I have a BES that hosts multiple email domains. I'd like to be able to choose what email I reply from. I don't want to have to setup BIS accounts.

How can I do this?

Thanks!
    11-14-09 01:19 AM
    i know in OS 5, when you choose to reply to an email, it has a drop down menu on top with the email addy. i have 3 email addresses linked to my phone. however, when i click on the dropdown box, it still only shows the one email address. maybe theres a way to change that. if not, maybe you can forward it to your other email address and reply from there.
    11-14-09 01:50 AM
    It will only allow you to reply using the same email address in which it was addressed. Your best bet is to just set up the additional email accounts through BIS.
    11-14-09 08:35 AM
    You are trying to set up 2 BES email accounts on 1 device? Its a no go. 1 BES, 1 BB email (@carrier.blackberry.net) and up to 10 additional BIS emails for a total of 12 emails on a BlackBerry device.
    11-14-09 08:40 AM
    i know in OS 5, when you choose to reply to an email, it has a drop down menu on top with the email addy. i have 3 email addresses linked to my phone. however, when i click on the dropdown box, it still only shows the one email address. maybe theres a way to change that. if not, maybe you can forward it to your other email address and reply from there.
    I'm running 5.0.0.238 but I don't see what you are talking about.
    11-14-09 10:11 AM
    Only works with multiple e-mail addresses (BES/BIS) on the phone and an IT policy that allows this
    11-14-09 10:12 AM
    It will only allow you to reply using the same email address in which it was addressed.
    That is what I want.

My exchange server hosts domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com

My my AD account has aliases for user@domain1.com, user@domain2.com, and user@domain3.com. I receive e-mail for all 3 domains on my phone through my BES. I'd like to reply from user@domain2.com if the email was sent there. I just dont see the option to do that. I tested it yesterday by sending an email to user@domain2.com from a yahoo account. When I replied the yahoo account received an email from user@domain1.com which is my default email address in AD.

Does that make sense?
    11-14-09 10:15 AM
    These are only aliases? You wont be able to choose the send as unless the e-mail addresses are added to the phone through BIS
    11-14-09 10:23 AM
    These are only aliases? You wont be able to choose the send as unless the e-mail addresses are added to the phone through BIS
    If I use BIS I will not receive the email instantly.
    11-14-09 10:30 AM
    Are they POP accounts? IMAP (that supports IDLE) will come instantly.
    11-14-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD