Young children (9-15) don't care about security. Might as well buy her the toy she wants.
    Oh yeah? BlackBerry thinks their customers are old and dying...no fun at all neither useful apps for photographers...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 02:38 PM
    I have to listen and talk to people under the age of 25. I call it parenting.

I also call it moderating. It would be extraordinarily rude to dismiss a member because they're under this age 'restriction'. I think it's a good idea to foster mutual respect. It makes for better overall relationships.

The way u type is funny...so classy lol!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 02:40 PM
    So funny! Trying to be logical with a 15 yr old girl about a social status symbol is like trying to explain individual choice to a borg. I know I have two teenage daughters. To them and many others phones are functional jewelry. Decisions are made emotionally and then justified (rationalized) logically for most.

The Beatles, New Kids on The Block, Justin Bieber, One Direction, I could go on.
    03-06-14 05:17 PM
    You guys would not get a BlackBerry phone neither if it was hideous.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:25 PM
    You guys would not get a BlackBerry phone neither if it was hideous.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 devices are hideous ? Really...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 05:29 PM
    I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:55 PM
    I would have mentioned the fact that the back case of the device is removable. I know it would look kind of weird but she could apply a different battery door cover.
    03-06-14 09:35 PM
    At least the Z10 has case options. Trying to find a decent one for the Z30 (even in the Crackberry store) is like trying to find the Holy Grail. They aren't many options to choose from.
    03-06-14 09:42 PM
    Wow.............
    03-06-14 09:49 PM
    teens girls want cute cases, cute emoji and in the teen girl segment the same phone as others in their social circle. Most times thats an Iphone.
    BBM has better emoticons IMO.
    03-06-14 10:27 PM
    teens girls want cute cases, cute emoji and in the teen girl segment the same phone as others in their social circle. Most times thats an Iphone.
    My daughter's the exception, she's at high school and has a Q10 unlike her friends who all have iPhone's.

She even got her friends to install BBM so they can stay in contact.

She users Remember/Evernote/Calender to stay organised and on-time.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-06-14 10:58 PM
    Okay, it's silly, yes. But this kid is only 15.

Also, I'm a 24 year-old female who prefers security over style; but I do love cases (for protection and for aesthetics). CrackBerry has some really nice cases for the Q10. I'm fine with what I see available for the Q10. Sure, iPhone has nice cases and much more variety - kinda sad - but I'm not switching my phone because of a case. But again, this kid is only 15. We all thought silly thoughts or acted differently when we were that age!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-06-14 11:51 PM
    Got my 15 year old son a Z10 because he wanted out from Apple's grip and hated the fact he had to use iTunes to manage his music.
    Not all youth are sheep and I never prompted him towards BlackBerry, the initial taunting from peers lasted like half a second until they saw what his Z10 could do over a iPhone or Samsung. And having Snap on his Z10 shut them up even faster about the 'App Gap'.

Z10 10.2.1.1925 via CB10
    I don't get why people even care/make fun of others for having a phone that's different from theirs, or a phone that "they don't like." It doesn't matter what they like - they didn't buy the phone! It's based on what the user wants, not what they want! AUGH!!!! This makes me so angry!

I'm glad your son likes his Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 12:02 AM
    Let's be honest, the iPhone is the best phone in terms of general user experience. You can do a lot, it's small and has lots of apps and services. The only problem is the price and, for some people, limited flexibility in terms of screen size and data access.

Posted via CB10
    Ha yeah? Really? You can't get outta the Apple system. You are a prisoner of Apple. Sorry I prefer freedom.

Plus you can't read many music or video format. Many people use the .Flac format and It's not supported by Apple.
    Apple:
    You don't have NFC. Lmao. While you will wait in the lane with your errand, I will check in sliding my NFC chip against a NFC reader and bye bye waste of time lol.
    Do you pay your parking ticket with the old money + paper receipt or you just NFC pay and it's automatically withdrawed from your bank account? Plus it's more ecological....

It takes me 1 second to pay.
    03-07-14 12:51 AM
    And there's the obligatory toy argument.

Sorry, but when I was in the age bracket mentioned, I had BBs. Numerous BBs. Curves. Bolds. Storm2. They were all black. Then my Storm2 got on my last nerve and I got a black iPhone.

Thanks for lumping all women in that age group into the airhead category. Much obliged.

I guess now that I'm past the bracket by a few years, I'm still an airhead but a much older airhead because I've got an iPhone.

I also know several "Nerds" who only carry iPhones or only carry Androids and refuse to even come near a BB. BB can be a nerd phone as much as an iPhone or Android can.

Seriously? The toy argument. Again?

My BB couldn't even compete in the same league as what my iPhone can do and no, not just for Angry Birds. I use two specific apps for work that are NOT available on BB which is why I dumped my Storm for an iPhone. IS won't let us side load or whatever it is BB people do to get Android apps on a BB and we shouldn't have to. Why should we? Not to mention the fact our IS department stopped supporting BB devices two years ago.

I chose the phone that was best for me. I really don't understand why that's a problem for everyone. I don't give a ---- what the person next to me in line at Wal-Mart is using or the fact that my 8 year old niece got an iPhone for Christmas. I can and will always choose what's best for me.
    The specific apps, did you googled them and after you found them, you dropped your phone and bought an iPhone, or you accidentally discovered them after buying an itoy and you decided to bash BlackBerry because these apps are not available?

Ironic...
    03-07-14 12:58 AM
    I don't really see how a BlackBerry phone is safer than an iPhone if you don't have BES.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:56 AM
    Could have as well got her a pink Q5, or better still get her an array of different case designs and colours so she can accessorise the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 05:06 AM
    I don't really see how a BlackBerry phone is safer than an iPhone if you don't have BES.

Posted via CB10
    There are no hackers seeking security holes in a platform that's barely owned by their potential targets?
    03-07-14 05:45 AM
    "Slave to Apple"... "I prefer Freedom"....."getting out of Apples grip"........These are just a few quotes from this rant...... Seriously...... You feel you are a slave to Apple??? really???....It is a CELL PHONE.... not a Gulag......Wake-up!!!! Enjoy your phone.. whatever phone.. They are all good!!!!
    03-07-14 06:15 AM
    Seriously, are you guys going to debate the rationality of what a 15 year old girl wants?
    Only a fool tries to rationalise the thoughts and actions of 15 year old girls.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-07-14 06:39 AM
    "Slave to Apple"... "I prefer Freedom"....."getting out of Apples grip"........These are just a few quotes from this rant...... Seriously...... You feel you are a slave to Apple??? really???....It is a CELL PHONE.... not a Gulag......Wake-up!!!! Enjoy your phone.. whatever phone.. They are all good!!!!
    "Slave to Apple" is a metafora that perfectly describes the sacrifice and financial engagement you have to make to enjoy your Apple's products.
    Apple environment is a closed one, you kinda have to turn everything into Apple at home to enjoy your Apple devices.
    03-07-14 06:40 AM
    The specific apps, did you googled them and after you found them, you dropped your phone and bought an iPhone, or you accidentally discovered them after buying an itoy and you decided to bash BlackBerry because these apps are not available?

Ironic...
    What? It clearly states she needs two specific apps for work. That tells me her superiors told her she needed access to these apps, or she saw her colleagues using them. The company I work for produces some really neat productivity apps (an agenda app, a web/video/text conferencing app, and an app for our internal social network to name a few) and as of now most of them are only available for iOS with promise of Android support down the line. So much for the "itoy" thing, right?
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-07-14 06:55 AM
    It makes sense. After the last ios update it is meant for children

Bright colourful icons etc etc.

Blackberry isn't focusing on that demographic unfortunately.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-07-14 06:58 AM
    Okay, it's silly, yes. But this kid is only 15.

Also, I'm a 24 year-old female who prefers security over style; but I do love cases (for protection and for aesthetics). CrackBerry has some really nice cases for the Q10. I'm fine with what I see available for the Q10. Sure, iPhone has nice cases and much more variety - kinda sad - but I'm not switching my phone because of a case. But again, this kid is only 15. We all thought silly thoughts or acted differently when we were that age!

Posted via CB10
    IMO I just think that age group (High School) is thee most important age group there is, even though it may not be the most profitable. This is primarily the age that they first get entrench into an ecosystem.

I'm really hoping the Z3 comes in different colours. Copy Apple release some vibrant colours. It should be hard to find a Black Z3, and easy to find a white, gold, blue, red... etc. Also make sure there is some trendy cases available where they sell.

Zed30
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-07-14 06:59 AM
    Lol this made me laugh but her reaction is normal. If I'm teenager I wouldn't care how productive I can do with the phone. I would care about how cool it is to have an iphone. It's like a fashion statement. There was a time when many teenagers also wanted a blackberry.

via Q10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-07-14 07:53 AM
210 ... 56789