The Bold 9900 had wireless charging and the new Q10 does as well. The metal strip in the back will lean against the yet to be released Q10 Dock. The look of the dock will be similar to the one designed for the P9981, which should make contact much easier than it was on the 9900 dock.
    This rumor has to be true. Docking a BlackBerry has always seemed very popular and we haven't seen one yet for the Q10. The only charging port for the Q10 is on the top left side of the phone and using a traditional charging dock would mean the phone would have to lay sideways (please no). We have heard the rear metal strip is raised slightly to protect the replaceable battery door from blemishes and thats great, but really? The wireless charging dock will be available soon and I'll be picking up mine shortly after I get my Q10.
    04-28-13 12:12 PM
    The Bold 9900/9930 did not have wireless charging. It has contact points for changing docks.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:24 PM
    -Do you think something could come out for the Z10 to make it wireless charging?
    - if not, why would they not?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-28-13 02:36 PM
    also the Q10 has already been released in the UK & no it does not have wireless charging.

BTW I too am disappointed with this. I always rock a charging dock & I'm not sure I will like having it on it's side
    04-28-13 02:36 PM
    wireless charging just seems like a waste of electricity.
    04-28-13 02:42 PM
    wireless charging just seems like a waste of electricity.
    how so, the slightly higher current needed to generate more flux is tiny

another thing i don't think people get is that if you leave your phone charger plugged in even if its not charging its still pulling small amounts of power consumption just like any other device that uses a magnetic coil to transform one voltage to another
    Richappa likes this.
    04-28-13 03:30 PM
    They oils do a charging dock for it no problem. What they would do is a stand type deal with one side open and the other having a connector. Kind of like this but without the suction cup lol

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...4X-30pm3EYr_Fa

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 05:41 PM
    For what I understand, wireless charging takes much longer to charge then using a plug in source. So unless it's going to charge overnight, I really don't see the point. But if it's going to charge overnight then what's the big deal to begin with, just use a wired source.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:41 PM
    The Bold 9900/9930 did not have wireless charging. It has contact points for changing docks.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I guess I'm hoping that the metal bar is contact point. As long as there's no wires attached to my phone, they can call it anything they want.

-Do you think something could come out for the Z10 to make it wireless charging?
    - if not, why would they not?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Neither the 9860 or 9850 had the wireless charging contacts and the Bold 9900 did, so I am dreaming that the Q10 is in a similar situation.

For what I understand, wireless charging takes much longer to charge then using a plug in source. So unless it's going to charge overnight, I really don't see the point. But if it's going to charge overnight then what's the big deal to begin with, just use a wired source.

Posted via CB10
    The biggest benefit to me is saving the wear and tear on the USB port. It would also be convenient to place the phone down with one hand and very little aim. Attaching and detaching a charger from a new USB port is painful for me, but I might just have to deal.
    What problems I have.
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-28-13 08:54 PM
    It is a slight shame that the q10 lost the charging contacts, but I expect BB know how many or how few charging stands they actually sold for the 9900, but I can't say that the omission of the horribly over-hyped wireless charging is a major issue.
    04-29-13 04:52 AM
    This rumor has to be true.
    Does it?
    04-29-13 09:45 AM
    No but I do wish that my Z had the little contacts like my 9780. To just drop and charge

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:42 PM
    Does it?
    It does... BlackBerry (Research In Motion) is part of the Wireless Power Consortium as well, along with 138 other companies Wireless Power Consortium Members - Wireless Power Consortium - Wireless Power Consortium I think that adds a little fuel to the wireless charging fire.
    04-29-13 01:44 PM
    We've got keyboard shortcuts back, so why not wireless charging or at least a charging pod?
    04-29-13 07:07 PM
    Thats what I'm talking about. Maybe they are leaving room for improvement, but I'm hoping they surprise us with a nice wireless charging dock.
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    04-29-13 11:05 PM
    Wireless charging would be cool...
    06-07-13 06:01 AM
    The biggest benefit to me is saving the wear and tear on the USB port.
    Concur. It's rare that I plug in my 9930 to a USB port.
    06-07-13 07:18 AM