Look forward for 10.3
    Updates from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 brings so much improvement!
    Everything is better and faster.
    From what I see from the 10.0 to latest 10.2.1 I have no doubt I will stay holding a BB10, and shame on me for having a regret a while ago after buying a Z10 not long before BBM on Android released.
    Thanks to BB for releasing Z10 first, if not, I would definitely buy an Android, and miss this awesomeness

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and elGuapoTorres like this.
    01-31-14 03:53 AM
    I really hope they make the UI more "flashy". Compared to Android/WP/iOS7 the UI looks outdated. To get to new markets, the OS needs to look more vibrant and provide greater flexibility to have data presented in "permanent" active frames. Similar to WP, where you can arrange tiles which show content w/o the need to open the app.

Colour schemas need to be brighter and more modern with more colours. Also more animations when doing page flips, etc. I know this is useless junk for business users, but if BB want to keep shipping handsets they better create a hybrid OS UI that appeals to consumers as well as business users.
    I agree with the UI update. But please no pop, pastel ios7 theme and no confusing/messy android interface.

Simple, clean and modern but ultimately effective.

Right now the active frames are not that effective at anything.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-31-14 04:41 AM
    Aww that will be amazing common BlackBerry can't wait for the 10.3 change the options make lots of changes that will make the coming OS better than any os.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:59 AM
    10.2.1 is definitely nice but there's still room for improvements and refinements of the current set of features like adding satellite view for the maps app.

As of 10.3, I really hope their big guns are very innovative and useful. No stuff like "pause video player if user stops looking at the screen". More of "drag an image from a web page straight into a BBM conversation instead of clicking 6 buttons". Or maybe even "having two applications active in the foreground at the same time while in landscape mode".
    01-31-14 07:06 AM
    We better have some good leakers, because we sure won't see 10.3 for a long time in the USA. We don't even have 10.2.1 yet.
    Are you being sarcastic?

Eye tracking UI

Velvet

Juggle UI.

Anyway to implement forms of these would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    I am partial to eye tracking data. On one hand it will give those with limited mobility more function, but, it is still kinda creeepy...but also kinda cool.

Velvet is interesting, and a definite milestone for 3D GUI technology....but it is totally eye candy and nothing more. At this point in time, anyways. I do not want my browser or any other window "hanging" like a curtain. It serves no practical purpose and I was already annoyed with it halfway through the video...and it is not even my phone.

The same with Juggle for the most part, but at least Juggle has some real-use practicality.

Always the next release or coming soon. Hopefully this won't be another "leapfrogging" moment.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that ALL mobile OSs are looking towards the next release. That is just how it goes. The problem with BB10 is partially the leaks and partially expectations of wanting BB10 to be the best. Here's the catch, if 10.1.X somehow surpassed iOS and Android 4.X as the most popular mobile OS, comments like yours would not be made. You all would be saying that BlackBerry is the best!

Judging by some comments in a typical Crackberry thread, it seems that no matter what BlackBerry does, it is rarely good enough.
    mk2234 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:21 AM
    Mentioned here
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-3-ios-...-looks-useful/

I'm looking for the timeline I saw the other day.
    Maybe I'm mistaken.
    That was Fan made concept here in cb,,n4bb take it seriously

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:24 AM
    Hope we get some new leaks within the next few months.
    01-31-14 08:27 AM
    If it's going to be a major update, I wonder why not call it BlackBerry 11?
    01-31-14 08:34 AM
    That was Fan made concept here in cb,,n4bb take it seriously

Posted via CB10
    Not the topic the comments by Michael Clewley

Did you bother to read the article and the context in which I referenced it?
    01-31-14 10:43 AM
    Are you being sarcastic?

I am partial to eye tracking data. On one hand it will give those with limited mobility more function, but, it is still kinda creeepy...but also kinda cool.

Velvet is interesting, and a definite milestone for 3D GUI technology....but it is totally eye candy and nothing more. At this point in time, anyways. I do not want my browser or any other window "hanging" like a curtain. It serves no practical purpose and I was already annoyed with it halfway through the video...and it is not even my phone.

The same with Juggle for the most part, but at least Juggle has some real-use practicality.

The problem is that ALL mobile OSs are looking towards the next release. That is just how it goes. The problem with BB10 is partially the leaks and partially expectations of wanting BB10 to be the best. Here's the catch, if 10.1.X somehow surpassed iOS and Android 4.X as the most popular mobile OS, comments like yours would not be made. You all would be saying that BlackBerry is the best!

Judging by some comments in a typical Crackberry thread, it seems that no matter what BlackBerry does, it is rarely good enough.
    I agree with what you said, all of those are concepts and as concepts really would not be the final product on any device...but you have to look at those concepts and imagine them with BB10 stylings and flare to picture how it would really work. Eyetracking basically would be like the iOS 7 Parralax feature, nothing more really.

Velvet obviously wouldn't be a curtain you pull out, but the idea behind it is amazing and could be implemented into the active frames someway. Could be the way they make the active frames "interactive" as the frames themselves are not that large to really become truly interactive...I saw Sailfish OS Jolla and the frames are small and you have to like slide through the frame, and it is interactive but I do not think it is anywhere close to being useful. Velvet could create a better method to interactive frames...

Finally the Juggle of course could be implemented and would be awesome if they could use features from it in the OS. BlackBerry has some great ideas within all of the TaT concepts they acquired, and we have not seen many of them come out yet, so maybe 10.3 is where they will be seen more.
    01-31-14 11:35 AM
    PLEASE....Bring back the os7 "profile" settings for phone in holster or out, for emails/text etc.....gosh I miss being able to have my emails or text vibrate and tone when in holster or just vibrate out of holster...the small things they forgot in os10
    01-31-14 11:46 AM
    Great im looking forward to it!

I really hope they make some changes with active frames.

I have some apps I run consistently and I like to leave them open but the active frame itself is pretty useless to me.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    It be nice to be able to re-size and lock active frames. They should push some developers to make headless apps.

Zed30
    01-31-14 11:54 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've heard this for a couple years now.
    Uzi and Rello like this.
    01-31-14 12:08 PM
    Following are the official roadmaps that I am aware-of.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have changed for months now, with one single line-item exception that I can see:

Release road map - BlackBerry Native
    Release road map - HTML5/WebWorks for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer
    Release roadmap - BlackBerry SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Developer
    Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    And I don't expect them to be updated until at least after Feb. 5th and the Apps World Conference.
    And, until they update those, I'm not believing any rumors.
    01-31-14 12:38 PM
    Definitely looking forward to 10.3, let's see if BlackBerry keep up the pace of OS enrichment.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:59 PM
    There's always something that gets held off until the next OS release. It gets frustrating.
    01-31-14 03:41 PM
    Always the next release or coming soon. Hopefully this won't be another "leapfrogging" moment.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get it with you people, haven't you being getting constant updates and leaks? What is ir that you want?

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    01-31-14 03:45 PM
    It be nice to be able to re-size and lock active frames. They should push some developers to make headless apps.

Zed30
    Well before BB10 went official they were a few features showing up that are not in the current OS, e.g. the pictures app, there was a video on YouTube about an amazing picture app which aloud you to re size picture population with a pinch gesture, and to close pictures with same gestures, i'd like to see that in next update.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:49 PM
    PLEASE....Bring back the os7 "profile" settings for phone in holster or out, for emails/text etc.....gosh I miss being able to have my emails or text vibrate and tone when in holster or just vibrate out of holster...the small things they forgot in os10

I agree about notification profiles, and I believe they might add those back.

Though about holsters - I'd love to do a survey about how many people in the world that own smartphones put them in holsters now.

I'll bet it is a very VERY small percentage. Especially since people are running around with 6.3" screen-sized smartphones these days...
    01-31-14 06:32 PM
    Omnitech! Your right, I bet a few run around with the Z30 on their belt...however, I am one that does! My 9930 was great, this Z30 is big. Real big, I work outside for a living that's why I need a holster, I use the otterbox defender, but getting back to profiles.......I hope they do come back sooner then later...by the way, a friend saw me yesterday and asked "what are you wearing? it looks like a laptop"! ......great, just great
    01-31-14 07:05 PM
    Why do people have no faith due to past personel. Chen is calling the shots now!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:26 PM
    I don't get it with you people, haven't you being getting constant updates and leaks? What is ir that you want?

Posted via CB10
    This is the way BlackBerry is with everything. Over hype and over promise the "next" release. Then what is delivered is either a let down, or behind everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    01-31-14 07:42 PM
    The New 10.2.1 Update Helps Polish The BlackBerry 10 Experience - N4BB

Article on N4BB about 10.2.1 and Michael Clewley, talking about the features and it was mentioned that 10.3 will be the one to wow everyone.

"Even though the update was chock-full of newness, we�re told BlackBerry has a lot more planned for their next OS update. That�s when the big guns will be coming out. Michael Clewley was unable to mention specifics, but safe to say BlackBerry has piqued our interest with what we�re assuming will be 10.3."

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but it is interesting and awesome! Interesting because they are basically saying that 10.3 is coming, and that it will be the update that introduces a LOT of TAT features from the sounds of it (which is what we have been hearing on the forums)...it is nice to be reassured that they are going to do the consumer upgrades!
    Too bad t-mobile usa is still on 10.1...way to get people's hopes up.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-31-14 09:03 PM
    I think the active frames could be a lot more useful for eg

Holding them down to fill one half of the screen so you can actually navigate around the app and doing the same to another to achieve true multitasking

Kinda like on samsung where you can use two apps at once
    Or like the websplitter app on BlackBerry World only in active frames

But keep the normal sized active frames below on the screen below like they currently do

Idk just an idea I think they could achieve a lot more with the active frames

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:58 AM
    I called BlackBerry and the reps don't have any word on 10.3

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    02-10-14 08:50 AM
94 1234