I am in fort collins colorado and am wondering what every one elses 3G speeds are coming in at. Use this site ( www.testmyiphone.com ) so the results don't change due to the website. It also tests non I phones.
    post CARRIER-PHONE-LOCATION please

These are my resoults: 9.38Mbps (test took 6.9sec)
    (9375 kbps / 1144 kb/s)

Test size 7936 kb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bluesaber808; 11-04-08 at 09:54 AM.
    11-04-08 09:06 AM
    and i turned my wifi off just to make sure...
    11-04-08 09:45 AM
    [QUOTE=boxsetz;915966]and i turned my wifi off just to make sure...

What phone do you have and what area are you in and what carrier?

11-04-08 09:51 AM
    I got a little over 10 Mb/s. Good old Verizon 3g.

11-04-08 09:58 AM
    [QUOTE=bluesaber808;915981]
    and i turned my wifi off just to make sure...

What phone do you have and what area are you in and what carrier?

i'm on AT&T with the Blackberry 9000 (Bold -Rogers branded)
    i'm located in Tulsa, oklahoma
    11-04-08 09:59 AM
    LMAO can anybody here seriously tell me with a straight face that 3g is really worth it?..if i need to do anything other than do a quick check of a website online i use my laptop...if im in a hotspot i use wifi and if i'm out in the boonies somewhere i use edge....the less than a second longer that edge takes over 3g doesnt impress me ...if i was using a wireless card on a laptop maybe i would care...3g for a cellphone that also has wifi...naaa

edit: please dont tell me i'm jealous because i'm on TMO with an unlocked Bold....i had the option of getting service through ATT with 3g...pass...the extra $20 to go with ATT for 3g doesnt compute for me
    Last edited by giantfan30; 11-04-08 at 10:17 AM.
    11-04-08 10:12 AM
    3G is way faster than edge... if your not in a wifi area 3g is better and faster than using EDGE. But its just some peoples preference
    11-04-08 10:19 AM
    LMAO can anybody here seriously tell me with a straight face that 3g is really worth it?..if i need to do anything other than do a quick check of a website online i use my laptop...if im in a hotspot i use wifi and if i'm out in the boonies somewhere i use edge....the less than a second longer that edge takes over 3g doesnt impress me ...if i was using a wireless card on a laptop maybe i would care...3g for a cellphone that also has wifi...naaa

edit: please dont tell me i'm jealous because i'm on TMO with an unlocked Bold....i had the option of getting service through ATT with 3g...pass...the extra $20 to go with ATT for 3g doesnt compute for me
    Giants fan, I don't have a lap top, see my signature? and getting cracked out is fun

11-04-08 10:20 AM
    Giants fan, I don't have a lap top, see my signature? and getting cracked out is fun

cmon now dont get me wrong...i luv getting cracked out too......i just like telling it like it is.....
    love the bold...only beef i have with it is the cheap feeling creaky battery cover
    give your bold a little squeeze with your fingers on the cover and tell me that sound doesnt annoy you
    11-04-08 10:25 AM
    Man phones are made of plastic. If u don't like creaky noises plastic isn't for ya. Most flip phones creak when u open them. But to each their own.

11-04-08 10:50 AM
    what website are u guys using to check this i have a vzw curve and im curious of my speed
    11-04-08 11:43 AM
    I don't know how accurate that test is, as I just got 10.75 mbps, transfered 7936 kb in 6 seconds, which is supposedly 53.75 times faster than EDGE, but I am on EDGE with T-Mobile in the chicagoland area.
    11-04-08 12:19 PM
    I don't know how accurate that test is, as I just got 10.75 mbps, transfered 7936 kb in 6 seconds, which is supposedly 53.75 times faster than EDGE, but I am on EDGE with T-Mobile in the chicagoland area.
    I agree. I am on EDGE too and got a result of 18.17 Mbps on a pearl 8100 in central cali with at&t

11-04-08 12:26 PM
    what website are u guys using to check this i have a vzw curve and im curious of my speed
    It is www.testmyiphone.com

But I'm starting to think is crap we should all try and find a better site...

11-04-08 12:30 PM
    It is Testmyiphone.com - iPhone Speed Test

But I'm starting to think is crap we should all try and find a better site...

i tried testmyiphone from my BB and it just said it was testing but never did anything for about 10 mins...

LOL

oh well! My BB is too slow to recognize obv
    11-04-08 12:31 PM
    Well I could not get it to work... I must have done something wrong. Oh well.

11-04-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD