I know that this subject has been done to death, but I'm still fighting the good fight to keep people from switching to an iPhone. Every time I use an iPhone, I get frustrated and I doubt that I could ever use one for any length of time. The features that my BlackBerry Bold 9930 are so critical to my usage, I would miss them terribly. I've been coming up with a list of why I prefer BlackBerry over the iPhone and here they are.

1. I can attach any file I want to an Email, like a picture, PDF, Text, .doc or .xls.

2. I can keep a spare battery and change it when needed

3. I don�t have to pay for Ringtones, they are free and I can easily make my own from any MP3 file.

4. The memory card with my pictures, music and FREE ringtones can be removed and put into my next BlackBerry.

5. LED notification, lets you see that you have a missed call, text message or other notification without having to pick up the phone and wake it up.

6. Compressed data makes BlackBerry cost less, especially important when traveling to different countries. The cost savings can be HUGE.

7. Physical keyboard is much better for lots of typing, less mistakes and makes you a better, less lazy speller.

8. Word Substitution, where 3 or 4 characters can be automatically expanded. Especially useful to insert the current date and often used phrases when taking notes.

9. Speed Dial and Keyboard Shortcuts - I can tap L to bring up my caLendar, U for calcUlator, D for memo paD, etc. I can assign most keys to speed dial my most common ones, then press and hold the key to automatically dial.

10. Trackpad makes for much more accurate and speedy text manipulation and moving around.

11. Physical phone keys allow it to work like a phone much more reliably.

12. Back button instead of just a child-like single home button.

13. No need to Jailbreak if you want to download apps from other sources instead of the approved App Store.

14. Profiles allow you to customize the sounds, vibrations and such.

15. Generally good battery life, don�t have to constantly charge it
    10-20-12 04:08 PM
    5 words, "No experience with an iPhone".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-20-12 04:14 PM
    Your list is flawed. You should learn more about the iPhone before you speak on what it can't do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    10-20-12 04:15 PM
    Have you ever used an iPhone for longer than a few minutes in a store?
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-20-12 04:18 PM
    Nice list. I have a lot to learn about all this device can do. Thanks for posting.
    10-20-12 04:18 PM
    2. I can keep a spare battery and change it when needed.

15. Generally good battery life, don�t have to constantly charge it
    So which is it? Battery lasts without needing a charge? Or you need a spare?

10-20-12 04:19 PM
    Nice list. I have a lot to learn about all this device can do. Thanks for posting.
    Most of what is listed is possible on an iPhone also.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-20-12 04:19 PM
    Don't worry about people knocking your list just next time say why you like BlackBerry and that you hate iphone.
    10-20-12 04:24 PM
    Don't worry about people knocking your list just next time say why you like BlackBerry and that you hate iphone.
    No one is knocking his/her list. Just point out that the OP doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-20-12 04:27 PM
    So which is it? Battery lasts without needing a charge? Or you need a spare?
    Why does one have to negate the other?

The phone can have a "generally good battery life", and then once it runs out swap out the battery.... or are we begin purposefully obtuse?

Si.
    fabio984, antonnin and crazeee4u like this.
    10-20-12 04:36 PM
    No one is knocking his/her list. Just point out that the OP doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Woa.
    10-20-12 04:38 PM
    Why does one have to negate the other?

The phone can have a "generally good battery life", and then once it runs out swap out the battery.... or are we begin purposefully obtuse?

Si.
    Because either your battery gets you through the day, or it doesn't. In an age where there's a plentiful supply of charging opportunities it's a non issue. Either you have to recharge or you don't. Swapping batteries is the same as recharging. The benefit to recharging is that you don't have to shut down your device like a battery change would.

10-20-12 04:44 PM
    rmjones101, that is silly reasoning.

Fact: You can swap out the battery on your blackberry and cannot swap out the battery on your iphone.
    antonnin, bigbmc26 and CerveloJohn like this.
    10-20-12 04:47 PM
    rmjones101, that is silly reasoning.

Fact: You can swap out the battery on your blackberry and cannot swap out the battery on your iphone.
    Yeah, go ahead and try swapping that battery without shutting down your device.

10-20-12 04:48 PM
    Perhaps it's a hard concept for those who have only used BB's to follow, but battery pulls are not an issue on competing platforms.

Drew808 likes this.
    10-20-12 04:54 PM
    So far this is going better than I thought. OP you forgot "to me"

Good luck
    BlackStormRising and shaleem like this.
    10-20-12 04:57 PM
    Dammit, where's hootyhoo with his bucket of popcorn?!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-20-12 05:54 PM
    Reason #16

BlackBerry users don't go to iPhone forums to argue with iPhone fans. At least I don't.
    10-20-12 06:10 PM
    Perhaps it's a hard concept for those who have only used BB's to follow, but battery pulls are not an issue on competing platforms.

I beg to differ, I had to do a battery pull on my android just a couple days ago.
    10-20-12 08:17 PM
    Because either your battery gets you through the day, or it doesn't. In an age where there's a plentiful supply of charging opportunities it's a non issue. Either you have to recharge or you don't. Swapping batteries is the same as recharging. The benefit to recharging is that you don't have to shut down your device like a battery change would.
    Or you have people like me who don't see the likes of a charger for days at a time and although my battery can last a day, I might need 3 days worth of that

I beg to differ, I had to do a battery pull on my android just a couple days ago.
    Pfft,.. Android's don't need battery pulls... until you install apps and do things with it, then you need to pull... multiple times a day. My 9900 is far more stable than my S3.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-20-12 08:22 PM
    One of the best things of a qwerty BB is the shortcuts. It's a good way to exercise your memory! And they are very handy.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    10-20-12 08:30 PM
    This is sad. BB10, wherefore art thou?

Sent from my rooted AT&T ATRIX HD using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 and bodjor like this.
    10-20-12 08:44 PM
    OP, I used an iphone for about 3 years and completely agree with your list.
    10-20-12 08:59 PM
    Never said it wouldn't shut down when you swap the battery. Haha.

Presumably the battery is dead due to no charge available for more than a day. So you put another one in....

This is a very strange discourse...
    bungaboy and bigbmc26 like this.
    10-20-12 09:01 PM
    Not battery 'pull', battery 'swap'.
    bungaboy and bigbmc26 like this.
    10-20-12 09:02 PM
92 123 ...