At the top of 2010 I'll be eligible for an upgrade, with Bell. I've scoured the many interwebs for news on 2010 CDMA Blackberries and haven't found anything. Does anyone know of any, besides Storm 2, I have one and don't want another, even if it is much better. I'm seriously considering buying my contract, cuz the lack of devices.

Anything help is greatly appreciated!

08-14-09 02:47 PM
    There is the Atlas that is rumored to be wifi version of the Tour.
    08-14-09 02:56 PM
    I want a touchscreen/keyboard bb w/ wifi. If they make a device like this by next year on sprint then I'll be sold. If not I will switching devices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:55 PM
    I just want the Storm 2. But I don't think Sprint will get one
    08-14-09 10:19 PM
    I want a touchscreen/keyboard bb w/ wifi. If they make a device like this by next year on sprint then I'll be sold. If not I will switching devices

Tour+wifi is rumored for early next year. No touchscreen though. It may have the trackpad.
    08-14-09 11:19 PM
    If you're in a major city on the mainland, don't get a CMDA bb. The HSPA rollout should cover at least as far east as Toronto very soon, and apparently Bell is getting the Onyx, so I'd just wait. I'd do that on Telus but I'm moving to Halifax for school and I don't think HSPA will be ready there til next year. Tour now, Onyx when I get back to Toronto. "Hopefully" lol
    08-15-09 01:37 PM
    LTE is rumored by Verizon to be out by Q1 2010 because of the iPhone/Verizon rumors. Hoardforums had a huge post on it and I guess it's started to slowly show a bit of truth to it...

I for one am pretty sure CDMA BB's will cease in the very near future for LTE devices. We shall see!
    08-15-09 04:49 PM
    LTE is rumored by Verizon to be out by Q1 2010 because of the iPhone/Verizon rumors. Hoardforums had a huge post on it and I guess it's started to slowly show a bit of truth to it...

I for one am pretty sure CDMA BB's will cease in the very near future for LTE devices. We shall see!

CDMA phones will not cease in the near future. The LTE rollout will take a long time...at the very, very most, we may see some CDMA/LTE phones in 2010. CDMA will not be phased out for years.
    08-16-09 06:12 PM
    LTE will be great, but its not going to be a smartphone option for Verizon in 2010. Verizon has already stated that its 2010 rollout of LTE will first be only for broadband users, and not for smartphones at all. I'd guess 2011 is when their network would begin to be robust enough to start adding smartphones. So yeah, go ahead and pull the trigger on a phone now and upgrade again in 2011 when LTE becomes an option.

08-17-09 11:50 AM
    OP is in canada, vzw discussions dont need to happen. bell & telus devices are what he/she seems to be after...
    08-18-09 08:26 AM
    If you're in a major city on the mainland, don't get a CMDA bb. The HSPA rollout should cover at least as far east as Toronto very soon, and apparently Bell is getting the Onyx, so I'd just wait. I'd do that on Telus but I'm moving to Halifax for school and I don't think HSPA will be ready there til next year. Tour now, Onyx when I get back to Toronto. "Hopefully" lol
    Telus has actually started testing HSPA in Halifax...After the roll out in VanCity I believe Hali is one of the markets that will be in launched in. A few weeks ago I did a manual search for a GSM signal and it picked up a Telus 3G network so one can only pray they open up sooner than later here in Hali.
    08-19-09 08:51 PM
    Bought a CDMA Blackberry Storm in the USA with a Verizon plan. I was told that I can unlock it in Trinidad and Tobago ( Caribbean) and use a GSM sim on the local network? Can this happen?
    08-20-09 04:35 AM
    Bought a CDMA Blackberry Storm in the USA with a Verizon plan. I was told that I can unlock it in Trinidad and Tobago ( Caribbean) and use a GSM sim on the local network? Can this happen?
    should be, theres many ways in the forums about unlocking storms - try a search about it

i believe horizonwirelessonline.com is one website that does it

REMOTE Unlock Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 or 9630 [unlock-bb-Storm/Tour-CDMA-Vrzn] - CAD$19.99 : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �

and no i dont work for them i just know they do it and my friends have used it before
    08-20-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD