for him now. All other things being equal, then QNX should tip the scale that way. But all other things are never equal; sometimes it comes down to whose marketing consultants picked the most appealing colors for the display case.
    03-26-11 12:02 PM
    Very true. But the fact that they'll now be able to easily port apps they've already developed for Android significantly lowers the effort required, at least for those existing Android apps. I know there are limitations that will exclude a portion of the whole Android app arsenal, but it still opens the door for a good 100,000 or so to be readily available for a QNX-based platform. Developers will still need to be at least somewhat excited even to go through that effort, but a whole lot less excited than if they had to develop those apps from scratch. That move by RIM won't completely close the app gap, but it should serve to significantly narrow it.

@missing_K-W, the technological capabilities of a platform will only go so far with the average consumer. Yes, many of us are stoked about it, but the Joe walking into your local Best Buy is going to look at his options and ask what each one can do for him now. All other things being equal, then QNX should tip the scale that way. But all other things are never equal; sometimes it comes down to whose marketing consultants picked the most appealing colors for the display case.
    In response to dev support......the PB is the only cross-platform capable os going...devs would be foolish to not bring their apps to the platform..porting api's are virtualy endless and symbolize a very easy to do process..wo wouldn't want a second income?

03-26-11 12:43 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD