You mean the way loyal followers eagerly await to upgrade their just purchased iPhone.
    Or like Android users eagerly await the dual core slab, then the quad core slab.... If you want the latest buy it. If not wait for your upgrade.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-29-11 12:01 PM
    Agree...even if you get an iphone 5 or Bold 9930 this September and sign a 2yr contract, you're not getting a iphone 6 or Bold QNX in 2012 unless you pay full price. Not a big deal, get a Bold 9930 and in 2013 you'll have a Bold QNX2 or iphone 7 to upgrade to. People are gonna be p***ed every other year (in the US) regardless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-11 04:17 PM
    Familiar arc to this thread -- here we are a month or two before the release of the 9900 and its already being pronounced a dud eight months after that, based on wild speculation and extreme anti-RIM assumptions.

From what I've seen of the 9900 series, it looks like a classic handset. The original 9000 was an email beast (even with that crabby dust-magnet trackball) and the new version's keyboard looks even better. As much as I'm looking forward to the Torch II, the 9900 has me wavering. It looks like a winner. It won't be the end of days if RIM comes out with an even better handset sometime in 2012 because the 9900 has specs and a form factor that has proven to be long-lived.

Nowhere is it written that every RIM customer must buy each new model. Its ok if you hold on and skip a model (unless you're a RIM fragger or a crackpot financial analyst).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Booyah! Perfect response and couldn't have said it any better.

It amazes me how many people feel as though BB's are so dated, when in fact it is what the user might want. Me, I don't need a browser faster than lighting. My 9700 gets me by just fine.

Only reason I would want a new phone is I loved the 9000 series and really want to try a touch/kb type phone and I really don't care for most Android phones, so nixay on the Droid Pro....

**** if my 9700 did touch/physical KB as is spec wise, I doubt I would sway from it.

Some of ya will never be happy, or just have endless amounts of moola!

I know most of ya sell your current phone to offset cost, or better yet, I am a tech geek, I need the most current offering!

Whatever floats the boat!

06-29-11 05:45 PM
    Competitors would like it even more if RIM listened to the trolls and never upgraded specifications and software.
    Who is asking for that? If anything most people want RIM to upgrade things faster. Shorten the dev. cycles.
    06-29-11 06:32 PM
    @boldtothemax. I think many of the bb faithfully think as you do. And many of the folks inside waterloo as well. The problem is that you represent a significant minority. The iOS and Android platforms give the appearance if functionality because they are fast stable and have apps for anything under the sun. They have captured minds of the masses and left BB in their dust. BB's are still very capable messaging devices but they are not app June boxes and this is what Apple and that OF machine have convinced most people that they need. In the end I think WP7 is actually on the right path. I am not a fan of the metro UI but 7.5 is going to incorporate a lot of intelligent features. The Media is already starting to give 'mango' rave reviews. And that is not even on updated hardware yet. RIM needs to look beyond the concepts of iOS and Android and borrow some ideas from where WP7 is going and put there own spin on it. If they just look to do what others are doing they are in for it. Taking into account the views of the RIM faithful and deliver a BB that does what a BB does but then so much more.

06-29-11 08:03 PM
    BB's are still very capable messaging devices but they are not app June boxes and this is what Apple and that OF machine have convinced most people that they need. In the end I think WP7 is actually on the right path.
    Ah. So your recommendation is to ignore iOS and Android (platforms that are outselling RIM) and instead follow the path of WP7, which sells only a fraction of the units of RIM. Makes sense to me.
    brucep1 likes this.
    06-29-11 09:33 PM
    Ah. So your recommendation is to ignore iOS and Android (platforms that are outselling RIM) and instead follow the path of WP7, which sells only a fraction of the units of RIM. Makes sense to me.
    Not At All. I am saying don't spend all your effort to reproduce what iOS and Android have mastered. You have to have apps, its unavoidable. But look at what WP7 is doing with integrating the apps into the OS. Take that to the next level. "There is an App for that" is getting old. I think even Apple is finally realizing this. iOS 5 introduction did not focus so much on the # of API's for Devs nut more on the new features and how they work.

And if you have read any of the WP7 Mango reviews, I think WP7 will start to sell. Even if it doesn't the idea is still solid. Look at WebOS. Great Ideas, just not getting good adoption and execution at the product level.
    06-30-11 04:56 AM
    i agree with the engine....WP7 does look like its on the right track and mango is going to bring a boatload of features to a OS that imo looks just as fluid as IOS. apps are unavoidable...thats just a fact but i think people put too much emphasis on it. sure apple can have 300,000+ apps, and thats wonderful. i take nothin away from their accomplishment...but how many apps do most people really have on a single device? id venture to say most have no more than 10 to 20. i believe a handful off apps that are truly integrated into the OS and gives the user much more functionality can go even further than having 100,000 apps.

RIM should really take advantage of this "super apps" thing....it can go further than what they've shown
    06-30-11 11:30 AM
    i agree with the engine....WP7 does look like its on the right track and mango is going to bring a boatload of features to a OS that imo looks just as fluid as IOS. apps are unavoidable...thats just a fact but i think people put too much emphasis on it. sure apple can have 300,000+ apps, and thats wonderful. i take nothin away from their accomplishment...but how many apps do most people really have on a single device? id venture to say most have no more than 10 to 20. i believe a handful off apps that are truly integrated into the OS and gives the user much more functionality can go even further than having 100,000 apps.

RIM should really take advantage of this "super apps" thing....it can go further than what they've shown
    06-30-11 11:31 AM

It's not an issue of how many apps an individual will use. A huge app library appeals to the multitudes of users out their who each have separate needs. A handful of apps will only appeal to a handful of users.
    06-30-11 11:39 AM
    It's not an issue of how many apps an individual will use. A huge app library appeals to the multitudes of users out their who each have separate needs. A handful of apps will only appeal to a handful of users.
    very true my friend....trust me im definitely not against a multitude of apps....god knows the playbook apps selection is near bone dry lol but i do feel that if RIM stays on its current path with this super apps idea they have then it could definitely help make up ground they have lost due to the fact that they dont have a huge app selection
    06-30-11 12:42 PM
    Why doesn't rim just keep the people that they fired and have them spend their day writing apps? Win for everyone.

06-30-11 01:01 PM
    u may be onto somethin there sir' lol.......
    06-30-11 01:06 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD