Hi

I am sorry if this post is a duplication, all I can find is stuff from 2010 and it has no answer to my problem. From day 1 with my 9930 on verizon my phone has been switching from 3G to 1X (literally day one, and I bought the 9930 the day it was released).

Anyway this seems not to be a RIM issue since the same problem is all over Droid forums, but Verizon claims not to know what is going on let alone being able to fix the problem. It is worse when I travel even thought I update my roaming capabilities.

Has any figured out how to fix the 3G to 1X and back battery draining issue for a blackberry on verizon??? Thanks for any help. If this forum is a duplicaiton please let me know by private message and I will try to remove this.

Thanks for your help!!!
    05-15-12 10:46 AM
    Noticing the same thing on Sprint. Never at home or in my immediate home area, but when I travel in areas I frequent which are about an hour away by car where I have never had this problem before. These carriers are acting shady with their cover-up antics.
    05-15-12 10:50 AM
    Are you on the latest "official" OS from Verizon? They might be updating their towers/network or it could be your phone.
    05-15-12 01:51 PM
    I am having the same problem....i have the latest official os with a 9930
    05-15-12 04:01 PM
    I doubt that this helps very much... But my company is moving me 3 hours south to a new territory. In my old territory I have perfect 3G coverage, but in my new territory I have the same irritating issue as you describe. But I notice that it seems that when I am running low on 3G bars/reception, it will then kick over to 1x. So I thought nothing of it and figured Verizon was borrowing off another carrier's towers or something as it only happened when I ran low on reception/bars.
    05-15-12 04:18 PM
    Happening on Sprint too, but then my workplace is in a 3G-poor area.
    05-15-12 04:25 PM
    It happens to me alot but then again, many of the areas that it happens is in poor service so my theory on this is that the phone is programmed to switch to 1X when in poor service.
    05-15-12 04:29 PM
    I have excellent service.....80 db and still switches to 1x when I am on a call
    05-15-12 04:41 PM
    Sorry...don't mean to disturb this discussion but what the heck is 1x???
    05-15-12 05:08 PM
    i think CDMA network 1xev Evolution-Data Optimized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS. my 9900 jumps from H+ to EDGE all the time it happens
    05-15-12 05:12 PM
    Have to think about time of day and how many people are in the area you are using there cell phone. The less crowded a town or city, the better data rate you have. Rush hour isn't just on the road anymore.
    05-15-12 06:17 PM
    Ah, so now I know why it happens. Used to think it was some sort of an error
    05-16-12 09:37 AM
    It is the CDMA's version of EDGE
    05-16-12 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD