Sales and revenue under accounting terms are equivalent for simplifying purposes. Profit is different. Thus it is 120m less unearned amounts in revenue based on estimates for returns, made the provision for warranties and other unearned revenues.
    09-27-14 03:16 PM
    Well, as you said, those were guesstimates based on little more than blind faith.

This is a confirmed number of people buying phones off contract. That's a very impressive number for first day unlocked sales, wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am glad BlackBerry sold-out their inventory of 200 000 Blackberry Passports on less than 48 hours after official launch. I just caution against reading too much into this number and time period...it is not indicative of a trend but merely one data point. Impressive indeed to see such quick sales for the BlackBerry Passport - we agree on that point.
    09-27-14 06:31 PM
    One word... awesomesauce.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-27-14 08:32 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks bakron1...yes I ordered on Wednesday am and it was delivered Friday to my toronto address...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:25 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport.. most innovative phone of 2014

Dare to stand out......

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt and danny_deeee like this.
    09-27-14 09:28 PM
    I am glad BlackBerry sold-out their inventory of 200 000 Blackberry Passports on less than 48 hours after official launch. I just caution against reading too much into this number and time period...it is not indicative of a trend but merely one data point. Impressive indeed to see such quick sales for the BlackBerry Passport - we agree on that point.
    It's a significant data point, not the least that it so quickly became public.

This is not Heins' evasive "best BlackBerry launch ever", this is a real number, and one they could only game to some degree.

This is an unqualified success. BlackBerry made money on devices last quarter and this success guarantees that for the current quarter now, too.

A 200k opening means that we might see 2mil of these things by Christmas, and that could actually be enough to return BlackBerry to profitability.

That is huge. And barring some disaster it's actually attainable.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and hpjrt like this.
    09-28-14 12:20 AM
    200.000 unlocked devices sold in 48hrs is really good number. I didn't expect such good start.
    09-28-14 07:00 AM
    It's not so much that it's good as far as comparing it to the smartphone market, but it is excellent for BlackBerry. Unlike the Z10 launch, we have confirmed number, all of which are sales to end-users. This is fantastic for the company.

That doesn't mean the cart should be put before the horse, but that also doesn't mean that it isn't worth celebrating.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-28-14 09:47 AM
    The additional points he made in the conference are even more telling

He said the PP has broken even already. ei 200,000 orders gives break even point

So this seems to means all profit to BlackBerry from this device going forward after one day! Amazing.

Also this interest and success confirms there will be a PP-2.

This confirms the target market exists and BlackBerry can build phones with a good margin.

I read between the lones they were expecting about it 1M units/yt but now are looking at at least twice that.

What if it ends up hardware keeps BlackBerry above water while software gradually comes around

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-28-14 01:56 PM
    He said the PP has broken even already. ei 200,000 orders gives break even point
    While this would be nice, I don't recall him stating it was the break even point. Can you source this?

Penned via Tapatalk
    09-28-14 02:23 PM
    As mentioned in another thread, my local Telus dealer tried everything he could to persuade me to buy an iPhone when I purchased my Q10 on launch day; it was a non-stop BlackBerry bashfest which made the buying experience a whole lot less pleasant. I may head back there tomorrow to check-out the Passport, but my fear is that I'll end up buying one (a docking station would essentially guarantee it).
    09-28-14 03:27 PM
    While this would be nice, I don't recall him stating it was the break even point. Can you source this?

Penned via Tapatalk
    He did say that. I seen the video with my own eyes. Someone posted the video after the conference call last week. It was during an interview. Check in the BBRY thread (I support BBRY and buy shares) and go back to last Friday. You'll find it there.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:47 PM
    Why is it the OP never returns to these threads?..
    Joao Oliveira and robtanz like this.
    09-28-14 10:41 PM
    Here's the thing - in the earning call he makes two separate statements - one about good Amazon sales, one about already selling 200,000 units - but that happened with the z3 - they sold a million to the channel not to end users. So I take it to mean that they gave 200,000 existing orders including channel orders and within that we have an unknown number of sales via Amazon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-30-14 02:18 AM
64 123