When i tried to install AT&t's 4.5, it bricked my phone because it was unable to connect during a multi stage load operation. i tried everything, but the only way to fix my phone was to install 4.3 again. it seems when i install 4.3, i dont get the error but when i install 4.5 i do.

now i dont wanna install 4.5 cuz i know its gonna brick my phone again but i really want it.

anyone know how i can solve this?
    12-27-08 10:12 PM
    Your best bet is have AT&T due it for you at one of there stores, the reson is if your phone (bricks) when they do it, it might help them understand that there could be a problem with your phone and if you ever need to replace your phone, they would at least have this documented
    12-27-08 10:29 PM
    Your best bet is have AT&T due it for you at one of there stores, the reson is if your phone (bricks) when they do it, it might help them understand that there could be a problem with your phone and if you ever need to replace your phone, they would at least have this documented
    I don't think stores will do it for you. They are not gonna risk doing something to your phone.
    12-27-08 10:32 PM
    If they are with ATT and go to an ATT store they should beable to do it as they are a paying customer of ATT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:36 PM
    Most won't because it is not required for the phone to work. Verizon will not do it for you.
    12-27-08 10:49 PM
    I say give it a try the worst they could do is tell you they can't do it and point you in the right direction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 10:57 PM
    Unable to reconnect during a multi stage operation....

That is normaly traced to the computers USB ports. BlackBerry has published a paper on trouble shooting USB issues.

View Document

If these steps do not resolve the problem, try it on a different computer.
    12-28-08 10:33 AM
    damn the thing is i dont why it wouldnt work on my computer its pretty high end, more powerful than other computers i have access too
    12-30-08 11:14 PM
    Universal Serial Bus (USB) is implemented by different manufactures using chips. The problem is, not all USB chips are created equal.

I suggest that because I have seen it work for other members. After hours of frustration, it works the first time on a different computer. Toshiba lap tops are one of the "iffie" brands.
    12-31-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD