oh that explains everything. In that case...Let me be the first to welcome...all of you...to the Android Ecosystem!
    It seems like a win win to me. Rim stability, security and infrastructure along with a huge app base. And a hopefuLly robust new platform, best of all worlds and the app collectors can now be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 11:05 PM
    LOL
    Well said.
    Agreed - that was brilliant....
    04-07-11 03:38 AM
    Folks, there is an ignore button for a reason.

Back on topic - any mention of OS 7 woupd be a huge fail. You'd don't talk about next years model when you are introducing this years.

Jared DiPane likes this.
    04-07-11 07:03 AM
    04-07-11 07:07 AM
    Folks, there is an ignore button for a reason.

Back on topic - any mention of OS 7 woupd be a huge fail. You'd don't talk about next years model when you are introducing this years.

EXTREMELY well said.

Keep the thread on topic, or stay out of it.
    04-07-11 07:09 AM
    The only way they will mention OS7 is if it will be fully compatible with the OS6.1 hardware that will be releasing this summer. If it isn't and they announced it then some people would hold off buying/upgrading existing Blackberry devices till OS7 devices are available, and that would seriously hurt RIM's bottom line.
    04-07-11 08:06 AM
    The only way they will mention OS7 is if it will be fully compatible with the OS6.1 hardware that will be releasing this summer. If it isn't and they announced it then some people would hold off buying/upgrading existing Blackberry devices till OS7 devices are available, and that would seriously hurt RIM's bottom line.
    Excellent point. Ok, everything I listed earlier minus the OS7 stuff; that's more the strategic direction kind of information that investors would be more interested in, and BBW is more of a consumer event.

Getting back on topic ... as for what RIMM stock will do between now and then, I think you might see fluctuations of a buck or two, but you're not going to see any significant movement up or down until 1st quarter results are in after the end of May. JMHO.
    04-07-11 01:19 PM
    Getting back on topic ... as for what RIMM stock will do between now and then, I think you might see fluctuations of a buck or two, but you're not going to see any significant movement up or down until 1st quarter results are in after the end of May. JMHO.
    The shares will run up before BlackBerry World, like they always do before RIM is expected to announce/launch a device. Last year before WES 2010, RIM went up to C$74. The thing is most investors and traders don't read sites like crackberry.com, so they don't know about the Bold Touch 9930, BlackBerry Touch, Torch 2 and new Curve the way we do. Thus, they drive up the shares ahead of phone announcements/launches.
    04-11-11 07:12 PM
    The shares will run up before BlackBerry World, like they always do before RIM is expected to announce/launch a device. Last year before WES 2010, RIM went up to C$74. The thing is most investors and traders don't read sites like crackberry.com, so they don't know about the Bold Touch 9930, BlackBerry Touch, Torch 2 and new Curve the way we do. Thus, they drive up the shares ahead of phone announcements/launches.
    Hmmmm .... not to be a negative nancy, but last year was before RIM was bleeding market share to Android and iPhone. I hate when people beat the market share drum, but investors are big on that figure, because it shows if a company is a market leader or a follower. In addition to hard earnings numbers, they're really infatuated with market leaders, which is one reason why Apple is the darling of all of them at the moment.

Investors already know that announcements are coming, although they may not know exactly what, and I don't think it matters. RIM can flash numbers and specs and buzzwords, but they won't mean squat until it's proven how well they will actually move. I don't know ... you could be right, but I tend to think RIM's stock is going to stay close to where it is until next quarter's earnings call, or possibly even their 2nd quarter results.
    04-11-11 08:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD