Ugh, your taking it out of context. I bought myself a Z30 for xmas. My brother was going to get her a phone for xmas, but she's not responsible enough to be on contract, and buying a $600 iPhone was out of the question. I offered to go in with him for a phone and said why don't we give her my old Z10. He gave me $100 and that's what she got, a mid-high end used smartphone. It seemed better than getting her a $150 Android.

So it doesn't really matter what kind of phone she wanted, she gets what is affordable. Also I had know idea how much she was going to like it and if she would talk good or bad about it. Who cares really, it's in her hands, many of her friends are going see it and actually realize there IS a touchscreen BlackBerry out there. I think you seem to forget that pretty much nobody even knows about BlackBerry's new phones or the OS.

I guess I'm pushing the BlackBerry brand a bit, I don't see a problem with that. Maybe you would rather me just throw the Z10 in the drawer with my curve instead.

Zed30
    Makes more sense now. I don't even see it as you pushing Blackberry on her at all. You got a new phone and it made sense to give her your old phone. I don't see a problem with it and if she wants an iPhone she can get save some money and get one on her own. I didn't understand the full story but I get it now and didn't mean anything rude in my one comment.
    03-05-14 05:50 PM
    I don't believe you couldn't find a iphone for less than $650. You were honest when you said it was for brand awareness. Nothing like forcing grown up "men" preferences on a little girl. Now she gets to talk about and demonstrate to her friends the phone's shortcomings rather than moving on with an iphone and forgetting all about it. I'll bet if she ever gets rid of that thing, she'll never buy another. So much for brand awareness.

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 was $650 at the time in the Telus store and about $400 used online. Who's forcing? If I got her the Android would I be forcing that too? There's no way I could find a newer iPhone for $150. She wanted a phone for xmas, iPhone was not an option and she knew that before hand. She actually lucky she even got a phone, and she knows that too.

She never mentioned any shortcomings except some Android apps froze and it doesn't have cool cases.

Zed30
    03-05-14 05:53 PM
    Makes more sense now. I don't even see it as you pushing Blackberry on her at all. You got a new phone and it made sense to give her your old phone. I don't see a problem with it and if she wants an iPhone she can get save some money and get one on her own. I didn't understand the full story but I get it now and didn't mean anything rude in my one comment.
    No worries, I should have been more detailed.

Zed30
    03-05-14 05:55 PM
    Obsessed? You are so off base it's not even funny. Read my last couple posts.

Maybe not what you you want, but I would rather get a 7 month old perfect conditioned $650 smartphone with Ghost Armor and a extra battery instead of a $150 Android for xmas.

I'm not controlling her choices, she doesn't have any choices. iPhone was out of the question as its too expensive. She wanted a phone for xmas and it was either a Z10 or cheap Android.

FYI she's paying me for the case and she is happy with her phone. I just asked for her opinion and she said she prefers the iPhone.

Zed30
    Why are you making her pay for the case? You already gave her a used phone! This is not about what YOU would want; it's about what a KID wants. If you really cared about what she wanted, you would have bought her something else. This all about you. As you said-you just can't figure this out. You are coming across as an out of touch with reality "old" person. It is not hard to figure out. Most of the world doesn't want a BlackBerry. She's a kid who wanted something else. Instead of everyone bashing her, she should be praised for graciously accepting her BlackBerry when you dangled the possibility of an iphone to her and then dashed that. And why doesn't she have "choices"? Or does she only not have choices when it comes to forcing your "brand awareness" on her regarding phones? No choices?? Do you choose her clothes, friends, shoes, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:04 PM
    I have TONS of sites that I can recommend to you, especially if anyone else has daughter's, neices, etc that they want to buy cases for, a good example is Casefanatic. They even have sections for "for girls" because females love their accessories and they're capitalizing on it. Unfortunately, like most accesorries makers/sites, they will only stock for popular devices to make sure they sell them. Unfortunately, the BlackBerry line of devices isn't in the ranks.
    03-05-14 06:08 PM
    Why are you making her pay for the case? You already gave her a used phone! This is not about what YOU would want; it's about what a KID wants. If you really cared about what she wanted, you would have bought her something else. This all about you. As you said-you just can't figure this out. You are coming across as an out of touch with reality "old" person. It is not hard to figure out. Most of the world doesn't want a BlackBerry. She's a kid who wanted something else. Instead of everyone bashing her, she should be praised for graciously accepting her BlackBerry when you dangled the possibility of an iphone to her and then dashed that. And why doesn't she have "choices"? Or does she only not have choices when it comes to forcing your "brand awareness" on her regarding phones? No choices?? Do you choose her clothes, friends, shoes, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    No Thanks, I'm not going to get into a pointless battle with you. I suggest reading the thread.

Zed30
    03-05-14 06:21 PM
    No Thanks, I'm not going to get into a pointless battle with you. I suggest reading the thread.

Zed30
    Look- you started this ridiculous thread. What did you think was going to happen. Did you just expect praise from BlackBerry fanatics for forcing a BlackBerry on a teenager? If you can't handle a different viewpoint, don't start a thread- especially one that questions why a teenager wants or does anything.

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-05-14 06:27 PM
    BlackBerry has never been a trendy product for young people it was built for business. That being said it is very cool if you like black or white.
    Here in the UK BlackBerry WAS a trendy product for young people, it was a must have device.

Not anymore, the horse has long since bolted.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    03-05-14 06:39 PM
    Wait.

You fed her braindead, spoiled & ridiculous "preference" (read - demand) by BUYING her a white case?

Way to lead by example, bro. Real awesome.

I guess when she whines and stamps in two years about driving an "ugly" nice car you'll snag her up a Porsche to teach her a lesson.
    I need to know if you are a father..... It will tell me a lot
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-05-14 06:43 PM
    Perhaps she would still like the BlackBerry if you had never asked her if she would rather the iphone!

If I asked my kids that, they would think in their minds that dad probably wants to buy me one.

On another topic in this thread, my 3 boys did not get phones unless they bought them themselves. I want my kids to appreciate what hard work gets them.

When they did get a phone they were also taken away at night as I wanted them to get sleep for school. I also could not see what content they were browsing behind closed doors.

AmaZ30ed by my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    03-05-14 06:56 PM
    z10 still the best though.
    03-05-14 07:45 PM
    Not to forget peer pressure and the fact when you are young you mostly want to be liked by everyone no matter what it takes.
    03-05-14 10:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are Probably one of those guys who got a camaro for his 14th birthday and now can't fathom why some parents wouldn't give in to a kid's demand or why they would only buy things they feel is good and still affordable.

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-05-14 10:12 PM
    ....which is exactly what I discover every day multiple times. Young girls and young women (15-30 of age) carry white iPhones or white Galaxy S devices to like 95%. This is basically where Apple and Samsung make their money. Not with nerds.
    I am not a NERD!!!!!!!!
    03-05-14 10:30 PM
    There are very nice Z10 cases. Check out amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 11:39 PM
    nothing against your thoughts on blackberry but thats not the customer they are going after. They want the established corporate business client. Thats the target. Teens in general will not be about 90 percent of the functionality of a blackberry.. they want things for the looks and cool factor. Although blackberry can be cool to some to a teen its just a phone that they can use to send pics and text. Even use as a phone is pretty limited. Blackberry already tried to go up the consumer road and failed because thats not what their phones are for. They are for 70-80 percent business use and 20-30 percent personal use. Thats the people they want buying the phone and no they arent going to win against apple in most cases or android even thats a whole other league. They dont have the resources to tackle those markets. Its David versus goliath. They already admitted thats not who they are marketing for. Sure if someone wants to take the time to explain some of the features to a teen they might be able to convert them but it takes time and in the long run they just want what there friends have in most cases anyway. So althought your thoughts makes sense i think your criticizing blackberry for nothing because thats not where they are going with their business model.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-06-14 12:23 AM
    In the UK bb curves are (were) the teenage phone of choice. I have yet to see any of the kids in any of the football squads I'm involved in carry a bb10 handset, and I'm talking about 100 9-17 year olds.

The move to mostly Samsung handsets is obvious, BBM is still popular but not the fones.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    03-06-14 12:41 AM
    a long thread about teens and cool cases on phones.....we were teenagers once, and we didnt like what adults liked all the time. Nothing is wrong with that. BlackBerry for grown ups? Great-just make it a bit more fun and snazzy in between
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-06-14 01:02 AM
    My wife is on her third white blackberry, from a white Torch 9800, to a white 9810 and now 1 year on her white Z10 with a white flip case. the Z10 is actually her 5th blackberry device too and she loves it.
    I let her play with my iphone a couple of years ago, she hated it and can't understand why anyone likes them with how much text based messaging everyone does. I didn't have that iphone by choice, was due to an idiotic business partner I had who sent it to me.
    03-06-14 02:08 AM
    Blackberries are too boring for anyone under the age of 17 these days, especially a 15 year old girl who probably wants all the apps her girlfriends have like snapchat and that crap lol
    03-06-14 02:32 AM
    Well not all teenagers are the same, me and 2 of my friends have BlackBerrys
    03-06-14 02:42 AM
    Please post it here.. I like your idea
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/

I've posted about this before but here it is again: Please, please BlackBerry, let us take TimeShift photos and turn them into motion GIFs. I take TS pics and people (especially young people) love it when I slide the time shift back and forth. Problem is, I can't save those.
    03-06-14 03:47 AM
    Let's be honest, the iPhone is the best phone in terms of general user experience. You can do a lot, it's small and has lots of apps and services. The only problem is the price and, for some people, limited flexibility in terms of screen size and data access.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) and bbq10l like this.
    03-06-14 06:01 AM
    I like all these tough guy fathers who won't "give in" to their children's requests for an Iphone... Give me a break... you will buy her a Blackberry but not an iphone because you hate Apple or so other BS excuse.... How about letting her make up her own mind instead of forcing yours down her throat???.... I am still laughing at the clown who claimed that his daughter LOVED the security and the NFC and removable battery of the BB....

I know.. I know..... "When she goes out into the world and starts making money she can buy any phone she wants".... "but if I am paying"...blah blah blah.....If money is the issue then buy her whatever you can afford... but to force your BlackBerry bias onto her.. is childish and BAD parenting!!!
    bbq10l and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-06-14 06:25 AM
    Buying fancy things for your children is bad parenting.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:29 AM
210 ... 34567 ...