Dear all,

I hoping you could give me some advice about the different ways in which i could setup 2 email addresses on my new blackberry, involving Exchange and BES for one or both of the addresses, and in particular how this will effect syncing of contacts and calendars:

New member of staff has a curve 8900 on vodafone UK, and 2 email addresses:

1. Her company email address, which will not be used so much day to day, but important staff emails etc that she has to receive will be sent here. Currently on a hosted exchange server with BES.

2. Her project email address, which will be her primary email address day to day. Currently hosted by google apps for your domain, and accessed with the gmail blackberry app, but we can move the hosting of this email to our Exchange Server if we like.

I've looked through several threads, and so far my understanding of the options to have 2 email addresses are:

1. Try and setup two email addresses on BES - possible, but not officially supported by anyone.

2. Setup one email address on BES, and the other on BIS - this seems to be generally recommended over option one.

However, apart from the consistency of her email across her blackberry/outlook/owa etc, there doesn't seem to be much advice on the differences between these options to calendars and contacts.

Ideally I'd be looking to set things up so that her contacts and calendar are perfectly synced across both the accounts, with colleagues across the organisation able to share contacts and calendars etc. in the normal exchange way with her. Is this possible with either of the setups above?

If not, however, the calendar and contacts for her project email take precedence over the "company" one.

Therefore my hunch is that it might be better to put the "project" email over to our exchange server so that the calendar and contacts sync works as well as possible, and if setup access to her "company" email through a "secondary" BES account, or somehow through BIS? Or IMAP?

This is where my understanding runs out - any guidance that you may be able to give will be thoroughly appreciated, thank you!
    06-10-09 05:20 AM
    Hi

I am also on Vodafone UK, but only use BIS.

I use google as my main email, and use googlesync for the calender and contacts, I don't know if this is available for hosted domains.

If the project one is the most important and can be moved to a BES, have that as the BES one, and enable Outlook Web Access on the other account which will allow her to have both emails on her 8900. I am not sure about contacts/calenders this way.

Or if you can get googlesync for your domain, have the current BES one on BES, and access the google hosted one through BIS (Which you will have access to if you have BES enabled on your account). Then use googlesync for contacts and calenders.

I guess the one thats easiest to try out is the second option.

Have you asked over on the vodafone eForum?

Sorry I can't help more.
    06-10-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD