I recently upgrade to the new 4.5 OS and it deleted my BB Messenger. I went to re-download the application and it gave me this message:
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1

Any sugguestions?
    12-20-08 01:20 PM
    Just connect to desktop manager and clicke on app loader and check the box for BBM and click throught to finish.
    12-20-08 01:28 PM
    Tried that there was no BBM to check. thanks though
    12-20-08 01:54 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There have not been any reports of BlackBerry Messenger being removed from the device OS package.

First place to check, Options / Advanced / Applications. BlackBerry Messenger should be in the list.

Second, Application Loader as Garz suggested. BlackBerry Messenger should be between BlackBerry MDS Runtime and BlackBerry S/MIME support. If it is not there, something strange is going on.

Final check, use Windows Computer. Open the drive C:\ icon and navigate too:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\device package\java.

Verify the two files, net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod and net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource.cod are present.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-20-08 at 03:06 PM.
    12-20-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD