"Slave to Apple"... "I prefer Freedom"....."getting out of Apples grip"........These are just a few quotes from this rant...... Seriously...... You feel you are a slave to Apple??? really???....It is a CELL PHONE.... not a Gulag......Wake-up!!!! Enjoy your phone.. whatever phone.. They are all good!!!!
    You obviously don't understand what people mean by "enslaved" in context with Apple. For example I can download any given file format media from random sources to my Z10 and can stream them wirelessly to random vendors external hardware (like my recently purchased WD TV Live media player for example). Or the other way around, I hit the settings on my Z10, activate Media Sharing and can simply access any media files on my phone wirelessly on the media player without even touching it. This won't work with iPhones, iPads or iPods.
    03-07-14 10:14 AM
    You obviously don't understand what people mean by "enslaved" in context with Apple. For example I can download any given file format media from random sources to my Z10 and can stream them wirelessly to random vendors external hardware (like my recently purchased WD TV Live media player for example). Or the other way around, I hit the settings on my Z10, activate Media Sharing and can simply access any media files on my phone wirelessly on the media player without even touching it. This won't work with iPhones, iPads or iPods.
    Hey does that media player lag at all with the sound? Or are you just transferring files back and forth. I have a WD 1tb My Passport hard drive I use through USB OTG, and Miracast to a Netgear miracast receiver.

I have noticed that the sound doesn't seem to sync up with various format when I'm playing movies, it's actually quite annoying. I know it's not the Netgear because I've just used the HDMI cable instead. It seems the phone doesn't cache enough to play properly. Idk

Zed30
    03-07-14 10:41 AM
    The specific apps, did you googled them and after you found them, you dropped your phone and bought an iPhone, or you accidentally discovered them after buying an itoy and you decided to bash BlackBerry because these apps are not available?

Ironic...
    If you seriously want me to take you seriously, drop the iToy argument. It's childish

And NO I did not just drop the BB and find out that the apps I needed are on BBOS. Had you READ ANYTHING I wrote, you'd see that I needed two specific apps for work on my phone and BBOS doesn't offer them.

Grow up.

What? It clearly states she needs two specific apps for work. That tells me her superiors told her she needed access to these apps, or she saw her colleagues using them. The company I work for produces some really neat productivity apps (an agenda app, a web/video/text conferencing app, and an app for our internal social network to name a few) and as of now most of them are only available for iOS with promise of Android support down the line. So much for the "itoy" thing, right?
    And yes, I needed these two specific apps. We were given option of some Android phones or an iPhone. IS told us at the beginning of the year we had until X date to drop our BBs or they couldn't support us anymore for emails and other things we use our phones to do.
    pantlesspenguin and bbq10l like this.
    03-07-14 10:50 AM
    I have a 19 year old girl. Last year she wanted a new phone. Didn't want an iPhone one of her friends has one and she said it sucks. Didn't want a Z10 no snap chat and a few other apps that are must haves. Got her a HTC one. Has several cases for it but is upset it doesn't have a bigger selection of cheap cases.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 12:03 PM
    Blah Bah Blah........Just enjoy your Blackberry... It's great...Awesome, Fantastic..... enjoy your freedom!!!
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-07-14 01:18 PM
    "Slave to Apple" is a metafora that perfectly describes the sacrifice and financial engagement you have to make to enjoy your Apple's products.
    Apple environment is a closed one, you kinda have to turn everything into Apple at home to enjoy your Apple devices.
    I understand fully what it means... I was commenting on how dramatic and emotional people get over this....... No one say's "I'm a slave to Nike" because they like Adidas running shoes....

I also understand the "sacrifice" those poor Apple users face on a daily basis.....Give me a break....
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-07-14 01:25 PM
    I have a 19 year old girl. Last year she wanted a new phone. Didn't want an iPhone one of her friends has one and she said it sucks. Didn't want a Z10 no snap chat and a few other apps that are must haves. Got her a HTC one. Has several cases for it but is upset it doesn't have a bigger selection of cheap cases.

Posted via CB10
    theres thousands of HTC One cases $20 and cheaper on ebay lol
    03-07-14 04:18 PM
    At the end of the day, what mobile platform a person chooses is their choice.

It's about time we respected that instead of bashing people because they use something different.
    anon(5061193), bbq10l and TgeekB like this.
    03-07-14 04:24 PM
    At the end of the day, what mobile platform a person chooses is their choice.

It's about time we respected that instead of bashing people because they use something different.
    Where did you ever come up with that weird idea?????

BTW, I agree with you.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-07-14 04:54 PM
    Maybe we & BlackBerry shouldn't concern ourselves too much with this demographic.

BlackBerries aren't toys or fashion items but serious tools.

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    03-08-14 12:15 PM
    Maybe we & BlackBerry shouldn't concern ourselves too much with this demographic.

BlackBerries aren't toys or fashion items but serious tools.

It's a demographic that they need to capture eventually though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 03:48 PM
    The z10 was made to compete with the iPhones and androids. Every time the blackberry fan boy's talk about how it's not meant as a toy, but a business machine, they do more damage to the brand than any apple or Android lover's trash talking. I'm sure it makes you all feel better about yourselves pretending to me multi millionaire business moguls, but honestly, BlackBerry would kill for a small tasting for the 15yr old girl demographic, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The only reason they have changed gears again, is because they realize the challenges of breaking back in. So go on about tools not toys, and proper business machine, but you're only hurting blackberry and reinforcing what everyone else is saying.
    bbq10l and TgeekB like this.
    03-08-14 03:58 PM
    This is the same issue as Linux on desktops. It isn't popular because there isn't enough app support and games.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 04:07 PM
    The z10 was made to compete with the iPhones and androids. Every time the blackberry fan boy's talk about how it's not meant as a toy, but a business machine, they do more damage to the brand than any apple or Android lover's trash talking. I'm sure it makes you all feel better about yourselves pretending to me multi millionaire business moguls, but honestly, BlackBerry would kill for a small tasting for the 15yr old girl demographic, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The only reason they have changed gears again, is because they realize the challenges of breaking back in. So go on about tools not toys, and proper business machine, but you're only hurting blackberry and reinforcing what everyone else is saying.
    Also ironic that here in the UK 5 years back almost every 15 year old had a blackberry, BBM had taken the youth market by storm
    Now that they have mostly left for iPhone /android its suddenly a serious business tool again ;-)
    03-08-14 04:11 PM
    Also ironic that here in the UK 5 years back almost every 15 year old had a blackberry, BBM had taken the youth market by storm
    Now that they have mostly left for iPhone /android its suddenly a serious business tool again ;-)
    I would agree if people knew how to use their smartphones... lol the majority don't

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 04:18 PM
    Posters on tech boards often get too caught up with the intricacies of technology. There are plenty of normal individuals who just want a phone with a nice case. You shouldn't deride them for that.

Taking a couple more seconds to do this or that (like load a webpage) on the phone doesn't actually have a material impact on the day to day lives of most people. It doesn't actually make you much "smarter" than another person just because they use a less efficient OS.

Also, just because the person wants an Apple phone to use cool cases doesn't make them "sheep" or "slaves" to a brand. They'd just as well choose Blackberry if it had a bunch of cool cases; but, iPhone just happens to be the most popular phone and have the most standardized phone proportions.

If your niece/child/relative/etc. wants an iPhone (or other phone) to accessorize, I say let her. Letting your loved one use an inferior phone does not actually harm anyone and forcing your preference amongst other people makes you come off as unreasonable. It's her phone, it's her choice. Don't be that guy.
    03-08-14 04:21 PM
    I would agree if people knew how to use their smartphones... lol the majority don't

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Goes to show though, you only need one killer feature to win over a market.
    My biggest sadness is I'm sure the TAT guys had it in their locker but it was never allowed to see the light of day.
    03-08-14 04:29 PM
    So funny! Trying to be logical with a 15 yr old girl about a social status symbol is like trying to explain individual choice to a borg. I know I have two teenage daughters. To them and many others phones are functional jewelry. Decisions are made emotionally and then justified (rationalized) logically for most.
    Social status statement and fashion statement are the EXACT SAME THING.

Did you think the Chinese millionaire wives snap up their Gucci bags to convey they are wealthy because the bags are so eye-gougingly hideous? Or are the clutches extravagant fashion statements used to disguise the wives as herpes-infested hookers?
    03-08-14 04:30 PM
    It's a demographic that they need to capture eventually though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Why?

BlackBerry grew to be THE mobility manufacturer by catering for business users. As soon a they tried to capture regular consumers things went wrong.

I'd say: "concentrate on what you're good at"

03-08-14 04:32 PM
    Why?

BlackBerry grew to be THE mobility manufacturer by catering for business users. As soon a they tried to capture regular consumers things went wrong.

I'd say: "concentrate on what you're good at"

Not the case. The business device translated very successfully into the consumer market, built a lot on the take up of bbm. It's only when they stagnated their popularity has plummeted.
    03-08-14 04:56 PM
    Not everyone is going to want a BlackBerry, or an iPhone or...fill in the blank. Honestly, why can't we be okay with that? We don't all drive the same brand of car, or eat the same food, or go to the same college, so why do some people think that unless you have a BlackBerry you're an "iSheep", or unless you have an iPhone you're out of touch etc.? I have a Q10 and an iPhone 5 and like them both for different reasons and uses. My family all have iPhones, and they like them and are happy with them for what they are. There are times they wish they had BlackBerries again, but their usage patterns clearly put them in the "iPhone makes more sense for them" category. They use BBM, so we get along just fine. Different doesn't necessarily mean wrong, a lot of times...it just means different.
    Sir, you've restored my faith in humanity...

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 04:59 PM
    This is the same issue as Linux on desktops. It isn't popular because there isn't enough app support and games.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I have all the apps I need on my BB10 and on my Linux desktop. Ta, muchly.

Don't assume everyone wants to sideload Android games!!
    03-08-14 05:56 PM
    BB10 devices are hideous ? Really...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They said IF it were hideous, not that is it.
    03-08-14 06:44 PM
    I have all the apps I need on my BB10 and on my Linux desktop. Ta, muchly.

Don't assume everyone wants to sideload Android games!!
    That's not the assumption. The assumption is native apps. Linux usually resorts to having a windows VM to have all the needed apps. And gaming is important when it comes to pushing hardware graphics.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 07:59 PM
    And welcome to the spoiled bubble wrapped generation... Get a backbone and be a parent not a friend

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-09-14 07:22 AM
210 ... 6789