It works on the new unreleased beta version of Trapster for the Storm. Pinpoints me exactly. none of the within 700 meters stuff.

Google just needs to update their software to get maps working with the GPS.

Anyway that is for all you nay sayers about GPS

EDIT: Here is the link so you dont have to read through all the threads http://www.trapster.com/storm/tm.jad
    Last edited by aradlahiji; 12-02-08 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Adding the link
    11-26-08 11:23 AM
    pics or it didnt happen

edit: actually, do you have a link for that beta? id like to check it out
    11-26-08 11:24 AM
    pics or it didnt happen

how do i take a pic when the camera is on the phone? Is there a screen shot function on the storm?
    11-26-08 11:25 AM
    pics or it didnt happen

+1 for the beta link..

how do i take a pic when the camera is on the phone? Is there a screen shot function on the storm?
    I'll trade a screenshot app link for a gps beta linkkk......
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 11-26-08 at 11:29 AM.
    11-26-08 11:26 AM
    Thank You!!
    11-26-08 11:27 AM
    well we're waiting aradlahiji............
    patiently
    11-26-08 11:28 AM
    Can't post the link. Sorry fellas. but if there is a screen shot function or a screen shot app that I can install ill be more than happy to post a pic.
    11-26-08 11:29 AM
    Can't post the link. Sorry fellas. but if there is a screen shot function or a screen shot app that I can install ill be more than happy to post a pic.
    WTF, why did you post this thread then? FAIL!
    11-26-08 11:33 AM
    WTF, why did you post this thread then? FAIL!
    To help everyone that thinks GPS is unlocked. Read the subject. If you arent interested dont reply and/or dont read it.

I never said I can give you the app anywhere.
    11-26-08 11:35 AM
    You can install Blackberry MCP to take screenshots. And I don't doubt you, I have Nav4all working on my phone.
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    You can install Blackberry MCP to take screenshots. And I don't doubt you, I have Nav4all working on my phone.
    Thanks. I will google the link.
    11-26-08 11:39 AM
    Hmmm requires desktop installation right? I cant install anything on my work computer. Damn IT restriction.

any other suggestions?
    11-26-08 11:41 AM
    To help everyone that thinks GPS is unlocked. Read the subject. If you arent interested dont reply and/or dont read it.

I never said I can give you the app anywhere.
    I am interested, but im not interested in you saying "it works, but im not going to show you how". Again, you fail.
    11-26-08 11:43 AM
    I tried this...
    How to take screenshots of your BlackBerry screen - Simple Help

doesnt work with the storm...
    11-26-08 11:43 AM
    newb question: does having the GPS unlocked mean free nav without use of VZ navigator?

if not whats the deal with having the GPS unlocked/how do you do it?
    11-26-08 11:44 AM
    I am interested, but im not interested in you saying "it works, but im not going to show you how". Again, you fail.
    He didn't say "i'm not going to show you how" he said he CAN'T. Obviously when the app is live for all he'll gladly link us. All of your posts in this thread are quite cynical, take a chill pill.
    11-26-08 11:47 AM
    And here's my screenshot of Nav4all.
    11-26-08 11:48 AM
    I have Nav4all working on my phone.
    Hey there,

About Nav4all... which BB did you select? I don't see 9530 or STORM on the list... or does it not matter?
    11-26-08 11:51 AM
    newb question: does having the GPS unlocked mean free nav without use of VZ navigator?

Yes you can use other 3rd party apps and access the GPS. Historically Verizon would lock the GPS so only VZ NAV can access it and thus forcing their customers to shell out 9.99 per month
    11-26-08 11:51 AM
    He didn't say "i'm not going to show you how" he said he CAN'T. Obviously when the app is live for all he'll gladly link us. All of your posts in this thread are quite cynical, take a chill pill.
    Thanks!! and very true.

+1
    11-26-08 11:55 AM
    Anyway that is for all you nay sayers about GPS
    And your not using an external GPS accessory, aka PUCK?
    11-26-08 12:05 PM
    And your not using an external GPS accessory, aka PUCK?
    Nope. 100% storm. VZ NAV and bbmaps are installed, but not open and verified that they are closed through "switch Application"
    11-26-08 12:07 PM
    If you goto Maps under apps. You can have BB's GPS program. It just will not be turn by turn NAVvy. And it is free
    11-26-08 12:13 PM

Go into Applications, you'll see a compass. Thats BB Maps.
    11-26-08 12:13 PM
    And here's my screenshot of Nav4all.
    how do you enter addresses in nav4all? It only registers the first letter of the suretype krypad and doesn't work in landscape mode.
    11-26-08 12:24 PM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD