Is it possible to have two separate phone numbers come to the same phone simultaneously without having to manually switch between SIM cards? I would like to receive calls for two separate businesses on the same phone at any time without hassle. I am willing to purchase whatever blackberry can accomplish this. Thank you.
    06-27-09 08:09 PM
    I dont believe this is possible anymore. It use to be but for some reason the phone companies stopped making it an option. If you do a search you should be able to find some information on this. Its been discussed before.
    06-27-09 08:26 PM
    06-27-09 10:33 PM
    Thats pretty crazy...

I was just going to suggest forwarding calls to the 2nd line...

Thats pretty much what I would have to do for my Sprint lines... I don't like carrying two phones with me all the time.
    06-27-09 11:20 PM
    instead of posting links could you acutally answer his question. And even with those adaptors dont you still have to choose which one you are using. In other words the card you have selected will be the one that you can make and receive calls on, and the one that is not selected all calls will be sent to voicemail. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.
    06-27-09 11:47 PM
    Thats pretty crazy...

I was just going to suggest forwarding calls to the 2nd line...

Thats pretty much what I would have to do for my Sprint lines... I don't like carrying two phones with me all the time.
    and yes, the forwarding works but dont you get charged double minutes because you are using 2 lines at once. The line being forwarded and the line your answering the forwarded calls on.
    06-27-09 11:49 PM
    and yes, the forwarding works but dont you get charged double minutes because you are using 2 lines at once. The line being forwarded and the line your answering the forwarded calls on.
    you get charged for the call for the Call Forwarding service, but I believe the mins come off the line being using to answer the call. So they don't double dip your mins.
    06-28-09 12:12 AM
    you get charged for the call for the Call Forwarding service, but I believe the mins come off the line being using to answer the call. So they don't double dip your mins.
    last time I checked into doing this for business I was told that you would get charged for both because you are actually using both lines.
    06-28-09 01:09 AM
    last time I checked into doing this for business I was told that you would get charged for both because you are actually using both lines.
    I haven't done call forwarding with my phones for years, so I could be out of date. Back then, it was a charge for each time a call was forwarded to the other line (15cents)... and the mins just came off of the line you used to answer the call. (this is for Sprint).

Call Forwarding is simply rerouting your call to another line..So it would make no sense to double dip your mins when you use call forwarding.

Again this was for Sprint and I could be out of date.

I did a quick search on the Sprint forums and it looks like Call Forwarding is billed by usage by min. (20cents a min) for the service
    Last edited by StraightWisdom; 06-28-09 at 01:33 AM.
    06-28-09 01:27 AM
    I know at least one of the iclone phones can take 2 sim cards at once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 01:33 AM
    instead of posting links could you acutally answer his question. And even with those adaptors dont you still have to choose which one you are using. In other words the card you have selected will be the one that you can make and receive calls on, and the one that is not selected all calls will be sent to voicemail. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.
    because why should i do his research for him? the dualsim link looks like you need to manually switch between one line and the other. i dont think you can have both active at one time on one network on one handset.
    06-28-09 02:05 AM
    There he goes again: dictoresno, we are here to actually HELP people, you know? Not nag about their unabiltiy to find things. That's now twice I see such ofhand remarks from you. You are really giving one **** of a picture about the help to be expected from this forum. I would recommend that you make a choice for yourself: either answer a help request politely and with patience (like most of us do), or say nothing at all.

No one likes to be cut down like you do it.

Greetings,

Archer

06-28-09 03:29 AM
    im all for helping people out. why dont you read through all my posts, not just those two. i think posting those links is better than anyone could explain here. the one duosim link offers a guide on how it works with pictures and shows its benefits. if the OP took two minutes to read it, he would be able to conclude that what he wants (have both lines active at one time) cant be done with that product. not to mention i dont think it can be dont at all since the IMEI can only be in use on one network at one time with one SIM card.

operating dual sim phones is rare and doesnt come up on this forum often. i was able to google his answer and posted a relavent link to what he was looking for, even though it wont work the way he wanted it to. i think i answered his question just fine.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-28-09 at 04:29 AM.
    06-28-09 04:27 AM
    and not to mention, this thread is in the totally wrong forum as it has nothin to do with blackberry news or rumors. it would be alot more helpful for the newest members to actually read the plethora of information regarding the forum to maximize their experience here. i guess the one time i shut my mouth instead of also pointing out forum rules/searching and i get attacked for merely posting a link.
    06-28-09 04:48 AM
    I happen to agree with you on your last post. But as a newbie, I can very well imagine that you are really swamped with information and all the stuff you have to sift through to get to that one little piece of information you need. And not all of us have the ability to search for the right things. I was overwhelmed completely when I first tried to find my way with the BB.

The good thing is that I have a talent for such things and got it sorted out within two weeks. But not all of us have that patience or such a talent. There are users that even have trouble to program their VCR on their own. Those people simply need patience and time and dedication. This has to come from us, the fellow users.

This has a great share in how a user experiences a platform. That was ie why I was so put off with Windows mobile, Symbian UIQ and Palm. The communities are quite often outright rude amongst each other and I just would not want that to happen to the Crackberry's.

06-28-09 06:15 AM
    BTW, this last post of mine was in no way thought to insult the OP or people who have trouble operating technical devices.

06-28-09 06:16 AM
    well i have been around forums since 1998 and understand forum policy and rules. i know from being the member of dozens of forums, searching is vital. my first few days here i was searching and reading up on the Bold, 4 months before i even bought it, let alone even started posting on a regular basis. by the end of my first week, i was well versed enough from searching and googling, i was able to unbrand my own phone with only a single PM to another user. so yes, ive been around forums enough to know to search and use other means to obtain information. i only start a new thread when all else fails. and if new users also took advantage of following in these footsteps as well, we would have lots of less repetitious posts that will ultimately just lead to them getting locked by mods who also tell them to search. so no, like i said, i wont do his research for him. but i did point him in the right direction with a hint that a simple google search, the first 4 sites that showed up gave him his answer.

i resent your comments, and if you are around here as much as i am, it does get old answering the same threads to the point where people dont even wanna answer anymore and just say to search. patients does go a long way....but only goes so far my friend. people are helpful the first 20 times something get answered. after that it begins to become a moot point to just keep answering them. when i used to moderate another forum, similar threads were deleted, locked or merged to prevent a flood of the same things.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-28-09 at 06:36 AM.
    06-28-09 06:33 AM
    The link is for something that requires a manual switch between 2 separate cards - not really that useful to me.

Seems like it is impossible to get two numbers to ring to the same phone at the same time.
    06-28-09 11:40 PM

Seems like it is impossible to get two numbers to ring to the same phone at the same time.

ding ding ding, we have a winner.

that would be the correct answer
    06-29-09 12:08 AM
    yup cuz like i said, i think only one IMEI can be authorized at one time with authentication from one SIM on the same network. imagine its like 2 people trying to share one car at the same time but both wanna go different ways. cant happen. only one driver can be driving in one direction at one given time.
    06-29-09 02:29 AM
    If you want a phone that uses 2 SIM cards, and doesn't charge you for forwarding your calls, and other extra charges, then you will have to move away from the BB.
    The other 'semi-decent' phone that works with 2 SIM cards ion one phone is the Samsung SGH-D880 DuoS. Google it and see if it fits the bill?

That is my reply, and maybe it is worth something?
    06-29-09 07:18 AM
    If you want a phone that uses 2 SIM cards, and doesn't charge you for forwarding your calls, and other extra charges, then you will have to move away from the BB.
    The other 'semi-decent' phone that works with 2 SIM cards ion one phone is the Samsung SGH-D880 DuoS. Google it and see if it fits the bill?

That is my reply, and maybe it is worth something?

does this phone allow you to receive calls on either sim without having to change which one is being used? I think the OP was talking about using 2 phone lines on one phone and both being on at the same time and not having to select which number is active at the moment.
    06-29-09 10:58 PM
    This might have been said above but...

Call Forwarding uses minutes on BOTH numbers and your bill will show 2 minutes used for every minute talked if the call is forwarded.

I used call forwarding from one VZW number to another, since VZW (and most every other cell company) has free mobile-to-mobile minutes, it still uses 2 minutes per one minute of actual talk time, but only uses the 1st lines "peak" minutes.

The # called uses it's peak minutes when it connects to the billable number that is calling, then, when forwarding to the other number (that actually rings in your pocket), the 2nd # starts counting free mobile-to-mobile minutes.

Another work around would be to use a "My Circle" or "Family & Friends" number if you have Alltel or VZW, I don't believe other carriers have this feature.
    06-29-09 11:31 PM
    This may be more useful for you... I'm not sure if it will allow both numbers to ring your phone without switching between them but it seems more promising and easier than a dual SIM adapter.

Duosim | SUPERSIM 16-IN-1 SIM Card Cloner
    Last edited by eMpTy43; 06-30-09 at 12:00 AM.
    06-29-09 11:57 PM
    This may be more useful for you... I'm not sure if it will allow both numbers to ring your phone without switching between them but it seems more promising and easier than a dual SIM adapter.

Duosim | SUPERSIM 16-IN-1 SIM Card Cloner
    it says it only covers 900/1800/1900 mhz. since we also use 850 here, that might create an issue. not to mention, i think SIM cloning is illegal.
    06-30-09 04:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD