yeah and if she had an iPhone and wanted a bby you'd say that her dad should but it for her immediately and set it up for her right away, but since it's an iPhone "who cares what she wants!"
    Actually no, considering she received it as a gift out of the goodness of someone's heart that didn't have too, she should just appreciate it.

This isn't a commentary about her or the phone to me, just saying that we live in a world today where people often take gifts for granted. I see it all the time. Often they turn up their nose at it or in some cases are rude about it.

Meanwhile when someone gives me something even if it Isn't what I wanted I do my best to enjoy it. Like a certain leather satchel my old coworkers gave me. It looks like a massive purse! But I still cart the thing around with me cause my former coworkers joined together to get me something nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:48 AM
    I think it's time BB finally realised somethings wrong... I love my Z30 and BB10 OS but a friend got the yellow 5c today and tbh.. I can see why. it's screams young and trendy, and all the bright colours in ios compliment it, BlackBerry need a major UI change I know it's only been in the market a year but in comparison to ios and android its looks dark and gloomy and not very attractive though the functionality is there it lacks appeal as far as looks & physical appearance go's if blackberry make a great looking phone and pay a lot of attention to detail big and small, revamp BB10 mainly visually but also add new features somewhat like ios did? Come on guys you invented the smartphone, you lead the industry, the competitors couldn't even touch you at one point, it's time to take back what's rightfully yours!! #TeamBlackBerry
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-06-14 07:50 AM
    transform shell

15 yr old niece wants to trade in her Z10 for iPhone because it has cooler cases.-13567.jpg

Girls are more into style/colors more than guys generally, so makes kinda sense. Get her these maybe, I got the white one and looks great. But who knows what she may like. Good luck!
    03-06-14 08:12 AM
    transform shell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13567.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	253199

Girls are more into style/colors more than guys generally, so makes kinda sense. Get her these maybe, I got the white one and looks great. But who knows what she may like. Good luck!
    This cases are nice in the world of BlackBerry. But for a teenager, it's just so so. A phone is more than just a communicating device to average teenager. It's also a fashion accessory. Unless they come from a wealthy family that can afford to change phone every month. Changing the case is the next best thing and most affordable. Go browse any Iphone cases, there are literally thousands upon thousands to choose from. So no. It's not about communication, it's not about the better device. It's about following trend and how to outshine their peers in the battle of coolness.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-06-14 08:21 AM
    You are Probably one of those guys who got a camaro for his 14th birthday and now can't fathom why some parents wouldn't give in to a kid's demand or why they would only buy things they feel is good and still affordable.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry you were so deprived as a child and failed to receive small luxuries from your parents. I believe from your prior posts you are still in college? Don't worry- you'll grow up and have a family soon enough. Then you too can cram your likes and dislikes down your kid's throats; withhold things from them to prove a point and disappoint your daughter all so you can feel like a real man and show everybody who is BOSS.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:31 AM
    People on this rant are blinded by their hatred for anything NON Blackberry.... Any of these phones are nothing more than trinkets that we all love to buy.... It is a consumer product.. like a pair of sneakers.... sure some are better than others in certain ways... but when you get down to it..... the better looking one will outsell the ugly one.... Marketing works and Apple is the master....They made the iphone synonymous with hip and trendy......Blackberry had the field to themselves a few years back and blew it... and the are trying to crawl back into the game....I support them and continue to buy virtually everything they put out.... but they are hardly a blip on the radar anymore
    bbq10l and bambinoitaliano like this.
    03-06-14 08:31 AM
    I think it's time BB finally realised somethings wrong... I love my Z30 and BB10 OS but a friend got the yellow 5c today and tbh.. I can see why. it's screams young and trendy, and all the bright colours in ios compliment it, BlackBerry need a major UI change I know it's only been in the market a year but in comparison to ios and android its looks dark and gloomy and not very attractive though the functionality is there it lacks appeal as far as looks & physical appearance go's if blackberry make a great looking phone and pay a lot of attention to detail big and small, revamp BB10 mainly visually but also add new features somewhat like ios did? Come on guys you invented the smartphone, you lead the industry, the competitors couldn't even touch you at one point, it's time to take back what's rightfully yours!! #TeamBlackBerry
    Agreed. The UI actually reminds me a lot of the original iPhone UI. Deeper dark colours. Nothing that really stands out.

It's actually why I like windows phone so much. It's unique and different. Plus functional.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-06-14 08:41 AM
    Yep the UI needs an overhaul, visually. Brighter (but not childish like iOS).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:56 AM
    Buy all the stuff BlackBerry at ShopCrackBerry. Just saying.
    03-06-14 09:14 AM
    Young children (9-15) don't care about security. Might as well buy her the toy she wants.
    And there's the obligatory toy argument.

....which is exactly what I discover every day multiple times. Young girls and young women (15-30 of age) carry white iPhones or white Galaxy S devices to like 95%. This is basically where Apple and Samsung make their money. Not with nerds.
    Sorry, but when I was in the age bracket mentioned, I had BBs. Numerous BBs. Curves. Bolds. Storm2. They were all black. Then my Storm2 got on my last nerve and I got a black iPhone.

Thanks for lumping all women in that age group into the airhead category. Much obliged.

I guess now that I'm past the bracket by a few years, I'm still an airhead but a much older airhead because I've got an iPhone.

I also know several "Nerds" who only carry iPhones or only carry Androids and refuse to even come near a BB. BB can be a nerd phone as much as an iPhone or Android can.

Blackberry can't compete within the consumer market, that's what got them in trouble in the first place. Kids gotta have their toys, and that what their parents get them, toys. Hopefully once these kids get older and more serious about their own personal info, credit card #'s, etc...They will see the benefit in a blackberry.
    If you give them a blackberry, z10, q10, what have you, tell them "Make it work. Sorry but if you want an android or iPhone, go ahead and buy it." Tell them to have threir friends dl BBM, or install Android apps that will help them communicate cross platform. They'll figure it out.
    Gotta stop the comparsion between Blackberry and all others and show the capabilities of the devices everyday. People will then start talking about how their devices can't do what blackberry does.
    Seriously? The toy argument. Again?

My BB couldn't even compete in the same league as what my iPhone can do and no, not just for Angry Birds. I use two specific apps for work that are NOT available on BB which is why I dumped my Storm for an iPhone. IS won't let us side load or whatever it is BB people do to get Android apps on a BB and we shouldn't have to. Why should we? Not to mention the fact our IS department stopped supporting BB devices two years ago.

I chose the phone that was best for me. I really don't understand why that's a problem for everyone. I don't give a ---- what the person next to me in line at Wal-Mart is using or the fact that my 8 year old niece got an iPhone for Christmas. I can and will always choose what's best for me.
    03-06-14 09:22 AM
    I'm sorry you were so deprived as a child and failed to receive small luxuries from your parents. I believe from your prior posts you are still in college? Don't worry- you'll grow up and have a family soon enough. Then you too can cram your likes and dislikes down your kid's throats; withhold things from them to prove a point and disappoint your daughter all so you can feel like a real man and show everybody who is BOSS.

Posted via CB10
    I plan on doing just that. If I'm paying for it, I reserve some right to decide what is good and not good.

I still have friends that use fliphones as well as those with $90 iPhone bills every month. Everyone makes choices.

If my kid NEEDS something I'll buy it. If it's just for the sake of luxury, I'm buying what I feel is good.. if they don't like it, they can always save up like responsible children and buy it when they save up enough

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:25 AM
    You sound like a parent who produces some of the same entitled spoiled brats I see on a daily basis. Good luck with that - they'll be living in your basement the rest of your life because they will be unemployable. I'm dealing with that right now. Young 20 something kids applying for jobs wondering why they can't start at $20 / hour with no education or experience. When I ask them where they ever got that idea - they said their parents told them that's what they are worth.

I lol'd at them to their face.

Posted via CB10
    And you still haven't learned that a phone is not important, yet you, like others on this site, don't understand that BlackBerry is not an issue of epic proportions. You don't know anything about me. I was raised with loving giving parents who would not have denied me something so trivial as a choice in phones. I have six degrees and one Ivy League and make FAR MORE than $20 an hour. They certainly are my example for parenting. However, you sound just hateful and abusive. I hope to God you don't have kids.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:57 AM
    you folks need to give it a rest, its a phone you're bickering over, a freaking phone!...I'm sure the most of us are grown men and women here, arguing over a phone and cases, that sh1t is whack
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-06-14 10:05 AM
    My daughter who is 12 is the same way. She didn't want the Z10 because it didn't come in different colors (Lime Green) or have "cute cases." Granted, she does want my Z30, but is afraid of being teased for having an " Old People Dinosaur phone." Hopefully by the time the Z50 comes out they'll have better phone cases for the Z30 that appeal to my daughter's age range.
    03-06-14 10:13 AM
    Lol apple defending at work hard core.. you are on a BlackBerry fan site, idk what you expected to see

Posted via CB10
    I love my Blackberry (s) but I also like my Galaxy Note 3 and my Iphone 5S...... it is good to hear from people that are not so single-minded..
    bbq10l and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-06-14 11:08 AM
    Well shes 15 so this makes a lot of sense.

You should never listen or talk to anyone under 25 seriously. Their knowledge/logic/reasoning will be a waste of time. Thats why I usually ask people their age early in the convo so I know to tune out and daze into space

Thats my PRO tip of the day.
    rubyslipperss likes this.
    03-06-14 11:37 AM
    Let's dispense with the personal slapfest before the thread gets a lock and members begin collecting valuable points and free vacations.
    deezy87 and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-06-14 11:59 AM

You should never listen or talk to anyone under 25 seriously. Their knowledge/logic/reasoning will be a waste of time. Thats why I usually ask people their age early in the convo so I know to tune out and daze into space

Seriously? How rude.

You're basing knowledge/logic/reasoning on age. So when someone turns 26 they magically gain all the knowledge/logic/reasoning in the world they'll ever need and before that age, they're morons? How old are you exactly?

No, I wouldn't let a teenager tell me what kind of phone to get, what kind of car to drive or what kind of TV to buy. I would however take into account what they think as well as taking into account what everyone else thinks. But it's my call.

I know several teenagers who are smarter and more mature than people I work with.
    anon(5061193) and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-06-14 12:10 PM

You must be a blast at parties and absolutely charming on dates.
    03-06-14 12:30 PM
    Normal ! Young people want to have what's cool !
    03-06-14 01:30 PM

Next time, please use "\sarcasm". Thank you in advance!
    03-06-14 01:33 PM
    transform shell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13567.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	253199

Thanks, I ordered her a white case-mate off Amazon at her request I will add, she said she will pay for it. Some people on here think that I ordered it just because she said she preferred a white phone or case. She said she couldn't find one in the malls, maybe she didn't look very hard idk. Anyway she has never bought anything online and I'm an avid online purchaser so I picked out one, sent her a BBM pic, she said "I like it" and I ordered it.

I'm her uncle not her Dad, so I'm allowed to spoil her a bit.

Zed30
    03-06-14 01:34 PM
    nothing against your thoughts on blackberry but thats not the customer they are going after. They want the established corporate business client. Thats the target. Teens in general will not be about 90 percent of the functionality of a blackberry.. they want things for the looks and cool factor. Although blackberry can be cool to some to a teen its just a phone that they can use to send pics and text. Even use as a phone is pretty limited. Blackberry already tried to go up the consumer road and failed because thats not what their phones are for. They are for 70-80 percent business use and 20-30 percent personal use. Thats the people they want buying the phone and no they arent going to win against apple in most cases or android even thats a whole other league. They dont have the resources to tackle those markets. Its David versus goliath. They already admitted thats not who they are marketing for. Sure if someone wants to take the time to explain some of the features to a teen they might be able to convert them but it takes time and in the long run they just want what there friends have in most cases anyway. So althought your thoughts makes sense i think your criticizing blackberry for nothing because thats not where they are going with their business model.
    Nice post and you make some good points, I know they said their business model is enterprise, but I think this was more to please the shareholders IMO. They are very much in the consumer market, just in different areas. BBM is highly geared towards consumers, but also making strides to be more enterprise friendly. QNX CAR Platform is also highly consumer based.

Your right that they can't compete with Apple or Samsung in the consumer device markets. It's mainly a financial matter it seems, but when they did market BB10 in the beginning it was done very poorly IMO. They weren't in touch with current trends. Idk I'm not in marketing so I'm no expert, but there must be other ways to stay trendy and create trends without spending enormous amounts of money on advertising.

Zed30
    03-06-14 01:54 PM
    when in doubt just add in the obligatory tools not toys argument. Man this thread is entertaining
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-06-14 02:07 PM
    I have to listen and talk to people under the age of 25. I call it parenting.

I also call it moderating. It would be extraordinarily rude to dismiss a member because they're under this age 'restriction'. I think it's a good idea to foster mutual respect. It makes for better overall relationships.
    03-06-14 02:17 PM
210 ... 45678 ...