Is that QNX inside ? I think so ...
    Looks beautiful.

2014 Nissan GT-R using QNX?-003-14tdi_gtrb034-large.jpg

2014 Nissan GT-R using QNX?-004-14tdi_gtrb035-large.jpg

2014 Nissan GT-R using QNX?-013-14tdi_gtrb043-large.jpg

2014 Nissan GT-R using QNX?-014-14tdi_gtrb044-large.jpg

Keep moving ... faster !
    09-03-13 09:20 AM
    I believe that car is actually called the GT-R.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-03-13 09:26 AM
    I believe that car is actually called the GT-R.
    Absolutely, don't know why I misquoted it in title. My bad, probably
    09-03-13 11:18 AM
    it might be qnx but the skin was developed my nissan
    09-03-13 11:39 AM
    Did QNX build this infotainment system, or did someone else build it using QNX as a basis?
    09-03-13 11:47 AM
    The interface is designed by Polyphony Digital, maker for Gran Turismo series. Nissan uses Clarion as their provider for built in GPS.
    09-03-13 12:19 PM
    Must-have accessory for BB10 users?
    Warlack and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-03-13 12:29 PM
    The interface is designed by Polyphony Digital, maker for Gran Turismo series. Nissan uses Clarion as their provider for built in GPS.
    Both are true, but it does run QNX. The nav system uses navteq maps
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-03-13 12:39 PM
    bets that I can get an ipod option in the specs but BlackBerry option? QNX = underleveraged.
    09-03-13 12:45 PM
    ....it may do so with the R36.
    09-03-13 01:16 PM
    thats actually pretty funny lol
    09-03-13 01:27 PM
    bets that I can get an ipod option in the specs but BlackBerry option? QNX = underleveraged.
    My g37 uses the same basic system (without the play station bits), and it doesn't play well with my Z. Works great with my 9850 though
    09-03-13 02:32 PM
    My g37 uses the same basic system (without the play station bits), and it doesn't play well with my Z. Works great with my 9850 though
    Another ex-G37 owner here. It just sucks how slow it is when the Nav boot up
    h20work likes this.
    09-03-13 03:07 PM
    Another ex-G37 owner here. It just sucks how slow it is when the Nav boot up
    After 2 years I still get frustrated using the keyboard to enter an address, insane lag. I usually use voice commands but I have to have the top up
    09-03-13 04:11 PM
    After 2 years I still get frustrated using the keyboard to enter an address, insane lag. I usually use voice commands but I have to have the top up
    Yes, the input response speed left a lot to be desired for sure. I love the car though, I still miss my Coupe :/
    09-03-13 06:32 PM
    Yes, the input response speed left a lot to be desired for sure. I love the car though, I still miss my Coupe :/
    I had a 2005 g35 coupe which I traded for a g37s the day they were released. I have the vert now, I don't even care my Z doesn't always pair with blue tooth or the use port
    09-03-13 07:25 PM
    Did QNX build this infotainment system, or did someone else build it using QNX as a basis?
    AFAIK, all of these infotainment systems are just using the QNX kernel, and some APIs, and the car companies are building their own OS/interface/services on top of it, and partnering with hardware manufacturers for the in-dash gear. QNX isn't "making infotainment systems" anymore than Linux is making Android phones. The kernel is an important component, to be sure, but it's just one of many that goes into an infotainment system.
    09-03-13 10:20 PM
    I had a 2005 g35 coupe which I traded for a g37s the day they were released. I have the vert now, I don't even care my Z doesn't always pair with blue tooth or the use port
    I had the 09 G Coupe, was banking on it getting the 7AT. The new generation really beef up the interior by a large margin. I traded in my Coupe for M37 after I was rear ended, didn't want take chance with the tranmission. BTW I just saw couple Q50 running around recently and boy they look sweet.
    09-04-13 01:05 AM
    This. Quoted for truth.
    09-04-13 05:38 AM
    AFAIK, all of these infotainment systems are just using the QNX kernel, and some APIs, and the car companies are building their own OS/interface/services on top of it, and partnering with hardware manufacturers for the in-dash gear. QNX isn't "making infotainment systems" anymore than Linux is making Android phones. The kernel is an important component, to be sure, but it's just one of many that goes into an infotainment system.
    Which ultimately means that QNX is getting paid penny's per installation... Which might be fine for a small company that is use to bring in 50 Million a year total revenues. Means nothing in the overall future of BlackBerry.
    09-04-13 01:07 PM
    The QNX Car Platform isn't just a kernel:

The QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment includes a wide array of QNX technologies: the QNX OS; a powerful mobile connectivity framework; a best-in-class acoustic, noise reduction, and hands-free solution; an HMI framework supporting HTML5, Qt, and other native UI toolsets; and different app environments.

To this, we've added automotive hardening for crash resiliency, embedded optimization, and fast booting.

With support for both HTML5 and Android apps executing alongside the built-in HMI as well as an HTML5 framework, the QNX CAR Platform supports the industry's broadest cross-platform mobile development environments, allowing OEMs to leverage a variety of apps from the consumer electronics space.
    It is basically similar to how BB10 is running on QNX, the QNX Car platform is more than just a kernel and a platform running on QNX.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-04-13 02:47 PM
    The QNX Car Platform isn't just a kernel:

It is basically similar to how BB10 is running on QNX, the QNX Car platform is more than just a kernel and a platform running on QNX.
    Nissan doesn't use the QNX CAR platform, just the os.
    09-04-13 03:53 PM
    FYI, from : Automotive Solutions

BUT I must say, I've not found Nissan listed in consumers list. Yet, I do know they use QNX for some models already.
    Attached Thumbnails 2014 Nissan GT-R using QNX?-capture.jpg  
    09-04-13 06:34 PM
    You won't find Nissan listed for qnx car, but they absolutely use the qnx os. The qnx car platform didn't release until 2009, the gtr came out in 2007. I know some people who swapped out the oem Toshiba 30gb hard drives with larger ones. We even had access to the file structure after someone cracked the password
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-04-13 07:41 PM