I want to convert 3GP to another format that will retain the same quality and file size, or reduce the file size. Does anyone recommend what file FORMAT?

I have the converter installed, and plan to place some videos online and others just want to be playable on a majority of devices such as pc, ps3, etc....

Thanks guys!
    08-26-10 07:18 AM
    I have an mp4 converter if you are interested PM me if u want it.. But ill have to send it later as I'm at work right now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 07:26 AM
    I have the converter, but thanks. So mp4 is the best option?

08-26-10 07:29 AM
    You could convert it to AVI as most things will not play AVI without any codecs needed.
    08-26-10 07:40 AM
    Going to reopen this thread. I won a copy of BB Video Factory courtesy of BBTweaks and i am starting to convert my videos taken on my Tour. After doing some research, the top 2 contenders for a format other than 3GP, seem to be MPEG2 and MPEG4. The BB Video Factory allows for MPEG and MPEG4.

Out of those 2, which would be best for me to convert to in order to get optimal video/audio quality and decent file size?

These videos will remain on my PC and some placed onto the web.

Thanks CB users!
    08-02-11 07:35 AM
    I'm a big fan of mpeg4 myself. I believe it produces better file sizes, and it is certinaly more of a portable and playable format amongst modern video capable hardware. Just two cents in the well.

08-02-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD