See my post above. There are excellent Office Suite apps, both free and paid.

I am pretty sure most BB owners would wish to have such a variety.
    Why? One good one that works is enough for me, kinda dumb to have multiple apps taken up space doing the same thing when one works fine. So in that argument, who's right?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:43 PM
    Why? One good one that works is enough for me, kinda dumb to have multiple apps taken up space doing the same thing when one works fine. So in that argument, who's right?
    I am not sure what you are trying to get at, but the argument was that there were no decent word processing apps on Android. And that argument was wrong.
    08-19-13 09:44 PM
    Again, I can't imagine a single task that you cannot do efficiently and easily on Android (or iOS and Win for that matter) that you can on BB10.

Have you tried any of the apps I linked for "putting together a work list for [your] employees" or are you simply looking for faults?

Edit: Not knowing how to efficiently and easily use the OS, not being familiar with the capabilities it offers, and refusing to learn to use the OS properly does not make the OS uneasy and inefficient.
    No I have not tried the list you so graciously put together as I spent the day hiking the Sequoias. Love it up there. And I'm sure it is a minor thing to most, but being able to use hot keys is such a huge huge thing for me. I connect to a bluetooth keyboard (my HP touch pad keyboard btw. Still think it's the best looking bt keyboard out there, and haven't had any issues with it connecting to anything) when I have serious typing to do, and expect to not have to stop typing and need to press my tablet in order to make minor formatting changes. I do this on my pb, I do this on my Z10, I used to do this on my Torch. I've never had an issue before. I have a brand new shiny tablet, and think here's an opportunity to try it out, and every task I'm writing, I have to stop typing and go through the menu on Polaris office to make those changes. Every freaking heading, every assignment. So I search out word processors. Try a couple. No luck. Search out office. Try a couple, no luck. So here I an with this magnificent app store, and I can't do anything as simply as I could on my obsolete PlayBook, or my old os7 device...
    I'm getting angry just thinking about it again.

Btw, I'm not unfamiliar with Android. I've had an android tablet since Oct of last year, which after trying many times to use it as a productivity tool, gave up and used it as the mobile arcade it was. Every time I've complained about the tab, people have told me it's because it's not current, even though it had the latest update, it had older specs. Well, I don't have that issue now, and I'm in the same boat.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:45 PM
    They "forgot" to disclose that 100,000 of those are flashlight apps and another 350,000 are fart apps!

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Maybe you can figure out a way to sideload them. That way your phone could have some apps too.
    08-19-13 09:47 PM
    No I have not tried the list you so graciously put together as I spent the day hiking the Sequoias. Love it up there. And I'm sure it is a minor thing to most, but being able to use hot keys is such a huge huge thing for me. I connect to a bluetooth keyboard (my HP touch pad keyboard btw. Still think it's the best looking bt keyboard out there, and haven't had any issues with it connecting to anything) when I have serious typing to do, and expect to not have to stop typing and need to press my tablet in order to make minor formatting changes. I do this on my pb, I do this on my Z10, I used to do this on my Torch. I've never had an issue before. I have a brand new shiny tablet, and think here's an opportunity to try it out, and every task I'm writing, I have to stop typing and go through the menu on Polaris office to make those changes. Every freaking heading, every assignment. So I search out word processors. Try a couple. No luck. Search out office. Try a couple, no luck. So here I an with this magnificent app store, and I can't do anything as simply as I could on my obsolete PlayBook, or my old os7 device...
    I'm getting angry just thinking about it again.

Btw, I'm not unfamiliar with Android. I've had an android tablet since Oct of last year, which after trying many times to use it as a productivity tool, gave up and used it as the mobile arcade it was. Every time I've complained about the tab, people have told me it's because it's not current, even though it had the latest update, it had older specs. Well, I don't have that issue now, and I'm in the same boat.

Posted via CB10
    Again, if YOU can't make an effective use of your tab, I see no reason why you have been using it for so many months with all that anger, pain, and suffering.
    xandermac and mikeo007 like this.
    08-19-13 09:48 PM
    I could care less about Android, or iOS. They can take care of themselves. However, when someone says that the BB options for things like documents are similar to the other platforms by variously dismissing all the examples of the point that BB isn't really close to those other platforms I think it should be pointed out.
    I'm answering you, but this goes to you and Becky. I know BB10 loses on apps. I'm not arguing that at all. However I had an extremely simple task to do. Something that I could do out of the box without downloading anything on my last 3 BlackBerry devices, without downloading anything. And even after spending the better part of an afternoon trying various apps on my android, I still couldn't do it as easily. Well, I could have if I spent 15 bucks on docs to go that comes preinstalled on bb's. I have never said BlackBerry could compete in apps. Read my history, I've said time and time again that people would have to be dumb to even consider BlackBerry would be able to compete on the app front with Apple and Google within the first or even second year of Bb10. But someone up there said the tools not toys was a joke, and my opinion, my experience, is that BlackBerry chose to include functions baked in that does in fact make these devices very useful tools. And while the os is capable of being a very good toy, and I truly wish for sales sake it would get there fast, it's got a long way to go to be able to compete on the toy front.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:53 PM
    I am not sure what you are trying to get at, but the argument was that there were no decent word processing apps on Android. And that argument was wrong.
    Let me put this very simply. And I'm not trying to argue with you. You've tried to be very helpful and I thank you. And if I find that I cannot return this tablet I will try the apps you gave me to look at.

But spending the amount of time I spent downloading and trying various apps, to not find one that worked for me, is not something I want to deal with. And some of the apps that showed up when I was searching for something very simple, looking back a day later is very comical, but at the time frustrated me beyond belief.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:58 PM
    I'm answering you, but this goes to you and Becky. I know BB10 loses on apps. I'm not arguing that at all. However I had an extremely simple task to do. Something that I could do out of the box without downloading anything on my last 3 BlackBerry devices, without downloading anything. And even after spending the better part of an afternoon trying various apps on my android, I still couldn't do it as easily. Well, I could have if I spent 15 bucks on docs to go that comes preinstalled on bb's. I have never said BlackBerry could compete in apps. Read my history, I've said time and time again that people would have to be dumb to even consider BlackBerry would be able to compete on the app front with Apple and Google within the first or even second year of Bb10. But someone up there said the tools not toys was a joke, and my opinion, my experience, is that BlackBerry chose to include functions baked in that does in fact make these devices very useful tools. And while the os is capable of being a very good toy, and I truly wish for sales sake it would get there fast, it's got a long way to go to be able to compete on the toy front.

Posted via CB10
    Using your logic that the most important factors are pre-installed apps what about having Google Maps (arguably the best maps/navigation TOOL) pre-installed.

You see, this "pre-installed" argument may still be twisted against BB10, and in the end of the day BB10 will not win in this debate as there aren't so many installable apps available.
    08-19-13 10:01 PM
    Again, if YOU can't make an effective use of your tab, I see no reason why you have been using it for so many months with all that anger, pain, and suffering.
    I've used it for what it was. A mobile arcade. I'd given up using it for productivity. Even deleted my email from it. I used it for nothing but to play social games with my stepdaughter that she has on her HTC android phone. Everyday I feed fish, breed monsters, and harvest zombies.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:02 PM
    Let me put this very simply. And I'm not trying to argue with you. You've tried to be very helpful and I thank you. And if I find that I cannot return this tablet I will try the apps you gave me to look at.

But spending the amount of time I spent downloading and trying various apps, to not find one that worked for me, is not something I want to deal with. And some of the apps that showed up when I was searching for something very simple, looking back a day later is very comical, but at the time frustrated me beyond belief.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem - you are looking for something that would work exactly like DocsToGo (which is also available on Android).

May be you should try being a little more open to something different and less prejudiced and maybe you'll find something that will work for you. As long as you don't expect it to be just a replica of DocsToGo.
    08-19-13 10:04 PM
    Using your logic that the most important factors are pre-installed apps what about having Google Maps (arguably the best maps/navigation TOOL) pre-installed.

You see, this "pre-installed" argument may still be twisted against BB10, and in the end of the day BB10 will not win in this debate as there aren't so many installable apps available.
    EVERY argument is twisted against BB10. I never said the most important factors are preinstalled apps. That is you twisting my argument. I'm saying I am capable of doing something specific quickly and easily with BlackBerry going all the way back to my os7 device. When I needed to be able to do it with my android, it failed. The humongous winning app store filled my searches with useless ridiculous things that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was searching for. And quite simply, it pissed me off. And I was ranting.

Btw, personally, I prefer Waze. The social aspect is really fun, it's never sent me in a wrong direction, and Google liked it enough to buy it. So there, I AM happily using at least one Google product. Happy now?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:08 PM
    Why would I be happy? I don't work for Google or hold Google stocks.

It am just one of those people here who find the "tools, not toys" argument laughable and completely unfounded.
    08-19-13 10:11 PM
    That's the problem - you are looking for something that would work exactly like DocsToGo (which is also available on Android).

May be you should try being a little more open to something different and less prejudiced and maybe you'll find something that will work for you. As long as you don't expect it to be just a replica of DocsToGo.
    Actually, I'm looking for something that works like Microsoft Word. Lol! Which I think pretty much sets the standard for word processors. All I want is something I can't type an entire document on without having to take my hands off the keyboard. I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

See here's my ultimate goal, I'm not much of a computer guy. The only thing I've ever really used my laptop for was email, office documents, Web browsing. Sure, for a while there iTunes, and there was even a minute there where I think I had a bit of an addiction to world of war craft. But I'm not a developer, I'm not a programmer, I'm not a gamer. What I want is a laptop replacement for MY needs. And my needs are pretty simple, and what every mobile os claims to do. My PB was that. It truly worked for it. Even during the time I had to use webmail since there was no email client built in. But it is has been killed and I want something that is still current. My phone can do it, but c'mon, tabs are cool! You agreed earlier, windows is probably my best bet. That's what I'm going to try to do. But I'm sorry, to the person that said android is a better tool, here's one guy that completely disagrees.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:26 PM
    [WARN]Stay on Topic, People!
    Gentle reminder to all to calm down and stay on topic. No bickering!

* Do debate the topics and discuss your different opinions.

* Do NOT make it personal or comment on the other posters themselves.

Lots of good comments here too, so please keep it civil, gang![/WARN]
    08-19-13 11:20 PM
    Us there a way to PM on cb10?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:50 PM
    Also, to Bekkay and others chiming in, I'm not the least bit offended by any of your comments and hope I didn't offend any of you. Thank you for trying to help, but I think I am too far gone down the road of frustration with android. This was simply the last of many straws against it...for ME! lol! And Bekkay, I really did take what you were saying as trying to help a guy out.

I am sorry that my comment, which I thought had a place as a response to another post here seemed to derail the thread.

So, I'm done with arguing the merits/demerits of android. In this thread. Lol! We all have our personal opinions. I just solidified mine.

Now Elite, if I can figure out how to PM, I'd like to have a word please?

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    08-19-13 11:59 PM
    Also, to Bekkay and others chiming in, I'm not the least bit offended by any of your comments and hope I didn't offend any of you. Thank you for trying to help, but I think I am too far gone down the road of frustration with android. This was simply the last of many straws against it...for ME! lol! And Bekkay, I really did take what you were saying as trying to help a guy out.

I am sorry that my comment, which I thought had a place as a response to another post here seemed to derail the thread.

So, I'm done with arguing the merits/demerits of android. In this thread. Lol! We all have our personal opinions. I just solidified mine.

Now Elite, if I can figure out how to PM, I'd like to have a word please?

Posted via CB10
    Click on a person's user name (above the userpic) and then "PM".

And no offense taken. You should always go with what works best for you.
    08-20-13 12:03 AM
    Doesn't seem to work in cb10. Guess i'll open the 'ol browser. Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:09 AM
    Doesn't seem to work in cb10. Guess i'll open the 'ol browser. Lol
    Yes, it works on the mobile site for me.
    08-20-13 12:20 AM
    Maybe you can figure out a way to sideload them. That way your phone could have some apps too.
    Huh???? Fail!

08-20-13 09:32 AM
    [WARN]Stay on Topic, People!
    Gentle reminder to all to calm down and stay on topic. No bickering!

* Do debate the topics and discuss your different opinions.

* Do NOT make it personal or comment on the other posters themselves.

Lots of good comments here too, so please keep it civil, gang![/WARN]
    99% of all posts on CB forums should be removed in this case... hehe.

08-20-13 09:36 AM
    If only the Z was released 1-2 years earlier! It's a great device but we all know it has it's trade-offs.
    10-06-13 12:14 PM
147 ... 456