RIM needs to make apps that we, as consumers, want!!!
    boldkeyboardholic likes this.
    04-10-12 05:00 PM
    Too bad most of them are likely Android 2.3 phone apps.
    04-10-12 05:11 PM
    at least i dont have to live my life being a troll...

(if you WANT those apps then get a device that has it... you dont NEED those apps and RIM does not NEED to supply them to you)
    your comment is not better as for some of course such an app IS the push to another platform, and even if I still have a BB it is ok to mention that I am missing Skype. Saying "if you don't like it, GO!" is childish

Not that I like a proprietary system, I prefere sip clients (don't found one in BB world/or overpriced for a sip client) and or jabber for messaging but if it is standard/most of the people I am in contact with using it - it is a disadvantage for me using BB as well as for RIM. I "screamed" on the skype-forum as well

personal Skype etc. is not that big issue for me, I really would like to have it, would even pay 5-10$ if it is working great (battery and functional (wifi call + IM) per year. If wifi calling is working really good or it would be possible to use it even with 3G I would probably pay more.

My issue with BB is more substantial.

The contracs with BIS-plans are rare in my country and effectivly I have 4 possible carrier/provider-options. Vodafone and TMO are extreme expensive, one is very cheap but very bad reception/very slow network and my carrier with good prices and an ok network quality.

But now this carrier changed its contitions/pricing and I have to pay 30% more fix fees per month. Or upgrade to a full package (from which I don't need 50%) with 40% more costs per month incl. 24 month contract instead of my 30days flex.

And even my old conditions were ~25% more expensive as the best offers in the same network/carrier.

I really love the form factor and this awesome keyboards (esp. 9000/9900) since '04, after I got one in work I got hooked and using BBs since 2005 privat as well with BIS. But... in the meantime it will cost me 300-400 $ (more exactly �) per year more than with another device NOT using BIS. This will be considered next time :'(
    04-10-12 05:19 PM
    your comment is not better as for some of course such an app IS the push to another platform, and even if I still have a BB it is ok to mention that I am missing Skype. Saying "if you don't like it, GO!" is childish

(
    +++1000000+++1000000000=Awesomeness.
    04-10-12 05:46 PM

(if you WANT those apps then get a device that has it... you dont NEED those apps and RIM does not NEED to supply them to you)

You don't need a tablet you want one.
    Folks buy what they want, not what they need. Otherwise Yugo would still be with us.

Sales 101

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-10-12 06:21 PM
    If youre beta tester, you'll notice that the app world is bbm conected, and you can do all you mentioned..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk
    Excellent, I really should take advantage of my Beta Zone account.
    04-10-12 06:34 PM
    A significant number of these BlackBerry PlayBook "apps" are comics and books. Alec Saunders needs to drill a hole into the skull of the BlackBerry AppWorld gatekeeper and determine if there is a functioning brain inside. I access BlackBerry AppWorld from the BlackBerry PlayBook and am greeted with screen after screen of garbage. Clean house and raise the level of quality required for any approved BlackBerry AppWorld application.
    joski and fanatical like this.
    04-10-12 07:16 PM

Troll? Certainly not! If you took the time to check my previous posts you will find that I have defended RIM so much that I'm bordering on being a fan boy like you. Also, I have several Blackberry phones as well as 2 Playbooks. I'm just calling a spade a spade after taking off my rose colored glasses If you read through the forums on this site you will find that time and time again people are begging for the 3 apps that I mentioned to come to the Playbook.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-10-12 08:04 PM
    I bet 239% of that 240% is Digi-Media book garbage. They still don't seem to get that you have to get the big name ones on the device. Even if they had 100,000 apps for Playbook, if their isn't a Kindle app, a Skype app, etc., then people will say so what. They are getting the name brand games like Angry Birds and Stuff, but people want more than just the games. They seemed to have went myopic for a while and only go after name brand games games for the Playbook with no focus on productivity while coming up for ads for the smartphone side of the house touting "tools not toys".
    Your talking like they don't want the big names. Patience. Some of the big names are going to want a larger user base. For that we need BB10 released. And for the most part they just need numbers. If they had the top 200 apps and 800 toy apps it would get beat up still. It needs the names and the numbers. It will not happen overnight. They other OS's didn't grow overnight.

James
    04-10-12 09:20 PM
    I could ask the same questions about apple or android!!!!
    About a year ago, I came across a post somewhere (not here but don't remember where) that called the AppStore crAppStore.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    04-11-12 01:48 AM
    It's good news.
    - They need to separate books from apps (incl. in stats)
    - The upcoming "BBM connected" AppWorld is going to rock !

Thanks for sharing
    04-11-12 02:56 AM
    About a year ago, I came across a post somewhere (not here but don't remember where) that called the AppStore crAppStore.
    Looks like RIM needs a lot of crap these days, their sales are falling off cliff.What happened to that 7 bucks earnings last fiscal??Didn't quite pan out as planned did it.bravado can only take someone so far.
    04-11-12 04:05 AM
    Your talking like they don't want the big names. Patience. Some of the big names are going to want a larger user base. For that we need BB10 released. And for the most part they just need numbers. If they had the top 200 apps and 800 toy apps it would get beat up still. It needs the names and the numbers. It will not happen overnight. They other OS's didn't grow overnight.

James
    I've had the Playbook since opening week. I've been very patient. And as for BB10, no one will buy the phones without the apps (other than us here) and you say if they don't have the base then the apps won't come so how will this happen? How did microsoft get all the apps for a phone OS with no marketshare at start, and still no marketshare?
    04-11-12 06:24 AM
    but how many of these were garbage ported apps just to get a fee playbook?

they need to fix that. apps are good, but garbage is bad.
    So true! Just look at the "New Arrivals"....simply too many junk!!
    04-11-12 10:51 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD