Competition and comparison are values. I really don't get all the people that hope that OS10 will die.

They just don't get that the more the competition, the better the product.
    The day Android will be the only OS, and believe that one day it could be, there will be no real gain for anybody.

If you aren't paid by Google to hold for the green robot operating system, let other people at least dream for what they like.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Competition is key to innovation.

With BB10 and Windows Mobile combining for less than 1%, and most likely dying out, we only have Apple and Android.

As much as I don't like Apple, I hope they manage to stay in the game. I'm concerned that even their numbers are dropping off - going from 17.9 to 14.8% last quarter.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BB_PP like this.
    05-27-16 10:02 AM
    Competition and comparison are values. I really don't get all the people that hope that OS10 will die.

They just don't get that the more the competition, the better the product.
    The day Android will be the only OS, and believe that one day it could be, there will be no real gain for anybody.

If you aren't paid by Google to hold for the green robot operating system, let other people at least dream for what they like.

Posted via CB10
    There is a difference in hoping something dies, and recognition that it is already terminal.

I think in a perfect world Windows, BlackBerry would have been very good for the market.

I think if BB10 works for you right now... that is great. I just don't believe that promoting BB10 today serves any purpose.
    DrBoomBotz and TgeekB like this.
    05-27-16 10:28 AM

With BB10 and Windows Mobile combining for less than 1%, and most likely dying out, we only have Apple and Android.

As much as I don't like Apple, I hope they manage to stay in the game. I'm concerned that even their numbers are dropping off - going from 17.9 to 14.8% last quarter.
    I'm a bigger fan of IOS than Android, but the sheer number of cheap and plentiful Android phones are a staggering force. The funny part is that Apple is still making almost all the profit while Android OEMs struggle with razor thin margins.
    05-27-16 10:44 AM
    I'll be back here to see this thread in 2017 ,I'll buy my Z50 !
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-27-16 10:46 AM
    I'm a bigger fan of IOS than Android, but the sheer number of cheap and plentiful Android phones are a staggering force. The funny part is that Apple is still making almost all the profit while Android OEMs struggle with razor thin margins.
    It's more fair to compare Apple to Google - not an oem device manufacturer. The big bucks are in the ecosystem.
    05-27-16 10:58 AM

It's a concern for sure, *cough* Windows on the desktop *cough*... I don't think Apple will vanish, but I definitely think you'll see their share shrink as low as 5 - 8% in the coming years, similar to their share on desktop. I don't see how Android will stop eating into their share given the number of low priced devices being pumped out.
    05-27-16 11:42 AM
    Yep, that will be the challenge and not looking forward to carrying a recharging brick for use 3 or 20 times a day...

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Really? The iPhone 6S plus gets better battery life than the Passport with a much smaller battery. It amazes me that people laud the Passport's battery. It should get decent battery life, because it's battery is huge. But in no way does it get what it should be getting due to its sheer size. Its not like Blackberry figured out some way to make a better and longer lasting phone. Their phone with the best battery life has the largest battery. And the 6S plus gets better battery with a smaller one. The Passport's battery is massive, and because BB10 isn't optimized it kills the battery.
    05-27-16 11:44 AM
    I can only assume you mean this video
    6:40-7:50
    7:41 "After the 10.3.4 we may consider building new devices"

After 10.3.4 is released, more BB10 phones will come out and will sell many millions.
    05-27-16 12:20 PM
    Not my experience. Want an app? Search for it, try and filter out the games even though you specified "apps", then install...see it ask for your contacts even though it's a flashlight app. Delete... repeat 10 times.

It isnt perfect on BB10, but at least I have 1 email app, 1 browser (by default), a "Pictures" app that doesn't insist on uploading photos to google by default...

Posted via CB10
    you do know that the Google play store has separate categories right?

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-27-16 12:52 PM
    I liked BB10 but the lack of a good maps app is for me a show stopper. I agree that iPhones and Androids are boring but they work. Apple has the best support in the business but it is too bad that none of their browsers work for me. If I needed a PKB then I would be very happy buying a BlackBerry PKB on Android.
    05-27-16 01:01 PM
    I get what you are saying... with Android, everything just works.

Takes all the fun out all the tinkering most of us had to do with BB10 to make it a working solution...

Installing LEAK OS to hopefully get fixes for different bugs. Back in the early days it was almost every couple of weeks we had something new.
    Learning how to sideload BAR files back in the early days.
    Then having to convert APKs to BAR files with a developer key back then.
    To being able to install apks directly.;
    Then SNAP and Cobalts Hacks that allowed direct access to Google Play.
    But still needing to patch some apps with Cobalt's tools.

Yes it is very boring here in the Android world.

BB10.4..... haven't heard of any plans for that "level" of update (new plans anyway, two years ago we taught the Passport might have 10.4 and be the first 64Bit device). 10.3.4 is the second of the two promised security updates.
    You are bringing back all the fun memories! I have done everything, and more, on your list.... aaah the good ol' days. Lol
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Ronindan like this.
    05-27-16 02:46 PM
    I wouldn't bet money on a new bb10 phone in 2017

Posted via CB10
    I'm betting we will see a bb10 device without the Android runtime in 2017.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    madh263362 likes this.
    05-27-16 03:01 PM
    I'm betting we will see a bb10 device without the Android runtime in 2017.
    What's the bet?
    05-27-16 03:13 PM
    You are bringing back all the fun memories! I have done everything, and more, on your list.... aaah the good ol' days. Lol
    Yeah I went from a STORM that required all kinds of Leaks, Hybrids and Shrunk OS..... to the 9650, that required nothing, back to the Z10 that required weekly or bi-weekly attention from me.

Now I'm on a Droid Turbo 2 and other than the update to Marshmallow and a subsequent Factory Reset.... and tweaking of Cobalts Apps. It been pretty boring once I got the hang of using Android.,
    bounce007 likes this.
    05-27-16 03:24 PM
    Yeah I went from a STORM that required all kinds of Leaks, Hybrids and Shrunk OS..... to the 9650, that required nothing, back to the Z10 that required weekly or bi-weekly attention from me.

Now I'm on a Droid Turbo 2 and other than the update to Marshmallow and a subsequent Factory Reset.... and tweaking of Cobalts Apps. It been pretty boring once I got the hang of using Android.,
    Same here. I have an SG6 Edge Plus. Now I have to find other things to occupy my time, like work and exercising.
    Ronindan likes this.
    05-27-16 03:34 PM

What do you do with all that free time, ha! Actually, I'm pretty settled on the Passport now with no real updates in the future, lol. I actually got excited about throwing Cobalt's BlackBerry manager on my droids. I think some of us just like to tinker...
    05-27-16 07:38 PM
    Blackberry under Chen has made a huge push towards cross-platform cloud-based services and security; I'm wondering if any thought has been given to a new OS based on Android (to have access to the apps) but with a focus on the cloud (somewhat along the lines of the Nextbit Robin, but with a focus on enterprise level security). If the devices leaned on cloud computing technology for some of the heavy lifting, they could get by with lower specs (and thus lower hardware costs) allowing the devices to be offered at a lower, more competitive price point, while at the same time ensuring device security was constantly up to date. Also, the potential for a subscription-based service plan could allow even older devices to produce a continued revenue stream. Something along those lines would really help BlackBerry stand apart from the saturated Android market
    05-27-16 08:34 PM
    Blackberry under Chen has made a huge push towards cross-platform cloud-based services and security;
    What cloud-based services does BlackBerry offer other than BES?

I'm wondering if any thought has been given to a new OS based on Android (to have access to the apps) but with a focus on the cloud (somewhat along the lines of the Nextbit Robin, but with a focus on enterprise level security). If the devices leaned on cloud computing technology for some of the heavy lifting, they could get by with lower specs (and thus lower hardware costs) allowing the devices to be offered at a lower, more competitive price point, while at the same time ensuring device security was constantly up to date. Also, the potential for a subscription-based service plan could allow even older devices to produce a continued revenue stream. Something along those lines would really help BlackBerry stand apart from the saturated Android market
    So, BlackBerry builds ANOTHER OS without any apps, and this time the device eats bandwidth because Cloud? That sounds nightmarish.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-27-16 10:03 PM
    I don't know why os10 cannot be maintained, I have used plenty of smart phones and never have I got the satisfaction I get from my os10 device, I'd hate to have to change phones just because of one app.(whatsapp)
    05-28-16 12:24 AM
    As you can see title there are black clouds of Android on BlackBerry, hopefully 2017 bring some good tidings of joy with OS 10.3.4 as said by chen in india.

Being a BB10 user gave a good 5 month try to Priv but bored like hell. Priv has good hardware but Android is stupid. Its like moving on in relationship but at the same time coming back to your Ex.

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    I have a classic for more than 1 year, If I had all the most popular used Apps as native BB, I won't even think to jump from BB10, it's the best OS but they seem to neglect it. And other important Stop-buying new BB phones is the "constant annoying threat" of company going out of business because its bad focus.
    BB_PP likes this.
    05-28-16 02:04 AM
    I have a classic for more than 1 year, If I had all the most popular used Apps as native BB, I won't even think to jump from BB10, it's the best OS but they seem to neglect it. And other important Stop-buying new BB phones is the "constant annoying threat" of company going out of business because its bad focus.
    Two things I can conclude;
    1-OS10 is the best.....yes it is!
    2- Company going out of business threads
    Company is not going out of business its just propaganda, nothing more.

Its like job for "some" people to write negative things 24/7 against BlackBerry

pstrusi likes this.
    05-28-16 05:17 AM
    BlackBerry won't pull the plug on bb10 until they can offer an alternative solution to the security conscious enterprise sectors. That means 'securing' android which isn't going to happen overnight, if at all.....

Yeah, bb10 will be in maintenance mode, but it must have updates to support future security threats. So while they have a live OS who knows what the future holds for BB10. They may have to release BB11 etc etc. Ok no updated ART but potentially an updated, highly secured OS with improved functionality???

So if Chen won't announce anything until he can offer an alternative solution, that may mean pulling out of hardware all together and just supporting bb10 in maintenance mode.

Guys this debate isn't as black and white as a lot of you guys believe. There are numerous factors they have to consider and I personally think the BlackBerry board/Chen still haven't decided on the final route. Strategically they'll have a plan but that doesn't mean that's what will be implemented.

My two cents........ thanks

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    05-28-16 05:45 AM
    BlackBerry won't pull the plug on bb10 until they can offer an alternative solution to the security conscious enterprise sectors. That means 'securing' android which isn't going to happen overnight, if at all.....

Yeah, bb10 will be in maintenance mode, but it must have updates to support future security threats. So while they have a live OS who knows what the future holds for BB10. They may have to release BB11 etc etc. Ok no updated ART but potentially an updated, highly secured OS with improved functionality???

So if Chen won't announce anything until he can offer an alternative solution, that may mean pulling out of hardware all together and just supporting bb10 in maintenance mode.

Guys this debate isn't as black and white as a lot of you guys believe. There are numerous factors they have to consider and I personally think the BlackBerry board/Chen still haven't decided on the final route. Strategically they'll have a plan but that doesn't mean that's what will be implemented.

My two cents........ thanks

Posted via CB10
    Good read
    Take four cents....please

05-28-16 05:55 AM
    Blackberry bb10 phone not camming. The update caming in 2016 .but a littile chance bb10 os phone in 2016.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-16 05:59 AM
    Two things I can conclude;
    1-OS10 is the best.....yes it is!
    2- Company going out of business threads
    Company is not going out of business its just propaganda, nothing more.

Its like job for "some" people to write negative things 24/7 against BlackBerry

No one is saying that Blackberry is shutting down. But the reality is that they might get out of the handset business if they don't figure something out.
    05-28-16 08:08 AM
106 12345