I was looking at the 200mb data family plan for my blackberry. Would 200mb be enough for 1 month if i was at home/school most of the time and i used wifi when home? The only things i would be doing is Using Facebook rarely, BBM most of the time and downloading some apps.

Thanks
    05-23-11 08:05 PM
    if you are using wifi mostly, and not a heavy user, that 'should' be fine...

download the app called "cell manager". you can keep track of your data usage, and see when you are getting close to your monthly limit..
    RackzOnRackz5 likes this.
    05-23-11 08:14 PM
    its enough. I have several months where i didnt break 100mb (on my curve) and im a pretty medium user who never uses wifi, constantly on twitter and 3 email accounts.
    05-23-11 08:34 PM
    Depends on you. For me, probably not (despite my constant wifi) but for most, BlackBerrys are pretty lite on data so you'll probably be good.
    05-23-11 10:09 PM
    Don't stream video over the carrier network and it will definitely be enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 01:36 AM
    It's definitely more than enough, as long as you don't stream any media, as belfastdispatcher stated. BlackBerrys are data efficient by design, so 200MB will take you far.
    05-24-11 01:59 AM
    You can also set your email accounts to not download images automatically and disable automore setting. This gives you control over what you want to see. Think how many chain emails you get that you maybe don't want to look at or newsletter emails.

05-24-11 03:54 AM
    Well depends on your usage... I browse around 70 web pages a day so the 200 MB mark isnt enough. I think that if you use constant facebook and use wifi alot then i think its enough. I think youll only use less than 40 MB a month considering the fact that you only send BBM's and Facebooks
    05-24-11 05:18 AM
    Don't stream video over the carrier network and it will definitely be enough.

I second this. Don't stream video or audio and you will be fine. My highest has been about 120 MB.

05-24-11 07:42 AM
    Should be more than enough. I usually hit around 150mb per month. Never use WiFi (cuz I can't... yet) and use FB, Twitter, BBM, e-mail, BerryWeather, plus push ScoreMobile notifications...
    05-24-11 07:54 AM
    If you have a chance to go to a carrier where you can get unlimited I would do that, its better to have more and not use it then to have less and need it

05-24-11 11:54 PM
    I have unlimited BIS and honestly I hardly crack 300mb but now since I have wifi at home I hope on that when I'm there and my usage have been around 110 - 120 mb so yes 200 is enough especially if you have wifi around!

05-25-11 01:02 AM
    I'm with Telus and I was looking at their plan rates last night just cause. I have been on the same plan that I started five or so years ago. An unlimited plan. I have never gone over 500mb and I use the **** out of my phone. What was interesting is that on their site they have a data usage tool. Basically sliders for email, browsing, txts, messaging, social networking. I slid all the sliders to the max and compared android to вlαckвєяяy usage. Based on maximum usage, 1500 emails, 1500 txts, etc etc, Вlαckвєяяy used 2.2G to Androids 7.5!
    Point is, you should be fine even without wifi. Although you should use wifi WHENEVER possible. You never know when you have a month where you excessivly use data more than other months.

I don't know if there are other sites with it but you should check it out sometime. Input your info and get yourself a rough estimate.
    05-25-11 01:34 AM
    Easily as long as you don't use a lot of web surfing over 3g. If you have Wi-Fi at home this won't be a problem.
    05-25-11 02:10 AM
    I consider myself a heavy user due to a lot of downtime at work and I hardly ever use wifi due to it not being accessible during work and at home, I'd rather use my home computer.

I BBM/text a lot and browse on the constant. I make a few phone calls a day and have 3 email accounts I frequently check. I also stream a good bit of youtube vids since 3G has finally been implemented here and once in awhile Pandora.

Most I have hit is 500mb, which was a ton of usage. I generally hit around 150-200MB a month.

Same usage on an Android phone would be over 2Gig easy! Wife uses her Android phone about half of what I do and is almost always close to 1Gig....

Good luck!
    05-25-11 03:09 AM
    I am also a heavy user, with nine email accounts, linking to the office computer remotely (RDM+), chatting over multiple applications (pretty much running my business via mobile). I usually averaged around 1GB each month, sometimes up to 1.2GB, but that would be extreme. My Tour doesn't have WiFi, so everything goes through data.

At the same time, my wife would use her Curve to check websites, Facebook, and chat with friends. She averaged about 70MB.

On my Android device, which is mostly connected to WiFi, I go through about 500MB per month. On days when I'm not connected to WiFi, I can easily go through 100MB each day.

BB is definitely more conservative on data usage, but it still will depend on how much you use it, and what you do with it.
    05-25-11 07:38 AM
    DAMN you guys are lightweights! I'm a 2G a month man! Of course a watch streaming media and listen to pandora and slacker often.

05-25-11 10:01 AM
    PK,
    What app is that and for what device? Looks pretty cool and looks like something I could use for sure.
    05-25-11 06:52 PM
    its good to use this one.. much faster..
    05-25-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD