But you don't have a keyboard on android, except for Priv, and I don't use microsoft at work either.
    It's the keyboard and the square formfactor that makes the passport ideal for typing papers and emails and the native secure file manager is a must. Not available on android.
    If you don't use Microsoft Office at all, you are certainly in a small minority I would think.
    03-22-16 06:48 AM
    Hope you're traveling to some nice places. Do you enjoy traveling that much or do you find it tiresome?
    I do. Not getting tired. On the contrary. I get tired and bored if I don't change the scenery...
    03-22-16 09:04 AM
    If you don't use Microsoft Office at all, you are certainly in a small minority I would think.
    Not since the year 2000, when Staroffice became available.
    03-22-16 09:06 AM
    Not since the year 2000, when Staroffice became available.
    Never heard of that one. Hey, whatever works.
    03-22-16 09:08 AM
    [WARN]Personal Attacks or Insults to Members
    Constructive discussions, debates, and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]
    03-22-16 10:11 AM
    Never heard of it either. I was assuming he had either WordStar or WordPerfect.

*ME173X
    03-22-16 10:22 AM
    I think Star Office is now defunct and has been for some time. (I could be wrong tho!)
    03-22-16 10:24 AM
    I'm not giving up on my Z30 until it dies and if it dies I might buy another one.

Meanwhile I bought yesterday an iPod touch to have the app gap filled with a device that is not a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 03-22-16 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Removed profanity
    03-22-16 10:24 AM
    I think Star Office is now defunct and has been for some time. (I could be wrong tho!)
    Ah. I remember OpenOffice. Not sure if that is still around.
    03-22-16 10:27 AM
    Ah. I remember OpenOffice. Not sure if that is still around.
    Yes, one and the same, by Oracle, originally. It still works ok but no updates and has fewer functions now than MS Office of course.
    03-22-16 10:28 AM
    Hey, look, another "I hate Android post on Crackberry". Shocker!
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-22-16 02:43 PM
    I still use my PP but bought a iPhone 6 64 gig just for my banking app, what I use frequently. In the beginning I struggle with the iOS but now I'm get familiar with it. Besides this i still find the BB 10 OS is the best and most user friendly
    03-22-16 03:00 PM
    It will probably go down in history?
    lol....Are you a historical person?
    03-22-16 10:35 PM
    Staroffice came out of Sun Microsystems (who also gave us, SunOS, Sun workstations, Java) which was later acquired by Oracle.
    Later it was called Openoffice or Libreoffice when it became open source.
    It's available in Linux, MacOs, Windows, android and even as a reader in BB10 and in the PlayBook OS.
    It is updated regularly and reads and saves files into microsoft word, powerpoint, excel format, as well, among other formats.

It has nothing to do with Wordperfect or WordStar.
    But I have used both of those on CPM and DOS in the 1980's, before Linux was created.
    Correl (Michael Copeland's Ottawa company) owned WordPerfect at some point in the 1990's. For the younger crowd here, Michael Copeland is the first Canadian entrepreneur to become a billionaire.
    Last edited by sorinv; 03-23-16 at 04:20 AM.
    brookie229 and TgeekB like this.
    03-23-16 04:04 AM
    I just bought an Oppo, good price for an OK phone. Will download the xda apks, but it will never be the same. Gonna miss BlackBerry.

Posted from my Red Z10 OS 10.3.2.2474 Telstra
    03-23-16 04:58 AM
    After almost use of 6 years, I came from android to BlackBerry paradigm. I don't want to go back. For mainly three reasons, 1. You are not going to get updates in parallel with nexus (even after 2/3 update from Google, they release new nexus and put the old one in queue) which insist you to load custom rom with loss of warranty and security or buy a new phone. 2. Advertisements. 3. Battery drain. Google play services itself is a battery eater. I have two options left - windows 10 and ios. Microsoft's own apps are really good for WOS. But after use of BB, when I will try to send a long mail from WOS, I know, I will not be satisfied. So, only option left for me to go with ios. There is no miracle is going to happened for BlackBerry. Still I love my Z30.

03-23-16 05:54 AM
    Mr Prem, are you satisfied with your Priv?
    Admittedly, I do not have a Priv yet. If all fails, I'm probably going the way of the Priv... :-D

(that's what I meant)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-23-16 09:42 PM
    Been using BlackBerry for 10 years, happy with my Leap and I have Lumia 730 as a backup phone. Bbm is my main messenger dont care if whatsapp really stop working in end of 2016. People who always complaining about FB and WA you guys just get a very cheap android not BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10 powered by Leap
    03-23-16 11:49 PM
    Same with me I'm back to my BlackBerry passport great smartphone, who cares about facebook never used from the get go same with whaaaat app totally useless...cheers

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 03-24-16 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Profanity
    03-24-16 09:03 AM
    Admittedly, I do not have a Priv yet. If all fails, I'm probably going the way of the Priv... :-D

(that's what I meant)

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Sounds good!
    03-24-16 09:54 AM
    Hey, look, another "I hate Android post on Crackberry". Shocker!
    You bet!! Can't cover the sky with one hand

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 10:29 AM
121 ... 345