I'm new to the blackberry scene and just discovered that I can download large files ota if I use the opera mini browser. I like the ability to download right onto my phone. I love videos4blackberry but are there any other sites that are similar to this? I don't mind paying a membership fee if I can access it from my phone and download it directly. I've found a few sites that let you download in like mp4 but they are zipped which doesn't help me. Any information would be great, thanks.
    01-02-09 09:53 PM
    You can download the zipped files to your PC, then plug your BlackBerry to your PC and drag and drop the files onto your BlackBerry. If you would like to download the zipped files to your BlackBerry, you can purchase the Ziplorer app. It's a zip app for your BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:36 AM
    Ziplorer looks like it might be a good option for some sights. I'll have to investigate and see if it's compatible with the storm.
    01-05-09 03:13 PM
    Here's what I do... Using a computer, I find the video (music, cartoon, show, etc...) on a media website (YouTube usually works best, more variety) then I take the video url and put it into KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!. Keepvid converts the YouTube video into a MP4 format. I download that file to my computer. To make the video even shaper, I run the video through iTunes (feel free to place "ugh" here) and convert it to play in iPod. It's a lot of steps (I'm sure there's an easier way) but the video quality is top notch. I even did it to some 3gp files I downloaded from Videos4Blackberry. Finally, I move the newly converted media file from my computer to my BB. Haven't really done any OTA file downloads, but I don't mind taking the time for some quality videos.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 01-05-09 at 03:43 PM. Reason: -needed another ingredient...
    01-05-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD