No one is saying that Blackberry is shutting down. But the reality is that they might get out of the handset business if they don't figure something out.
    Its been third year I am reading "they might get of handset business" and yet they are in! So no worries

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-28-16 09:09 AM
    What if... instead of Android, was iOS? would Priv be more successful? or even Passport with iOS?
    05-28-16 09:58 AM
    Yeah no worries. Everything's perfect.
    05-28-16 09:59 AM
    Yeah no worries. Everything's perfect.
    Nothing is perfect in this world! it is OS I like and many other who do, and with our own money we are hoping if BlackBerry make handset with BB10

05-28-16 10:07 AM
    Nothing is perfect in this world! it is OS I like and many other who do, and with our own money we are hoping if BlackBerry make handset with BB10

A lot of us hoped for a long time, and I don't mean to rain on your hopes. I just think, realistically, it's pretty obvious what is going on. I think the next opportunity will be when the next big thing comes along. Iot? Ai? Whatever it is, someone will jump on it and lead the way. The smartphone market is set in stone already.
    05-28-16 11:05 AM
    I don't know why os10 cannot be maintained, I have used plenty of smart phones and never have I got the satisfaction I get from my os10 device, I'd hate to have to change phones just because of one app.(whatsapp)
    1. BlackBerry can't afford to pay Qualcomm to port drivers for their latest CPUs to BB10.

2. BlackBerry can't afford to develop 2 Operating Systems.

3. BlackBerry won't sell sufficient BB10 devices to make it worthwhile, regardless of 1 and 2.
    Bbnivende and JeepBB like this.
    05-28-16 11:17 AM
    A lot of us hoped for a long time, and I don't mean to rain on your hopes. I just think, realistically, it's pretty obvious what is going on. I think the next opportunity will be when the next big thing comes along. Iot? Ai? Whatever it is, someone will jump on it and lead the way. The smartphone market is set in stone already.
    I switched from Nokia and favourite were 8800, 8800 sapphire and E90. Nokia is no more and I bought 9780, 9900, Q10, z3, Passport priv. All BlackBerry were excellent expect Z3 and somehow Priv. I gave sufficient time to Android and bought 3 different droid but sold. I know posting here on CB is like talking to mirror and BlackBerry Don't listen anymore. I am not tech junkie just a business man who feel more professional with OS10. At least with so many business problems BlackBerry with OS10 is not a problem.

05-28-16 11:58 AM
    I switched from Nokia and favourite were 8800, 8800 sapphire and E90. Nokia is no more and I bought 9780, 9900, Q10, z3, Passport priv. All BlackBerry were excellent expect Z3 and somehow Priv. I gave sufficient time to Android and bought 3 different droid but sold. I know posting here on CB is like talking to mirror and BlackBerry Don't listen anymore. I am not tech junkie just a business man who feel more professional with OS10. At least with so many business problems BlackBerry with OS10 is not a problem.

BB10 works well for that. Hopefully they will at least keep maintenance updates for a while.
    I'm using W10P, a 950. Pretty much the same situation as Blackberry except they have way more money to look at the future.
    05-28-16 12:53 PM
    Just wanted to say: you will love your new PP SE. Got mine the other day. Beautiful device and a joy to use.
    05-28-16 09:01 PM
    Just wanted to say: you will love your new PP SE. Got mine the other day. Beautiful device and a joy to use.
    That's what I am feeling about Passport SE! I left FB one year ago so no problem for that

05-28-16 09:08 PM
    Absolutely agree that dual boot of Android & BB10 best solution.
    Then BB can retain loyal customers as well as add new ones who want Android.
    That way during work day, BB10 mode could be used for superior efficiency, organization, and battery life; then at night ,weekends & holidays play up to 2 million apps(including latest fart app) for entertainment, etc
    Last edited by rgordon44; 05-29-16 at 08:16 AM.
    BB_PP likes this.
    05-29-16 07:40 AM
    Its like job for "some" people to write negative things 24/7 against BlackBerry
    There are untold millions at stake by the stock market shortsellers who gain when BlackBerry fails. Nobody, but us, reads our fellow posters who dump on BlackBerry constantly here so I am sure they are just bitter ex- fans or yanking our chains for fun ( I kind of enjoy them). However, I really wonder about these "analysts" in the media who always release a flurry of negative stories anytime something positive happens for BlackBerry. They certainly help to drive the stock value back down when it starts rising!

BB, Still the One
    05-29-16 08:14 AM
    Absolutely agree that dual boot of Android & BB10 best solution.
    Then BB can retain loyal customers as well as add new ones who want Android.
    Awesome great solution, why BlackBerry don't do this ?? Cmon BlackBerry dual boot ,triple boot hypervisor!! You can build it
    BB_PP, JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    05-29-16 08:15 AM
    Awesome great solution, why BlackBerry don't do this ?? Cmon BlackBerry dual boot ,triple boot hypervisor!! You can build it
    And BlackBerry will be only company to do so! As they claim they are software company

05-29-16 08:25 AM
    BB cannot get back even in 2020 lol, that kind of operating system cannot compete with Android, in any case. BB need to bring out something new, some totally different OS to counter Android.
    05-29-16 08:33 AM
    Citation please.
    My pleasure...

Recent interview in India.

Also debunks the "exit from hardware" as well as the "BB10 is dead" myths. :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    BB_PP and TCB on Z10 like this.
    05-29-16 05:33 PM
    BlackBerry won't pull the plug on bb10 until they can offer an alternative solution to the security conscious enterprise sectors. That means 'securing' android which isn't going to happen overnight, if at all.....

Yeah, bb10 will be in maintenance mode, but it must have updates to support future security threats. So while they have a live OS who knows what the future holds for BB10. They may have to release BB11 etc etc. Ok no updated ART but potentially an updated, highly secured OS with improved functionality???

So if Chen won't announce anything until he can offer an alternative solution, that may mean pulling out of hardware all together and just supporting bb10 in maintenance mode.

Guys this debate isn't as black and white as a lot of you guys believe. There are numerous factors they have to consider and I personally think the BlackBerry board/Chen still haven't decided on the final route. Strategically they'll have a plan but that doesn't mean that's what will be implemented.

My two cents........ thanks

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that.
    :-D

05-29-16 05:38 PM
    My pleasure...

Bb10 will come up with new goodies. Its just a matter of time

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    05-29-16 05:44 PM

If by goodies you mean bug fixes and security patches you are correct.
    If you mean anything beyond trivial enhancements in functionality you are sadly mistaken.
    05-29-16 06:47 PM
    My pleasure...

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Only problem is that they have stated that there will be no changes in the future to the ART and development tools. If an OS isn't being updated to meet changes in technology, it may not be dead, but it is not moving forward. They already laid off all the developers for BB10 OS so how could they move forward. I love BB10 and wish it was being worked on, but BlackBerry says it will be security patches and nothing more. So you can pretend all you want, but BB10 is on life support.
    Bbnivende and TgeekB like this.
    05-29-16 07:01 PM

BlackBerry has said that they won't and they don't have the developers anymore to develop anything new.
    05-29-16 07:04 PM
    If by goodies you mean bug fixes and security patches you are correct.
    If you mean anything beyond trivial enhancements in functionality you are sadly mistaken.
    If BlackBerry doesn't land on mars and conquer moon and set a company on Sagittarius, I am happy what they have in pocket now!

05-29-16 07:45 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't land on mars and conquer moon and set a company on Sagittarius, I am happy what they have in pocket now!

So why make these outrageous claims?
    05-29-16 08:22 PM
    So why make these outrageous claims?
    What outrageous claim I made ??

05-29-16 08:32 PM
    BlackBerry has said that they won't and they don't have the developers anymore to develop anything new.
    Citation please

05-29-16 08:33 PM
106 ... 2345