It might make you laugh because your reasons for like /dislike are/were different. But just because you don't understand doesn't make them any less real to someone else.
    Some one Who is completely frustrated by using said devices and find BlackBerry or what ever devise suits there needs better.

Just for arguments sake. Import an album onto your computer. Now move it into iTunes. Now you have 2 copies of the same file on your computer. Ok now take a media file. And transfer it to a USB thumb drive say it's a mkv file. And watch it on what ever ps4 ,xbox1. What ever. Now put that same thumb drive in an apple computer and watch it. Now take it out and put it back in media player. It won't work now. Thanks apple. Now last test Uninstaller iTunes. And I mean Uninstaller it. Get rid of everything. Good luck with that. I have had mall ware that is easier to get rid of.

By my fab z30
    You're doing it wrong.

Move the files to the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder. Imported and only 1 copy in your drive.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-17-16 01:38 AM
    What I don't understand is someone saying they "hate" Apple and Android. Sorry, I find it amusing for anyone to feel so strongly about a phone. I've used BlackBerry for about 10 years. and still use my Z10 once in a while. I can't speak about Apple phones because I've never used one. The only Android phones I've ever used are Samsung. I am happy with my Note 4. If a different phone suits your needs better, by all means go for it. However, as I said, they're still just phones and not the keys to the secrets of the universe. So, yes, I do think it's silly to use terms like "hate" about a piece of technology that will soon be out of date. Sorry that you can't understand that.

"It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    Often, When ppl say they "hate' Apple or Android, they aren't talking about the technology but the company behind it.

'I hate android' == I don't trust Google with my data.
    'I hate Apple' == don't like walled garden and 'all our users are idiots' attitude of the company or its tendency to snub standards and 'throw its weight around'.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto and jas1978 like this.
    03-17-16 02:06 AM
    Thanks for your response
    1. Apps I have less apps on my Classic then my 9810, we are NOT all app junkies.
    2. Innovation. Was lost at Blackberry years ago. Using a NON BBOS commerical version is NOT Innovation. They are now just like the iPhone boys "Look we all have the same phone, wow I can operate yours"
    3. Listening to their customers. Then the Priv would have BB10 OS as a choice. Because I have used BBOS for many years means I want Android? Never did then WHY now.

If Blackberry were a software company you would think they could put their own software on their own hardware?
    1. I agree not everyone needs an app ecosystem, but the majority do.
    2. Innovation I also agree with. They invented the smart phone and then sat back and watched others surpass them.
    3. Customers left for Android so that's a tough one.
    We will have to see where the future takes them. They don't need their own hardware to be a successful software company.
    03-17-16 08:06 AM
    Often, When ppl say they "hate' Apple or Android, they aren't talking about the technology but the company behind it.

'I hate android' == I don't trust Google with my data.
    'I hate Apple' == don't like walled garden and 'all our users are idiots' attitude of the company or its tendency to snub standards and 'throw its weight around'.
    Android - You're right, I don't trust Google. I also don't like the product, nor do I want to follow the herd who thinks Android is the best thing since sliced bread. We're half way through the alphabet with Android releases and it's still severely lacking in many areas of usability.

Apple - I trust Apple with my data more than Google, but I find the products and most of their users overly pretentious. The walled garden and limitations to functionality combined with many of the same UI flaws found in Android further frustrate usability.
    acovey and Ursus Rufus like this.
    03-17-16 12:02 PM
    Android - You're right, I don't trust Google. I also don't like the product, nor do I want to follow the herd who thinks Android is the best thing since sliced bread. We're half way through the alphabet with Android releases and it's still severely lacking in many areas of usability.

Apple - I trust Apple with my data more than Google, but I find the products and most of their users overly pretentious. The walled garden and limitations to functionality combined with many of the same UI flaws found in Android further frustrate usability.
    The funniest thing about Apple users is that many of them believe the phone to be a status symbol, as though every other flagship smartphone isn't nearly identical in cost nowadays.
    03-21-16 08:00 AM

See I feel the opposite. I find Blackberry users to be the most pretentious group of any of the platforms. "We are communicators and productive and value individuality and no nonsense and blah blah blah," when there isn't a shred of fact behind any of those nonsense statements.
    03-21-16 08:11 AM
    See I feel the opposite. I find Blackberry users to be the most pretentious group of any of the platforms. "We are communicators and productive and value individuality and no nonsense and blah blah blah," when there isn't a shred of fact behind any of those nonsense statements.
    I think there's plenty of validity to it. The PKB is far more accurate and faster for most, the phones are certainly unique and have compelling looks/builds, and the Hub is still the fastest way to breeze through notifications from several accounts and apps.

Apple users delude themselves into believing Android hasn't caught up in just about every facet and in many aspects surpassed the features of iPhones. They think their phones are unaffordable for all but the elite, when in reality they're the most common in the US by a longshot. Look no farther than how many cases have cutouts for the Apple logo. Nobody cares about someone else owning an Apple anymore. Everyone has one and they're so locked down my grandpa can use one. He's dead.
    03-21-16 10:26 AM
    The funniest thing about Apple users is that many of them believe the phone to be a status symbol, as though every other flagship smartphone isn't nearly identical in cost nowadays.
    I think that's a cop out from non-apple users. No proof of that at all.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    03-21-16 11:07 AM
    I think there's plenty of validity to it. The PKB is far more accurate and faster for most, the phones are certainly unique and have compelling looks/builds, and the Hub is still the fastest way to breeze through notifications from several accounts and apps.

Apple users delude themselves into believing Android hasn't caught up in just about every facet and in many aspects surpassed the features of iPhones. They think their phones are unaffordable for all but the elite, when in reality they're the most common in the US by a longshot. Look no farther than how many cases have cutouts for the Apple logo. Nobody cares about someone else owning an Apple anymore. Everyone has one and they're so locked down my grandpa can use one. He's dead.
    Lots of babble, but no merit. Sorry.
    Jerry A and DINGSTER1 like this.
    03-21-16 11:09 AM
    Lots of babble, but no merit. Sorry.
    Speaking of pretentious..
    gallopiton likes this.
    03-21-16 11:25 AM
    why doesnt/didnt BlackBerry focus on this key feature of OS10? app-free ecosystem! I want as few apps as possible, and I certainly dont want ad-driven spyware android crap on my phone...let alone being forced to pay for it! BB10: no apps required! everything just works.

Posted via CBX
    03-21-16 11:38 AM
    why doesnt/didnt BlackBerry focus on this key feature of OS10? app-free ecosystem! I want as few apps as possible, and I certainly dont want ad-driven spyware android crap on my phone...let alone being forced to pay for it! BB10: no apps required! everything just works.

Posted via CBX
    Lol please. Not having apps is what killed BB10. Don't get it confused with the marketing story everyone likes pushing.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 11:48 AM
    Lol please. Not having apps is what killed BB10. Don't get it confused with the marketing story everyone likes pushing.

Posted via CB10
    You will never convince me that is why BB10 has failed. Ask the average consumer what they know about BB10. People arent even aware that there is an app deficiency no less the fact that the devices even exist. Apps may have caused some of the migration away from Blackberry but even to that point I believe the stagnant phone design and failure to supply the device the primary consumer wants is the leading cause of the loss of users.
    03-21-16 01:46 PM
    Have android have BlackBerry. I installed all the apps I wanted on android and hardly used them (seems to be the case with all my family members and their icrap) so I switched to BlackBerry and found myself looking for a restaurant and then I remembered how easy it was to find all the restaurants closest to my location with android. When using android I hate ads to full capacity. Ads and I don't get along. On android I miss the hub, calculator and the no fuss no ads necessary applications including the simple led notification light (which I saw in some sony devices). So... I find myself switching phones. Android gives me great pricing on the devices even if its with chinese chips (they have come long ways anyways). Considered the Priv but found the keyboard a bit useless on such a big device...so in all honesty cant take away the merit android deserves. Cant take away the awesomeness of bb10 amidst their decline and possible exit. Smartphones have hit a moment of no innovation anyways which means more phone switching till something covers all the gaps.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:11 PM
    so I switched to BlackBerry and found myself looking for a restaurant and then I remembered how easy it was to find all the restaurants closest to my location with android
    Try WhereIs ? in BBW, it works fairly well for me. I agree, though, that android has many more apps to choose from in this regard (and maybe better).
    03-21-16 02:19 PM
    Have android have BlackBerry. I installed all the apps I wanted on android and hardly used them (seems to be the case with all my family members and their icrap) so I switched to BlackBerry and found myself looking for a restaurant and then I remembered how easy it was to find all the restaurants closest to my location with android. When using android I hate ads to full capacity. Ads and I don't get along. On android I miss the hub, calculator and the no fuss no ads necessary applications including the simple led notification light (which I saw in some sony devices). So... I find myself switching phones. Android gives me great pricing on the devices even if its with chinese chips (they have come long ways anyways). Considered the Priv but found the keyboard a bit useless on such a big device...so in all honesty cant take away the merit android deserves. Cant take away the awesomeness of bb10 amidst their decline and possible exit. Smartphones have hit a moment of no innovation anyways which means more phone switching till something covers all the gaps.

Posted via CB10
    I am in the city (SF) and here is how easy it is to find ANYTHING in your proximity. 1 go to Google in browser and simply search for what you want OR open FourSquare or Whereis and search. It's no different than on Android or iOS.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    03-21-16 04:22 PM

If the physical keyboard was more accurate and faster for most then it wouldn't be dying on the vine like it is. People don't want them because they type better on a vkb, whether or not BB users want to believe that or not.

Wait which is it. iPhone users think they are elite or no one cares about someone else owning an Apple product any more. If everyone has one then does everyone think they are elite??? Your comments fascinate me because they go in whatever direction you think is going to make your statements sound better even if they make no sense.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-21-16 at 05:00 PM.
    TgeekB and Jerry A like this.
    03-21-16 04:29 PM
    I am in the city (SF) and here is how easy it is to find ANYTHING in your proximity. 1 go to Google in browser and simply search for what you want OR open FourSquare or Whereis and search. It's no different than on Android or iOS.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    I understand. I think I knew that way. The gps that comes as part of my Android phone, gives you all of the places around you with ratings and all. Not only restaurants but any other business as well. Not trying to bash BlackBerry since i am a BlackBerry guy but its the truth. Thanks for the tip though.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 04:32 PM
    Speaking of pretentious..
    Do you know what the word means? Read your post and you'll have a better idea.
    03-21-16 04:57 PM
    I understand. I think I knew that way. The gps that comes as part of my Android phone, gives you all of the places around you with ratings and all. Not only restaurants but any other business as well. Not trying to bash BlackBerry since i am a BlackBerry guy but its the truth. Thanks for the tip though.

Posted via CB10
    I think this explains it well. There are many ways to get directions but Googles platform does so much more. Either can work depending on your needs though.
    03-21-16 05:01 PM
    Do you know what the word means? Read your post and you'll have a better idea.
    You are the perfect representative for Apple. I also love that your response to being called pretentious is to be condescending.
    03-21-16 05:12 PM
    You are the perfect representative for Apple. I also love that your response to being called pretentious is to be condescending.
    I don't use an Apple products. Keep deflecting.
    03-21-16 05:13 PM
    I don't use an Apple products. Keep deflecting.
    Can't confirm. Babble.
    03-21-16 05:38 PM
    You will never convince me that is why BB10 has failed. Ask the average consumer what they know about BB10. People arent even aware that there is an app deficiency no less the fact that the devices even exist. Apps may have caused some of the migration away from Blackberry but even to that point I believe the stagnant phone design and failure to supply the device the primary consumer wants is the leading cause of the loss of users.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying marketing didn't play a part in it. I'm also not saying dated hardware didn't play a part in it. I'm simply commenting on the reality of what the "average consumer" is looking for, and again it's apps and compatibility.

Consider this:
    BlackBerry happens to have been marketing their BB10 devices. Joe is interested in x device because he saw an advertisement. Joe being someone who is heavily invested in an iOS/Android ecosystem begins to ask questions at his local carrier store. Can I use my smart watch? In most cases no. Are all of my social media apps there? Snapchat, Instagram etc? For the most part no. Okay what about the simple things, Google Maps?Docs?Drive? Nope, no Google services. Okay fine, how about Microsoft Office, can I sync that? Nope. Can I at least get the browser I want that's synced with my Gmail with all my settings? Nope. What about games, can I get what I have here? Can I get candy crush, temple run, whatever else? Nope. What about media, can I at least stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu? Nope. Well what can I do then? Well, you have the hub that manages all of your messages. There is an intuitive gesture system that allows for fluid movement through the OS. Plus you can get some of the apps you want through backdoor side loading of apps. There's no guarantee all of them will work. It's just $699 and all this can be yours. Joe proceeds to walk out of his carrier store, wondering why someone using an existing android or iOS device would even bother. Joe doesn't have time to do work arounds for things that should be available out of the box on modern smartphones.

TL/DR: Joe didn't buy the BB10 device.

There's only so much marketing can do for a product. The deficiencies will be apparent right there with the positive aspects. Ask Microsoft who have been trying to push Windows phones for ages.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 05:44 PM
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying marketing didn't play a part in it. I'm also not saying dated hardware didn't play a part in it. I'm simply commenting on the reality of what the "average consumer" is looking for, and again it's apps and compatibility.

Consider this:
    BlackBerry happens to have been marketing their BB10 devices. Joe is interested in x device because he saw an advertisement. Joe being someone who is heavily invested in an iOS/Android ecosystem begins to ask questions at his local carrier store. Can I use my smart watch? In most cases no. Are all of my social media apps there? Snapchat, Instagram etc? For the most part no. Okay what about the simple things, Google Maps?Docs?Drive? Nope, no Google services. Okay fine, how about Microsoft Office, can I sync that? Nope. Can I at least get the browser I want that's synced with my Gmail with all my settings? Nope. What about games, can I get what I have here? Can I get candy crush, temple run, whatever else? Nope. What about media, can I at least stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu? Nope. Well what can I do then? Well, you have the hub that manages all of your messages. There is an intuitive gesture system that allows for fluid movement through the OS. Plus you can get some of the apps you want through backdoor side loading of apps. There's no guarantee all of them will work. It's just $699 and all this can be yours. Joe proceeds to walk out of his carrier store, wondering why someone using an existing android or iOS device would even bother. Joe doesn't have time to do work arounds for things that should be available out of the box on modern smartphones.

TL/DR: Joe didn't buy the BB10 device.

There's only so much marketing can do for a product. The deficiencies will be apparent right there with the positive aspects. Ask Microsoft who have been trying to push Windows phones for ages.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It was a number of things but all the marketing in the world wouldn't have saved them.
    03-21-16 05:46 PM
121 12345