Okay , so some of you know the memeory problems I have been having with 3 - count them THREE - 8830 WE. so I called today to see about them sending me a curve and they told that they wanted me to upgrade to 4.7 I told them the the rep I had talked to a week ago said that 4.7 wasn't going to be out for a while and she said that "ma'am I wouldnt tell u to download it if it wasn't out"

So has anyone else herd that it os out? Or are they ling to me to get me off their backs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:05 PM
    Sorry I am not near a computer to seriously check it out or I would.

01-03-09 06:05 PM
    Maybe she's referring to desktop manager 4.7 although I don't know how that's gonna help you.

01-03-09 06:24 PM
    Nope she said software update

01-03-09 06:25 PM
    4.7 is for touchscreens only right now.

01-03-09 06:49 PM
    The rep was completely wrong. 4.7 is ONLY the storm right now, and there is not a Sprint version, and DM 4.7 is the only 4.7 anything for BB available to Sprint customers.
    01-03-09 06:50 PM
    That's what I was figuring they want me off their backs so they r lying to me

01-03-09 06:52 PM
    There is a version of 4.7 for the N, but it's not backwards compatiable. You either mis-understood her, or she was referring to DM 4.7.
    01-03-09 06:55 PM
    I didn't misunderstand her she was refering to the os 4.7 I made sure becuase I was told last week that while it was done, there was no offical release day for it and it would be a while before it was out

01-03-09 06:58 PM
    I didn't misunderstand her she was refering to the os 4.7 I made sure becuase I was told last week that while it was done, there was no offical release day for it and it would be a while before it was out

Some reps are just stupid

Also, what part of TX are you from? Dallas right here! :-)

01-03-09 07:01 PM
    North dal on plano

What it is is they don't the the third bb they sent me (a brand new one) is having the same problms as the others they want to upgrade my os so they don't have to switch the device like I have been asking them to.

01-03-09 07:04 PM
    verizon doesnt even have it on their website.
    01-03-09 07:41 PM
    What issues are you exactly having? You mentioned memory issues, what exactly was happening. All BBs with media players have a memory leak, and ALL BBs when very low on memory remove old messages, call logs, etc. Were you having these issues?
    01-03-09 07:52 PM
    So I called back and when I I told the csr and the tech... They both totally ignored that part of it. That with the fact that the website. Doesn't have anything says that the rep straight up LIED to me.

I hate verizon

01-04-09 01:02 AM
    So I called back and when I I told the csr and the tech... They both totally ignored that part of it. That with the fact that the website. Doesn't have anything says that the rep straight up LIED to me.

I hate verizon

That freakin sucks BIG time. That first rep prolly just wanted you off the phone asap. What a loser ugh!

01-04-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD