So my husband and I both have the bb storms and I didnt realize that you couldnt share the same desktop manager or else your phone would get jacked up...thankfully that mess is taken care of...however I wanted to pull somethings off my phone but the computer wont let me add 2 desktop managers?? What do I do...any help much appreciated...
    10-05-09 11:56 AM
    There may be an easier way but are you doing it under the same windows account or separate ones? I THINK the DM stores the information in the local settings for the user.
    10-05-09 12:00 PM
    My wife has a curve and I have the storm and I always use the same DM for both. I do have two outlook accounts set up but only one DM on the PC and I have not yet had any issues. DM should see both pin and two different phones and let you pull of what you want. Make sure you don't have DM set you to auto sync when you plug in your phones.
    Last edited by sting5566; 10-05-09 at 12:07 PM.
    10-05-09 12:04 PM
    My wife and I share our DM too... No problems...
    10-05-09 12:22 PM
    You can share DM's, I have had 2 on mine quite a few times.
    10-05-09 12:24 PM
    As clearly stated above, two Blackberry's, no matter the models, could be
    used on the same desktop manager. What exactly has gotten "jacked up"?
    10-05-09 12:28 PM
    Yes you can do this. I just remember to mark my sons backups so they don't get crossed with mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 01:02 PM
    It sounds like the "jacked up" may have happened when backing up your device, and selecting your husband's backup file instead.

When sharing DM for multiple devices, it's always a good idea to slightly modify the file title that DM creates before it puts it on your desktop. Instead of the file reading: BACKUP (date).file, you can change it to read BACKUP-ME (date).file and likewise BACKUP-Husband (date).file

This has helped numerous times in the past when I've had to install a new OS on multiple devices and needed to keep a backup of each phone for "just in case". I hope this helps.
    10-05-09 01:14 PM
    I don't know what could be jacked up. DM identifies each BB by PIN. You'd have to select device switch or something like that to get "jacked up".
    10-05-09 01:16 PM
    I run 3 Curves and a Pearl off of one DM. The information and backups are separated by PIN, specifically, so I dunno why you would have troubles with...two...Storms...hmm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 01:18 PM
    I don't know what could be jacked up. DM identifies each BB by PIN. You'd have to select device switch or something like that to get "jacked up".
    You can restore any .ipd file that DM recognizes it you select it. The solution
    is they should each just rename those files when they're about to backup.
    10-05-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD