Guys,ive been a z10 user for almost a year and I've loved it's design,built quality and most importantly it's OS though it misses most android apps it's still the best OS(a BlackBerry and android combined)
    I've been having issues in latest games such as Real racing 3,asphalt 8,NOVA 3,MC4 which all play on low graphics compared to present android phones so I've been thinking of an upgrade and my first choice is Z30 and although it lacks a good camera & hardware this was my first choice in my place it's available for 450-500$
    Please let me know your opinion

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:48 PM
    My z10 is about 9 months old btw

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:49 PM
    I've got both a Z10 and Z30 and love them both, but feel that the Z30 is the better choice between them.
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-12-14 04:53 PM
    The Z30 is the best device I've ever owned. Well built, solid construction, big 5" AMOLED screen (ideal for 16:9 TV and movies), 4 loud speakers, big battery, HDMI and USB ports, big virtual keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text, fast processor, FM radio, and glass weave back. The Z10 is great too (sort of like a light compact version of the Z30), but the Z30 is even better.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-12-14 04:59 PM
    I've got both a Z10 and Z30 and love them both, but feel that the Z30 is the better choice between them.
    I mean we are entering a new year where there are devices which perform better,will z30 be a good choice in 2015??
    As it's quite old now

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:08 PM
    The Z30 is the best device I've ever owned. Well built, solid construction, big 5" AMOLED screen (ideal for 16:9 TV and movies), 4 loud speakers, big battery, HDMI and USB ports, big virtual keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text, fast processor, FM radio, and glass weave back. The Z10 is great too (sort of like a light compact version of the Z30), but the Z30 is even better.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    What I mean to say is,can it be considered a good device over other platforms to match in terms of performance and others?
    I'm sure z30 has over all good performance but the upcoming devices from android have even better specs(CPU,GPU) compared to the z30 price

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:12 PM
    My Q10 is wearing out, and I've decided to switch to Z30 (Passport not available in USA). I have come to appreciate the BB10 operating system in regards to what I need to do, which is primarily communications: voice / emails / text / pictures / BBM. For that purpose, nothing excels BlackBerry10, regardless of components. When moving beyond that, other platforms excel due to more apps, but you are going to have to accept the shortcomings of the other platforms. You really need to focus on what you need the phone for and get the one that fills those needs. Hint: no one phone does everything everybody wants, hence the decision dilemma...
    Jrox74 and prithvim7 like this.
    11-12-14 09:06 PM
    Looked at on it's own, the Z30 is a definite upgrade over the Z10. But considering their age (Z30 is a little over a year old, the Z10 is coming up on two years old) and what is coming out from the competition, I'm not entirely certain that it's the best $500 you can spend. If you want to stay within BlackBerry then sure go for it (especially since the release of any future high end all touch devices seem somewhat unclear at the moment), but if other platforms are in play, then you have some thinking to do.
    prithvim7 and ReneV like this.
    11-12-14 09:31 PM
    what country are you in OP? it's on sale down to $300 + tax + shipping in Canada.

Also, someone noted that the Passport is not available in the US, but it actually is!
    11-12-14 09:49 PM
    Guys,ive been a z10 user for almost a year and I've loved it's design,built quality and most importantly it's OS though it misses most android apps it's still the best OS(a BlackBerry and android combined)
    I've been having issues in latest games such as Real racing 3,asphalt 8,NOVA 3,MC4 which all play on low graphics compared to present android phones so I've been thinking of an upgrade and my first choice is Z30 and although it lacks a good camera & hardware this was my first choice in my place it's available for 450-500$
    Please let me know your opinion

Posted via CB10
    If you have the cash, drop it for the Passport. Depends on how long you want the device to last into the future. $500 is a bit of dough...

Also on whether you would like the touch sensitive keyboard, or whether you're stuck with all-touch. It has swayed many...

Hope you're making the right choice :-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-12-14 11:47 PM
    The Z30 no doubt is the best. I have two. No regrets.

From my ? phone.
    11-13-14 12:40 AM
    simple yes
    11-13-14 12:46 AM
    For 2015 it's a no. Z30 came out in 2013.
    Idk how you'll like your games on the Passport's square screen

Posted via CB10
    Allwyn John likes this.
    11-13-14 01:55 AM
    I mean we are entering a new year where there are devices which perform better,will z30 be a good choice in 2015??
    As it's quite old now

Posted via CB10
    I think that this is why blackberry was never able to perform well in the full touch market. The Z series have become the storm series all over again. They made two touch devices that didn't sell as well as they hoped and decided to put a stop to the r&d behind them. To continually improve your product could potentially bring more and more sales as you learn the market niche. John Chen may say that he's not making these devices for everyday consumers but that's not true. He's here in crackberry forums. He's said it himself. He's read what we've had to share and implemented certain facets into the OS's we use today.

John Chen does care about the consumer. Without the consumer, I don't think blackberry can survive. The Z30 didn't receive any marketing behind it. Insure it would have sold much better if it had. Get the phone in front of a few million people and it WILL sell. Not keeping up with the full touch replacements every year is a mistake. I truly believe that it's a huge mistake if they want to produce consumer products. If they want to make MONEY. We need a Z50 out there. We need a device with crazy processors, memory and storage space. Do something insane. Throw in a 3500mah battery, 4gb of RAM, 64gb of storage, a 2 or 2.5ghz processor. Come up with big numbers, shout them out loud. Make performance comparisons in commercials like so many other companies do.

To make money these days companies need to provide for consumers. Claiming that blackberry devices are not being made for consumers right now is a joke. Blackberry won't survive in solely enterprise.

Apologies for the long winded rant.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    eyesopen1111, phuoc and srzjumper like this.
    11-13-14 05:12 AM
    what country are you in OP? it's on sale down to $300 + tax + shipping in Canada.

Also, someone noted that the Passport is not available in the US, but it actually is!
    India,I think it costs 470 for white and 420-450 for black

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:12 AM
    Considering carriers are still offering the Z10 as a handset, depending of course where you are in the world and the Z30 being the ONLY direct upgrade from the Z10 as a full touch offering then it is considered an upgrade from the Z10 and a path I will be following should BlackBerry not release another full touch offering by December 2015.
    11-13-14 08:17 AM
    For 2015 it's a no. Z30 came out in 2013.
    Idk how you'll like your games on the Passport's square screen

Posted via CB10
    Not a fan of qwerty,but I do like it however instead I would but a bbz30 and an android device as it's somewhat almost double $833!
    I'm impressed by its durability as it can easily last for atleast 3-4 yrs

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:17 AM
    I think that this is why blackberry was never able to perform well in the full touch market. The Z series have become the storm series all over again. They made two touch devices that didn't sell as well as they hoped and decided to put a stop to the r&d behind them. To continually improve your product could potentially bring more and more sales as you learn the market niche. John Chen may say that he's not making these devices for everyday consumers but that's not true. He's here in crackberry forums. He's said it himself. He's read what we've had to share and implemented certain facets into the OS's we use today.

John Chen does care about the consumer. Without the consumer, I don't think blackberry can survive. The Z30 didn't receive any marketing behind it. Insure it would have sold much better if it had. Get the phone in front of a few million people and it WILL sell. Not keeping up with the full touch replacements every year is a mistake. I truly believe that it's a huge mistake if they want to produce consumer products. If they want to make MONEY. We need a Z50 out there. We need a device with crazy processors, memory and storage space. Do something insane. Throw in a 3500mah battery, 4gb of RAM, 64gb of storage, a 2 or 2.5ghz processor. Come up with big numbers, shout them out loud. Make performance comparisons in commercials like so many other companies do.

To make money these days companies need to provide for consumers. Claiming that blackberry devices are not being made for consumers right now is a joke. Blackberry won't survive in solely enterprise.

Apologies for the long winded rant.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    Yes that's true but despite of a low frequency CPU in apple 6,6+ these devices have 2x performance compared to BlackBerry passport!!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:21 AM
    The main problem I'm having is not with the phone but with my friends who own apple 5s
    As this phone performs very well compared to android devices at its price

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:25 AM
    The main problem I'm having is not with the phone but with my friends who own apple 5s
    As this phone performs very well compared to android devices at its price

Posted via CB10
    At it's price point ($299 here via shopblackberry.com for GSM), it's still a really good deal.

You'll just have to compare device in your market at the same price point and see how the features compare and what is important too you. But I do agree with your earlier post... the iPhone 6 and 6+ are VERY nice devices that are smooth running and full of capabilities due to the expansive ecosystem. But then they aren't selling them for $299 either.

But it's really all about what the device can do... if you are happy with BB10 and where the platform is going, then the Z30 is a great choice. If you are tired of waiting for a particular app that you need for work or play, then move to a platform that meets your needs today.
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-13-14 08:38 AM
    I say if possible wait it out. If you're still being charged full price then it doesn't make sense. Here in North America the Z30 is a steal! I'm recommending it to anyone that would listen.
    11-13-14 10:17 AM
    At it's price point ($299 here via shopblackberry.com for GSM), it's still a really good deal.

You'll just have to compare device in your market at the same price point and see how the features compare and what is important too you. But I do agree with your earlier post... the iPhone 6 and 6+ are VERY nice devices that are smooth running and full of capabilities due to the expansive ecosystem. But then they aren't selling them for $299 either.

But it's really all about what the device can do... if you are happy with BB10 and where the platform is going, then the Z30 is a great choice. If you are tired of waiting for a particular app that you need for work or play, then move to a platform that meets your needs today.
    Yeah sure.
    I like the BlackBerry OS 10 compared to other platforms my second preference is Android so I guess I should purchase another android mid range phone to satisfy myself,if I get the z30 for $300-350
    I would definitely purchase it I might as well get it as a present 4 myself by march,meanwhile I should purchase a midrange Android device

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:31 PM
    I've owned a z10 then a z30 and now a passport because my z30 was stolen.... I can still honestly say the Z30 was thee best phone I have ever owned to date, it's such an underrated device.

Brilliant battery life
    Perfect size
    Loud speakers
    Decent screen
    Great camera (personally I think the 8mp is better than my passports 13mp)
    And expandable memory

What more could you want from a device!??!?

Posted via CB10
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-13-14 05:50 PM
    Z30 rocks the main feature the battery is night and day comparing to the Z10

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-13-14 06:36 PM
    Since you play lot of 3d games, z30 is much better than z10. Bigger screen, better stereo speakers, higher clock processor and adreno 330 graphics which is 2-3 times better than adreno 225 on z10. Maybe you can even get joypads working on it since it has usb otg.

Posted via CB10
    prithvim7 likes this.
    11-14-14 05:18 AM
81 123 ...