i have the 9700 and when i call people every few words i say get cut out the other people cant hear and i cant hear them then it comes back and does it all over again over and over....but only in my house and within a block or 2 radius of my house....everywhere else is works perfectly....when in 2g it works just fine in my house area but in 3g the call quality seems very choppy and cutting out.....anyone know what could possibly be going on? something wrong with my carriers tower possibly for this area? just started happening 2 days ago had the phone for 2 months running 3g all the time no problems before that
    01-01-10 01:36 PM
    That sounds like an issue with your carrier. Perhaps they are doing maintenance on the tower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 01:55 PM
    probably since im 100% everywhere else just not in this area and it randomly started happening when i woke up first call so possibly something went wrong with the tower while i was asleep or ya they are doing maintenance
    01-01-10 02:15 PM
    If it's ok everywhere else it would not be a problem with your phone.

01-01-10 02:32 PM
    wonderful my home area 3g call quality seems to have gone in the gutter hopefully fixed in the coming weeks....luckily im back off to university on monday back to my apartment 1 hour from home so i wont have to worry about my phone until 1 day a week when im home on the weekends

thanks for the help guys
    01-01-10 03:06 PM
    My house is fine but within a few blocks is a zone like you describe. I have learned not to traverse that corner or expect to lose the connection. Been a persistent ATT cell issue.

01-01-10 03:29 PM
    have you tried pulling your battery?
    01-01-10 05:20 PM
    I had a similar thing happen. Had a great signal at home, then one day - bupkus! So being the technician type that I am, I called ATT to make them aware that they might possibly have a problem at a nearby tower. On the initial call they took my information and thanked me. I wondered if anything would come of it.

A week or so later, they called me back to let me know that yes, there indeed was a blown amplifier, however it might take 4 to 6 months before they could get to fixing it. Well, I was impressed that they checked it out, but disappointed that it would take so long to repair it. Not more than a month after that, I was getting a strong signal at home again.

Contact your carrier, maybe they have a problem they are not aware of.
    01-01-10 05:35 PM
    Yeah I will contact them...but the 3g signal im getting on my phone seems to be full i have 5 bars and all its just the phone calls seems to keep cutting out in this area...strange

and yes i did try a battery pull im pretty sure its just the tower for the area because right when i go down the hill few blocks everything crystal clear no cut outs or anything
    01-01-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD