So, it seems pretty probable that ATT will be getting the Onyx. There is another rumored device, the Driftwood, which apparently is the UMA enabled version of the Onyx, which is supposed to hit T-mobile. Regardless of what it is going to be called, when on earth is Tmo getting a 3g blackberry? I first got wind of a possible release date from BGR back on May 11th:

BlackBerry Driftwood/Onyx hitting T-Mobile USA in September : Boy Genius Report

But now it seems that all hopes for a September Tmo Onyx/Driftwood/wutever are off. Or it would at least seem so due to the complete dearth of references to it. Since this BGR report, all rumors have focused around ATT and the Onyx.

I am desperate for news. I have an 8320 and specifically did not upgrade to the 8900 bc of the BGR report. I have heard nothing about the driftwood from crackberry. Again, only about ATT getting the Onyx.

Does anybody know anything!? My freaking trackball doesn't work anymore and EDGE is seriously getting me down!
    Last edited by Brnkvc; 08-04-09 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Need to change title
    08-04-09 11:26 AM
    I'm in the same boat.

I hear there's a cool new BB coming out around Xmas. There was reference to it being a touchscreen device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:09 PM
    So, it seems pretty probable that ATT will be getting the Onyx. There is another rumored device, the Driftwood, which apparently is the UMA enabled version of the Onyx, which is supposed to hit T-mobile. Regardless of what it is going to be called, when on earth is Tmo getting a 3g blackberry? I first got wind of a possible release date from BGR back on May 11th:

BlackBerry Driftwood/Onyx hitting T-Mobile USA in September : Boy Genius Report

But now it seems that all hopes for a September Tmo Onyx/Driftwood/wutever are off. Or it would at least seem so due to the complete dearth of references to it. Since this BGR report, all rumors have focused around ATT and the Onyx.

I am desperate for news. I have an 8320 and specifically did not upgrade to the 8900 bc of the BGR report. I have heard nothing about the driftwood from crackberry. Again, only about ATT getting the Onyx.

Does anybody know anything!? My freaking trackball doesn't work anymore and EDGE is seriously getting me down!
    You can get your trackball fixed pretty cheap. Even if the "click" is broken, it is only like $35 to get it fixed.
    08-04-09 03:14 PM
    You can by new trackballs from amazon.com, they are super easy to replace.

08-04-09 03:48 PM
    Where is the news?!!! There better be something coming out soon.
    08-04-09 03:57 PM
    You can get your trackball fixed pretty cheap. Even if the "click" is broken, it is only like $35 to get it fixed.

Here's my problem: Scrolling is fine, its the pushing/clicking thats messed up. I have to push really hard to get the phone to register that I am pushing the trackball. So hard that it bruises my thumb. I have figured out a decent work around- pressing enter performs the same function as clicking the track ball most of the time. Still certain things must be done with the trackball and its getting mighty annoying. How to I fix it?
    08-04-09 04:08 PM
    OK, here's the word... The Blackberry Curve 8520 is scheduled to launch TOMORROW for T-Mobile, but it's NOT a touchscreen. Trackball has been REPLACED with optical-trackpad. No word on the price yet, but it will also be available at Wal-Mart

Personally, I'm heading to the nearest T-Mo store after work tomorrow to check it out since we don't have any Wal-Mart's in NYC. LOL
    08-04-09 07:01 PM
    The 8520 should be priced around 50 dollars for new contract or upgrade and around 350 for full retail. Its considered a downgrade fropm the 8900. Besides the optical trackpad the thing with holding out for the latest and greatest blackberry is that no one will ever have the latest and greatest there will always be a newer and better one around the corner

08-04-09 09:21 PM
    i wouldnt hold my breath
    08-09-09 12:39 PM
    anyone hear about 4g berries yet? any rumors?
    08-09-09 12:47 PM
    is it true that Tmobile will be getting the Iphone??
    08-13-09 02:48 AM
    I talked to a T-Mobile Rep in the Blackberry/PDA department last night, and she said NO to 3g coming to T-Mobile. She said that RIM had PR people come and discuss the fact that the 3g market in the USA isn't what it could be. (Apparently 3g with T-Mobile is only available in huge cities like NYC).
    Is T-Mobile getting a touch-screen BB?! Or an iPhone?! I might have to add a line strictly for the iPhone..if they get the touchscreen BB, I'm upgrading.
    08-13-09 03:10 AM
    I actually have 3G on my samsung behold from t-mobile. It was recently edge but changed in the last month or so. And i live in salem,or. So slowly but surely they may get it! But i want a bb with 3g, and to get it i may have to switch carriers!
    08-13-09 07:27 AM
    it is ridiculous that there are no tmo 3g berries. i live in the OC so i get great 3g coverage. verizon and sprint are about to agressively roll out 4g lte networks, and us tmo are stuck on edge berries? wtf?
    08-13-09 09:56 PM
    T-mobile needs to step it up. I think there a great company. They have a 1000 minute +free nights and weekend plan for 40 a month. Thats pretty good.
    08-14-09 09:49 AM
    T-mobile needs to step it up. I think there a great company. They have a 1000 minute +free nights and weekend plan for 40 a month. Thats pretty good.
    Not anymore. $40 for 1000 min is part of the Sun Com plan. Now Tmo is pushing very hard to try to get us Sun Com customers to move over to the Tmo plan. The Tmo plan for 1,000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends cost $50.See, I am on the Sun Com plan and my 1000 minutes + free nights and weekends cost me $30.
    Last edited by savagepagan; 08-17-09 at 03:22 PM.
    08-17-09 03:19 PM
    I talked to a T-Mobile Rep in the Blackberry/PDA department last night, and she said NO to 3g coming to T-Mobile. She said that RIM had PR people come and discuss the fact that the 3g market in the USA isn't what it could be. (Apparently 3g with T-Mobile is only available in huge cities like NYC).
    Is T-Mobile getting a touch-screen BB?! Or an iPhone?! I might have to add a line strictly for the iPhone..if they get the touchscreen BB, I'm upgrading.
    it has already been confirmed that a 3G BB *WILL* come to T-Mobile, and not to trust a rep.
    08-18-09 04:22 AM
    Again. Anything said by T-Mo CSR should be taken with a ton of salt. There are spotted tester units of the 9700 with T-Mo USA branding, and 3G (1700) band.

Once I called a CSR rep about some stuff, and for fun asked him (supposedly a BB expert lol) if you could turn off the radio and do WiFi only at home (with UMA). Of course he said no. Lol.

Do your own research buddy. Most of those people have no clue about release dates, etc...

08-18-09 11:09 AM
    When I finally upgrade to the 8900, a new BlackBerry is coming out next month!? Well... I need to upgrade! I was working on a prepaid phone!
    08-18-09 10:40 PM
    I plan to purchase a unlocked Bold and use it with my current T-mobile SIM card. I know the Bold is a 3G phone on AT&T, so I was wondering if it will still be 3G on my T-mobile account.
    08-20-09 04:54 AM
    I can't wait for the day when I finally get a TMO BB with BIS. That'll be one of the best days EVER!
    08-20-09 02:44 PM
    The driftwood is the Onyx, just for TMobile. Its pretty much the same, minor differences. Radio, size, placement of sim card, few other things.
    08-20-09 03:36 PM
    I plan to purchase a unlocked Bold and use it with my current T-mobile SIM card. I know the Bold is a 3G phone on AT&T, so I was wondering if it will still be 3G on my T-mobile account.

You will not be able to get 3G on t-mobile with an unlocked ATT bold. Unlocking only works for voice, and EDGE data, not 3G.
    08-25-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD