Hey this is for rumours right ?

Well I heard one talking to some AT&T Data guys that had recently attended a RIM conference today.

A Berry capable of running Flash 10.3, 4.3 touch screen landing October/November.

Alas the people I was talking to are near enough all dedicated iPhone folks so when pressed about QNX OS I got blank looks but that is about all RIM have that is capable of running Flash.
    05-05-11 05:19 PM
    it'd be difficult to imagine considering even the bold touch had flash left off of it; having an all-touch interface will leave even less resources for running flash. of course, that's assuming the rumored device specs remain the same
    05-05-11 05:56 PM
    currently the biggest screen RIM is rumoured to be working on is 3.7 inches. I do not think a 4.3 inch touchscreen is something that RIM considers important to a blackberry.

Since the seem to be iPhone nuts it's possible that they simply have their facts mixed up.

Sadly that happens a lot these days where someone focuses on a single smartphone brand so much, that they know little about anything else and actually believe and spread very inaccurate statements.
    05-05-11 06:12 PM
    These AT&T data guys know no more than a rep and they are all clueless.
    05-06-11 06:10 AM
    They probably will be able to get a phone out but I doubt it will be October.
    05-06-11 10:59 AM
    4.3 inch screen on a bb no shottt lol. would be nice though but htcs only have them pretty much
    05-06-11 11:02 AM
    They must have been talking about a Samsung phone!

I am looking at the new Samsung Infuse or S2 just out of curiosity!

Do these things sync with Outlook to move my contacts?
    05-06-11 11:33 AM
    Not sure but I tend to use Gmail so sync my contacts that way.

They were pretty adamant but as said as far as I am concerned a rumour until proven otherwise.

I have recently spent time playing with an Atrix and have to say that a Berry with that hardware would be awesome.

May just have to go back to it again as they have released another update to see what they have done.
    05-06-11 04:28 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me if we do get a 4.3" model with the qnx phones, it would seem like it would be an easier option when reducing the os down from the 7" model, but here's hoping by the time it comes out there is a decent increase in the resolution of those size screens.
    05-07-11 06:33 AM
    This pretty much follows the RIM model of releasing devices, waiting 2+ years of something to be around until they attempt to match it.
    05-07-11 02:08 PM
    This pretty much follows the RIM model of releasing devices, waiting 2+ years of something to be around until they attempt to match it.
    Current 4.3" models don't really offer much if anything over the 3.7" models, you get a slightly bigger screen at the expense of a bulkier phone and usually a lower pixel density.

If 4.3" screens enabled a jump in resolution then their benefits would clearly outweigh their downsides and it looks like that will be the case by early next year with screens coming from the likes of hitachi that match up to the pixel density of the iphone 4 except in a larger size and if that was the kind of thing that encouraged rim to make the change to a larger screensize then good for them, making the move when it made sense on a technical basis and not for the more pointless reason that others had a low pixel density 4.3" device out.
    05-08-11 05:12 AM
    4.3 inch screen is the nightmare of the battery....
    05-09-11 07:25 PM
    Check out N4BB.

Seems as though I may have been right, makes a change lol
    06-28-11 12:34 PM
    Was just going to post the rumor from n4 bb but looks like Andy took care of that.

This would be smart on RIM's part. Get something out that shows what they can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 12:48 PM
    N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

That's the link on case you need it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    06-28-11 12:49 PM
    Must confess to having been playing with Androids over the last 3 months or so and am starting to appreciate the form factor. Still can't quite get used to the touch type thing but they are a lot of fun.

Saying that I am using a 9100 at the moment. Just keep being drawn back to the reliability of Berry's email delivery.
    06-28-11 01:07 PM
    if the first QNX Superphone is a full touchscreen, I think it will be a huge disappointment. The majority of BB lovers want the physical keyboard.
    06-28-11 01:11 PM
    So now RIM is copying Apple by making a keyboard less device and everybody is happy.
    Where are the RIM followers,whom will never buy a keyboard less phone, touchscreen are jokes, 4.3inch is just too big for me, battery life is my top priority(4.3inch device battery will be bad in comparison to 2.4inch device),etc.

I think both the set of supporters are alike that the reason Apple and Blackberry users hate each other( Opposite attract and Similar repel).
    Both group of supporters will buy anything till it has a RIM or Apple logo behind it.
    oldbbuser likes this.
    06-28-11 01:40 PM
    see above post homie......I really hope BB doesnt go this route. I cant stand my 4.3" droid full touchscreen. No way I go back to BB if this is the case.
    06-28-11 01:42 PM
    4.3 inch BB means 4.6
    If it is QNX it needs the Bezel. .
    06-28-11 01:49 PM
    In order to compete in the consumer market, RIM needs a very good touch screen device because that is what the consumers want. Now couple that with BIS, which is cheap, and you have a winner.

They will need to jack up their app ecosystem too. I, too, don't like touch screen phones but it is a smart move from RIM and brings them closer to the one OS for all devices structure of their competitors. Having a keyboard device running QNX would mean developing a different OS for those devices which is partly the reason why they are up ****e creek.
    06-28-11 01:50 PM
    4.3" touchscreen with a single core when there's 4.X screens available with dual core! what's QNX going to bring that isn't available on the Android and iPhone etc?
    06-28-11 01:55 PM
    4.3" touchscreen with a single core when there's 4.X screens available with dual core! what's QNX going to bring that isn't available on the Android and iPhone etc?
    It will bring a RIM logo.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    06-28-11 02:07 PM
    I personally think that 4.3" devices are ridiculously large, especially when you see someone holding them up to there head, and would not want a phone that big. I know that there are plenty of them out there in Android land, but I personally think that 4" should be the upper limit. Monaco/Monza's 3.8" size looks nice in pics but I will want to see in person.
    06-28-11 02:58 PM
    In a interview by someone at RIM it was stated the first QNX would most likely be touchscreen.
    06-28-11 03:07 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD