The 10 Best New Smartphones Of 2011

OUCH, not a single BlackBerry on this ranking, I know it's just any given rank, but we desperately need BB10 / QNX phones to be released in Q1 2012. Please RIM

Best Smartphones Of The Year
    12-13-11 04:37 PM
    The best smartphone of 2011, to me, was the one I researched and ultimately bought. The rest don't matter to me.

I really dont think articles like this have much weight in what people will buy. After personal research (way more than an article like this), listening to friends, getting what work allows you to get, getting what a salesman tells you to get, an article like this may play a small part in it.
    12-13-11 04:55 PM
    not surprised by the top 2 at all. They are simply the 2 biggest releases of the year.
    12-13-11 04:58 PM
    The Thunderbolt is on there. Great device!
    12-13-11 05:10 PM
    Before even clicking on the link, I'm going to guess iPhone4 and Galaxy SII. I promise that I will allow myself to be punished by engaging in a pillow fight with the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders if I'm wrong.

Edit-I guess I will have to be punished. I didn't even guess the Nexus since it's just now starting to trickle out.
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 12-13-11 at 05:12 PM.
    12-13-11 05:10 PM
    The list is pretty good except the top spot. I just don't see the iphone 4s as the best phone...top 10 I can see but no way is it close to the best in my opinion.
    12-13-11 05:20 PM
    ughh and they are all touch-screen
    Stop resisting and assimilate like the rest of us.
    12-13-11 05:55 PM
    ughh and they are all touch-screen
    Everything is touchscreen.

As for the list, 8 Android, the iPhone and a Windows Phone. I wouldn't have put it as number one, but I probably would have included the 9900 in the list instead of the G2X or one of the HTCs. But I have an anti-HTC bias so that's just me.
    12-13-11 06:17 PM
    That list is bull ****. Nexus is not even officially carrier released yet and they rank it at 2. Kinda kills credibility. Don't care how hyped it is, it should only be rated after release!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-11 06:54 PM
    That list is bull ****. Nexus is not even officially carrier released yet and they rank it at 2. Kinda kills credibility. Don't care how hyped it is, it should only be rated after release!
    Don't quote me on this, but I think it's officially out in Canada or some other country.
    12-13-11 08:01 PM
    Yes there are some Android phones on their that I would put the 9900 above, obviously this was a all touch screen affair, even the Android phones that have keyboards didn't make the cut.

Moving on nothing to see here......

CS
    Vee_G likes this.
    12-13-11 09:46 PM
    9900 has my vote, no other phone compares in my opinion.
    12-13-11 10:02 PM
    I would buy the 9810 over any of these devices.

I tried some of the devices on this list...they were okay. BB10 phones will be better.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    12-13-11 10:21 PM
    Lol! The GSM model is available and runs great on AT&T. Bestbuy and a couple places accidently sold a few early. It might not be 'officially' U.S. carrier released but it's been released and is being used/sold.

However, as has been said, the Nexus has been put up against other phones and beats em down.

I don't agree with the Atrix being on the top 10. But, ah well, it's just another dumb opinion.
    12-13-11 10:55 PM
    All I see are droid, droid, and droid. And all of them are black mono block ?? Maybe the world will end in 2012
    12-13-11 11:24 PM
    really the Atrix and thunderbolt. this guy doesn't have a clue
    The thunderbolt was actually on the list of
    the top 5 worst phones of 2011
    Five Android smartphones you should avoid buying - Android app article - Marty Gabel | Appolicious � Android App Directory
    and rated #1 letdown android
    Featured: The Worst of the Best; Top 10 Android Phone Letdowns of 2011 | Android Headlines
    12-13-11 11:35 PM
    I would buy the 9810 over any of these devices.

I tried some of the devices on this list...they were okay. BB10 phones will be better.
    Well I did (chose the 9810). Of couse I don't use any of Google services (disagreements with the TOS), so I wouldn't get caught dead using an Android anything. iOS doesn't allow me to send emails without being able to open them first and butchering any Excel files that have merged cells. So the only one I would even remotely consider is the Nokia, but it's not available here. Besides, I am hooked.
    12-14-11 12:39 AM
    Not surprised BlackBerry isn't on the list, I am sure the criteria for the list was built by an Android user,

How it ran apps, apps available, screen size, camera's, "sex appeal", specs,

The BlackBerry Bold 9900 IS the best Keyboard phone available, but RIM can't compete in the touchscreen market yet, it is missing the consumption features so heavily desired.

@D_March don't quote, report
    12-14-11 06:05 AM
    9900 has my vote, no other phone compares in my opinion.
    same for me. I cant deal with an all touch screen phone.
    12-14-11 09:04 AM
    ah i love reading stuff that makes me laugh, for example on the lumia summary

Nokia built the Lumia from the ground up as part of its new partnership with Microsoft
    i strongly suggest a search of the nokia N9 then lmao.
    12-14-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD