I have been a BlackBerry user for almost 1.5 years and switched to Android in October 2015. The handset I had was Nexus 5 which is one of the best devices in Android world. I was happy with the app ecosystem but somehow, I was missing something.

Then this weekend, I started using my old BlackBerry Z30 once again. Believe me guys, I'm so happy to switch back to BlackBerry that I just can't put in words. The hub and the keyboard are just too good.

But it feels really sad to see such a great OS getting vanished slowly because of some silly reasons. I just wish that this didn't happen and the OS and the devices had a wider and longer existence.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2876
    03-02-16 11:57 AM
    Well, you'll be back to android soon. Looks like BlackBerry is discontinuing the phone business. I don't know what to do either...guess go back to android..

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday likes this.
    03-02-16 12:17 PM
    Well, you'll be back to android soon. Looks like BlackBerry is discontinuing the phone business. I don't know what to do either...guess go back to android..

Posted via CB10
    Lets wait and see until the numbers call in April before jumping to conclusions about them getting out of the device market, I am hoping they release the Vienna about then, but with Blackberry you never know what to expect.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-02-16 02:04 PM
    I to do not know which way to turn. I hate apple and Android. I don't care for the tile layout of Windows. I love my z30. Hub. If only more people had tried it

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 02:38 PM
    You can always Berrify your Nex5. The BB Android keyboard works great.
    03-02-16 03:08 PM
    Priv... when and if all fails? =:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-02-16 03:18 PM
    You made it 4 months? Congratulations. I can barely last 4 hours with Android.
    03-03-16 12:13 AM
    You made it 4 months? Congratulations. I can barely last 4 hours with Android.
    Good one

03-03-16 01:13 AM
    I was forced to buy an android device and add it to my Z30 for the notorious app gap. After five months I came to the conclusion that Android phones are only Good for fb, messenger and the like. To help my daughter, 8 years old, I tried to download a simple compass from Google app store (she needed it to learn orienting, as she was told in her third grade at school). The day after, I am still waiting for the compass to be downloaded... When I went into an android chat to learn What to di, I went over the comments, there was a chap asking the same thing it happened to me. Another bloke, who posed as an expert, answered suchlike: so it happened and get stick to it... another reason that urged me to keep my Z30 and continue to use it, WhatsApp working or not...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:28 AM
    Have owned one Android or another for years. And iPhone. Prefer my z30. Consider it "where I return"..

Not really into the whole WhatsApp / Facebook / Instasham /games / latest apps frenzy.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-03-16 05:13 AM
    I need WhatsApp, will have to go Android, no choice whatsoever!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 06:17 AM
    I need WhatsApp, will have to go Android, no choice whatsoever!

Posted via CB10
    You can always use the android version on BB10. They might eventually truly require GPS or end support for older android versions but likely not very soon.
    jgag337 likes this.
    03-03-16 06:55 AM
    I have been a BlackBerry user for almost 1.5 years and switched to Android in October 2015. The handset I had was Nexus 5 which is one of the best devices in Android world. I was happy with the app ecosystem but somehow, I was missing something.

Then this weekend, I started using my old BlackBerry Z30 once again. Believe me guys, I'm so happy to switch back to BlackBerry that I just can't put in words. The hub and the keyboard are just too good.

But it feels really sad to see such a great OS getting vanished slowly because of some silly reasons. I just wish that this didn't happen and the OS and the devices had a wider and longer existence.

The Z30 is a ridiculously good phone...it will probably go down in history as the best phone I ever owned. Unfortunately with the abandonment of BB10 by Chen I don't know that it is a good long term choice. There are about a half dozen apps I have to have for work and it is only a matter of time before they no longer work on the runtime.

I have considered a two device solution where I would carry an iPod fifth generation for work apps and a BB10 device for email and messaging but with the abandonment of whatsapp even that is going to be difficult.

Right now I am carrying an iPhone for work and probably will be stuck with it despite its shortcomings.
    03-03-16 12:09 PM
    Priv... when and if all fails? =:-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Mr Prem, are you satisfied with your Priv?
    03-04-16 05:48 AM
    Mr Chen did a lot for BlackBerry just as it was about to be sold off, if BlackBerry dies tomorrow I will be grateful for the last BlackBerry phones that they manage to push out, will buy a few passports and privs

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    asublimeday likes this.
    03-04-16 05:53 AM
    I to do not know which way to turn. I hate apple and Android. I don't care for the tile layout of Windows. I love my z30. Hub. If only more people had tried it

Posted via CB10
    I would have stuck with it if they had created an ALL-TOUCH flagship device....sadly bye bye BB
    03-04-16 08:10 AM
    Teach, they do. It's called a Z30, or it was when it first came out. Even today it does all that I need it to. I don't use it for business so I can't comment on that aspect but for personal use, it's still a great (camera negated) phone.

Glad you enjoy your Andriod device.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    03-04-16 09:16 AM
    I would have stuck with it if they had created an ALL-TOUCH flagship device....sadly bye bye BB
    What did you switch to jaydee?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-04-16 09:39 AM
    Z30 is great but the screen is crap.

You can't see anything on it in daylight and it won't go dim enough in the dark. They really screwed that one up.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 11:52 AM
    That oled for you
    03-04-16 02:39 PM
    Z30 screen tech was a year old when it debuted, more like an S2. Of course it doesn't hold a candle now.
    03-04-16 07:21 PM
    I enjoy my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 very much and I was a BlackBerry user for years. I know some here say they hate Android, or hate Apple. That sentiment always makes me laugh. After all, they're just ******* phones, not the keys to the universe. LOL!

"It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-04-16 08:17 PM
    OP, you don't think near 0% market share and missing tons of modern features are good enough reasons to end BB10?

03-05-16 01:07 AM
    Tons of modern features?
    03-05-16 02:29 AM
    OP, you don't think near 0% market share and missing tons of modern features are good enough reasons to end BB10?

Are you talking about the useless, unnecessary Android features?

No, not a good reason to end BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-05-16 04:07 AM
121 123 ...