According to the end of this article the US pricing will be $149 on a 2 year plan for the BB10 (no Canadian or other pricing)

New BlackBerry 10 screenshots show off Evernote and NFC integration, Siri-like voice assistant | MobileSyrup.com

If that is the case, then I think that these phones will sell well
    19GhostRider71 and Lehomer like this.
    01-21-13 12:37 PM
    That would be very competitive, although it almost seems to cheap to be true.

9 more days and we'll know a lot more.
    01-21-13 12:49 PM
    I imagine rogers will jack up the price to $199 and make it for a three year instead of two
    amrovi2014 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:50 PM
    That would be very competitive, although it almost seems to cheap to be true.

9 more days and we'll know a lot more.

I dont know.. I check verizon's website for their other smart phone pricing (comparing US price to US price)... the iphone 5 is 199 as are a few Androids... the HTC windows phone (not sure which model) is 99 all on 2 year contracts
    01-21-13 12:53 PM
    Rogers customer services called to say my wife qualified for a hardware upgrade. She asked about the BB10 coming soon. They said it was going to be priced at $349 on a 3 year contract. Cost is $749.
    01-21-13 12:59 PM
    Rogers customer services called to say my wife qualified for a hardware upgrade. She asked about the BB10 coming soon. They said it was going to be priced at $349 on a 3 year contract. Cost is $749.

Wow that is way too high...especially considering the rumoured US pricing... I will wait for official word though...

I will be getting mine from a RIM employee (not sure of the cost yet) so I will be able to shop around for the best price for service
    01-21-13 01:05 PM
    That's interesting because when I spoke with someone at Rogers last week they told me that they had no information on the BB10 release date or expected pricing.

And I do agree that $349 on a 3-year is a little high considering Rogers has never released a phone at that price on term before. Maybe an iPhone 64GB variant was at that price, but that wouldn't be the advertised phone, it would have been the cheaper 8/16GB versions advertised to draw you into the store before hitting you with the higher 32/64GB versions. To the best of my knowledge the BB10 doesn't come with memory options.
    01-21-13 01:12 PM
    Here is another link that says under the 199 price point of new release of "flagship phones"

BlackBerry Z10 Pricing - Business Insider
    01-21-13 01:14 PM
    This should put the off contract price in the $449 to $499 price range which is excellent pricing given what the competition has on the market now with similar specs. This would be a great sweet spot for RIM to hit.
    01-21-13 01:18 PM
    If similar pricing is available in Canada I see it doing VERY well with new startups.

Let's hope it will be exactly this if not better!
    01-21-13 01:55 PM
    This should put the off contract price in the $449 to $499 price range which is excellent pricing given what the competition has on the market now with similar specs. This would be a great sweet spot for RIM to hit.
    No, a $149 on-contract usually means $549 off-contract price. I think $549 is a sweet-spot price. Neither too low, nor too high.
    (On contract price + $400, I think is usual rule of thumb in Canada).
    01-21-13 01:56 PM
    i don't really believe that, maybe if it was a 64GB phone which would be priced the same as the iPhone5 but with smaller 16 gb and 32 i can't see the price being that high and i can't see rogers not giving you a rebate like they always do
    01-21-13 02:00 PM
    There is no way in **** it will be $349...considering it is supposedly only a 16GB an no other variations...the 62GB iPhone 5 on Rogers for 3 years is 379.99$

That being said I think the Rogers Rep has NO clue because it hasn't been launched and there is absolutely no way RIM is that dumb that it would charge the same price for 16GB...they will price it lower so that people will buy into BB again and the ecosystem...I have noticed Rogers Reps seem to guess lots and know less than we do when it comes to BB10 at this point
    Umedon likes this.
    01-21-13 02:13 PM
    That's interesting because when I spoke with someone at Rogers last week they told me that they had no information on the BB10 release date or expected pricing.

And I do agree that $349 on a 3-year is a little high considering Rogers has never released a phone at that price on term before. Maybe an iPhone 64GB variant was at that price, but that wouldn't be the advertised phone, it would have been the cheaper 8/16GB versions advertised to draw you into the store before hitting you with the higher 32/64GB versions. To the best of my knowledge the BB10 doesn't come with memory options.
    I spoke to a Rogers CSR not 5 minutes ago (and found my corporate plan actually has yearly hardware upgrades at the full discounted price, sweet!!! I was fully prepared to drop 6 bills on this phone, going to be pretty happy to get it for 149 - 199!!) anyway, she had no knowledge of pricing or availability. Personally, while I have no insider knowledge anymore.. i'd stake my reputation on that 349.99 number being malarkey. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't fall into that 149-199 price point.

One thing the CSR did tell me though, is they will have 1 week of legitimate pre-orders before the device is actually available, and she said it like it was an absolute fact she had been told by her superiors.. so if that's true any hope of a same day/next day launch I would say are evaporated.. wouldn't be before feb 6 or 7th.
    01-21-13 02:20 PM
    No, a $149 on-contract usually means $549 off-contract price. I think $549 is a sweet-spot price. Neither too low, nor too high.
    (On contract price + $400, I think is usual rule of thumb in Canada).
    I was referring to US pricing. On AT&T right now they are giving $350 subsidy on the Lumia, and GS3! With AT&T the Lumia retails for $449 or $99 on contract, and GS3 retails for $549 or $199 on contract. So at $149 on AT&T it would be $499 based on other device pricing.
    01-21-13 02:22 PM
    Seeing as there are many mixed reports from people talking to Rogers, it's fair to say that they simply don't know. The CSR that called in was probably just trying to make a sale. Follow's the SWAT principle..... Sell What's Available Today. Nobody who has targets wants to lose a sale today for someone else to grab it in the future. I was also offered an upgrade back in November.. When I told them I was waiting, they did try to talk me into a different phone, but after we talked, and we talked for quite a while, they realized it was a futile effort.
    01-21-13 02:36 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers CSR not 5 minutes ago (and found my corporate plan actually has yearly hardware upgrades at the full discounted price, sweet!!! I was fully prepared to drop 6 bills on this phone, going to be pretty happy to get it for 149 - 199!!) anyway, she had no knowledge of pricing or availability. Personally, while I have no insider knowledge anymore.. i'd stake my reputation on that 349.99 number being malarkey. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't fall into that 149-199 price point.

One thing the CSR did tell me though, is they will have 1 week of legitimate pre-orders before the device is actually available, and she said it like it was an absolute fact she had been told by her superiors.. so if that's true any hope of a same day/next day launch I would say are evaporated.. wouldn't be before feb 6 or 7th.
    What does it mean to have 1 week of legitimate pre-orders before the device is available? Does that mean people who pre-ordered will get the devices 1 week before others?
    01-21-13 02:39 PM
    I imagine rogers will jack up the price to $199 and make it for a three year instead of two
    Leave it to Rogers to do that.
    01-21-13 03:35 PM
    Can't we go to Blackberry store and buy it out right?
    I would imagine the store would have 10km line up.
    I really don't want to give Rogers the Money.
    01-21-13 03:39 PM
    $149 in the US, and I'll be out hte next day to get it. $199, I'll cosnider a handful of Android phones. Keep it at $179 or less and I'm a no thought buyer. $179 is a nice psycological boundary.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    This would be great. What I'm really hoping for though is early upgrade options. Maybe have it a bit more for early upgrade (like maybe increase the cost by $50 per 6 months early or something). My phone is company-provided, but I can pay the difference if the cost is over $199. The problem I have though is I'm not eligible for upgrade until June. So I really hope that some kind of reasonable early upgrade option is available (I'm on Verizon).
    What does it mean to have 1 week of legitimate pre-orders before the device is available? Does that mean people who pre-ordered will get the devices 1 week before others?
    No. Nobody has pre-ordered yet.. you have "reserved". Which is basically just giving a 40 dollar deposit to say you're interested. If you don't actually order a device your registration fee will be refunded. A legitimate pre-order means you've paid for the device, you've complete the activation of your new account or your hardware upgrade and the device will be sent to you in one week. This is something that cannot be started until official pricing is released, which is why I say if they are doing that for a week, they can't start it until Jan 30th or even 31st.. so we would be looking at a feb 6 or 7th shipping date.
    01-21-13 03:40 PM
    Leave it to Rogers to do that.
    Did you mean Robbers?

$149 in the US, and I'll be out hte next day to get it. $199, I'll cosnider a handful of Android phones. Keep it at $179 or less and I'm a no thought buyer. $179 is a nice psycological boundary.
    Yeah, I think $149 (with contract) and $549 (without contract) is going to hit that sweet spot! $179+ (with contract) is definitely going to cause second thoughts to some customers.

This would be great. What I'm really hoping for though is early upgrade options. Maybe have it a bit more for early upgrade (like maybe increase the cost by $50 per 6 months early or something). My phone is company-provided, but I can pay the difference if the cost is over $199. The problem I have though is I'm not eligible for upgrade until June. So I really hope that some kind of reasonable early upgrade option is available (I'm on Verizon).
    Carriers offered early-upgrade promos when iPhone 5 came out. I hope they offer such early upgrade promos for BlackBerry 10 as well.
    01-21-13 03:44 PM
    [QUOTE=chrysaurora;7873745]Did you mean Robbers?
    Sorry you are correct "robbers wireless"
    01-21-13 03:52 PM
    Everyone here keep's saying "because it's only 16GB with no other variants", don't forget theres still a surprise at launch, and theres already expandable memory, why would RIM give any developer a full 64GB device anyway? I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be a 16 GB 32GB and 64GB model at start. Then as time passes the first two will be discontinued because the 16GB model is already expandable.
    01-21-13 04:17 PM
44 12