I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to use the internet from my black berry to connect to x box live if its possible. I pray it is
    08-29-08 08:45 AM
    I dont think it is possible as your carrier more than likely limits how much you can download/ upload in any given month. Also I dont believe that the BB can handle the bandwith speeds necessary for online game play.
    08-29-08 09:16 AM
    WHYYYY would you wanna do something like that? do you see how slow it is in the first place. I mean compared to actual Internet. did you wanna play COD4? they have it for BB you know of course it's not the same but nevertheless COD4. Call of Duty!!!!!
    08-29-08 09:21 AM
    Idk I have a few games I would like to play I guess. Or at least get on the marketplace to get upgrades and such.
    08-29-08 09:35 AM
    Then get the internet at home. Comcast all the way
    08-29-08 11:40 AM
    So you actually think the speeds on the blackberry will be fast enough for xbox live? LOL. The system already lags with Wifi and dsl connections, what do you think would happen it you could tether a BB lol.
    08-29-08 12:01 PM
    My son has been using the storm to play XBOX for a couple of weeks. I am watching the usage carefully and have not seen any spikes in usage. I don't know why this would be illegial. Everytime I boot teethered it shows me the usage

As for speed I have never used XBOX live myself but he talks about it being just like his friends who have DSL. Maybe I should say I live in a area where fast internet is not possible. We can not even get DSL! I know that is hard to believe. My business located in a business park can't get it either.

Anyway what we did was run the ethernet cord from the pc to the xbox. Enable internet sharing on your pc like you were sitting up a network. Turn everything off then back on and it works.

If anyone can explain why this is illegal or not a good ideal I would like to hear it.
    03-13-09 10:44 AM
    I don't think there are any legality issues with this. The biggest problem I see is the meaning of "unlimited". I know with sprint, for instance, if you see their ad for unlimited plans for laptop data in the fine print it maxes you out at 5GB a month. I think this is dumb because it really isn't unlimited (that's a dvd iso). Most 360 games are looking at update rates as compared to actual throughput so I'm sure they aren't Tx a ton of data, it just needs to be fast. And if your provider maxes out your "unlimited" data you will want to find out if that means it stops or if they just start to charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD