Why does RIM let leaked pics, videos, and other info on the Niagara/Tour stay online, BUT request Storm 2/Odin pics pulled down from CB? Certainly raised my brow. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 12:16 PM
    I didn't know that was the case, that is indeed suspicious.... I'm sure the answer is not too far on the horizon though.
    05-20-09 12:38 PM
    Good question, but I have no answer.
    05-20-09 12:41 PM
    tryin to keep that one under wraps? either way storm2 has me excited!
    05-20-09 12:53 PM
    1. to stop potential storm gen1 buyers from changing their minds and wait..

2. to stop gen1 storm owners beating down the doors at RIM headquarters and lynching..

3. to learn or discover what threads should be discussed in the lounge forum.

on a side note..If it was RIM who asked for the pics to be removed..at least it's nice to know they know the forum exists..hopefully they also read what the members have to say..
    Last edited by hudss; 05-20-09 at 01:06 PM.
    05-20-09 12:54 PM
    I was not aware that the question was already posed. As requested, will a mod please move me on. MJ, you really should beat your (horse) meat in a private setting.
    Preciate the warm welcome.

05-20-09 01:02 PM
    They are sneaky, I'm sure most of the photos and devices are probably leaked on purpose.
    05-20-09 03:02 PM
    The Tour is close enough to release and isn't really anything "new". Its a screen and keyboard bread and butter berry. The Odin is a new version of what was a revolutionary berry, so they're probably being pretty tight on it.

05-20-09 03:55 PM
    The Tour is close enough to release and isn't really anything "new". Its a screen and keyboard bread and butter berry. The Odin is a new version of what was a revolutionary berry, so they're probably being pretty tight on it.

But wouldn't it be to their advantage to give the storm users who are pissed off some hope for a better device?
    05-20-09 08:16 PM
    when were the storm 2 pics pulled?

05-20-09 08:17 PM
    My guess is to remain competitive. Touch screen devices are becoming increasingly popular and they want to keep this as big a "secret" as possible with rival handsets due out at the same time. this includes the iPhone and the new Android, to name a few.
    05-20-09 10:45 PM
    The reason is because they are preparing to screw you storm1 owners over and also to get as many more suckers committed before launch!
    05-20-09 11:07 PM
    when were the storm 2 pics pulled?

This past weekend....
    05-21-09 08:07 AM
    Cause its fake. A big fat lie.

05-21-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD